Orphan: First Kill (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Paramount Nabs U.S. Rights to Horror Prequel Orphan: First Kill

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount Players has successfully acquired the North American distribution rights to eOne and Dark Castle’s forthcoming prequel to the 2009 horror thriller film titled Orphan: First Kill. However, there is currently no release date attached to the film yet. The acquisition comes after nine months since the film had officially wrapped its production in Winnipeg.

Orphan: First Kill is directed by William Brent Bell (Stay Alive, The Boy) from a screenplay written by Dave Coggeshall. It will feature the return of Isabelle Fuhrman (The Hunger Games, Masters of Sex) as Leena Klammer/ Esther, who in the first film, deceives a grieving family by posing as a nine-year-old girl, who in reality is a 33-year-old woman with a rare hormonal disorder.

“In the film, Leena Klammer orchestrates a brilliant escape from an Estonian psychiatric facility and travels to America by impersonating the missing daughter of a wealthy family,” reads the synopsis. “But Leena’s new life as “Esther” comes with an unexpected wrinkle and pits her against a mother who will protect her family at any cost.”

Joining Fuhrman in the prequel are Golden Globe nominee Julia Stiles (The Omen, Dexter), Rossif Sutherland (Possessor), and Hiro Kanagawa (Godzilla).

Orphan: First Kill comes from Entertainment One and Dark Castle Entertainment. Producers include Dark Castle’s Alex Mace, Hal Sadoff, and Ethan Erwin as well as James Tomlinson, with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick serving as executive producer.

The first Orphan movie debuted in 2009, where it was directed by Jaume Collet-Serra from a screenplay written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. It starred Vera Farmiga and Peter Sarsgaard.

Man, I love the first one, so excited for this news.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah when you find out she's not a 9 year old I was like oh shit watching the Orphan. A prequel of her destroying another family is going to be crazy to watch.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm glad they are bringing back Isabelle Fuhrman. It definitely wouldn't be the same without her.

Hopefully this is good, the first is one of my favourite horror movies & plot twists. I was speechless.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Still mad at that friend who spoiled the final twist for me, I liked Orphan but I wish I had seen it without knowing what was going on.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Still mad at that friend who spoiled the final twist for me, I liked Orphan but I wish I had seen it without knowing what was going on.

Man, that blows. A big part of the enjoyment of the movie is the twist hitting at the end. I'd be very annoyed too. Like the big reason I remember it is the plot twist.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wasn't much of a fan of the original film, so maybe this can improve on it. The Boy was a guilty pleasure :p That end was nuts!:D. The star was solid though so good that she's back.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Finally some movement on this, I was beginning to think it wasn't happening with very little details

orphan-first-kill-poster.png

trailer-soon-1.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: Alexa and Necro

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Freaking great Trailer. I just showed it to my Mom she really enjoyed the previous film and she said and I quote that little bitch needs an ass whoopin. I told her yeah I don't see that happening here she's going to burn it all down with that family and two step away to the next family :lol

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
You can tell the actress aged and doesn't look like a little girl anymore. So it's kind of pointless to make a prequel with her.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
You can tell the actress aged and doesn't look like a little girl anymore. So it's kind of pointless to make a prequel with her.

I don't believe that is what they are going for.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Going to be seeing this in cinemas today. Not been to see a movie like this in so long.

I also can't remember the last time I went to a horror movie by myself. :lol Nobody else I know IRL is in to them.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Tempted to nab this myself in October for the inevitable rewatch, I really liked it a lot

first-kill-blu.jpg

After making $12.2 million worldwide in theaters – again we must note that the film only hit a maximum of 557 theaters at the height of its run here in the United States – prequel movie Orphan: First Kill is now headed home to DVD and Blu-ray just in time for Halloween.

Paramount brings Orphan: First Kill to DVD and Blu-ray on October 18, 2022.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler