Promos Opportunities

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Opportunities
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Facebook-Oscars-lounge.jpg

(Minus the obvious Oscar's logo)​

In what appears to be a studio of sorts, we have ourselves two comfortable red chairs in front of golden fireplace and the LDW logo. The setting is rather simple, but still decorative. Sitting in one of the chairs, with his signature fedora and glasses, along with a white dress shirt and black dress pants, is Brian Toogood. Leaning back in his chair, he is on his phone and is in the middle of a phone conversation.

“Babe, it’s so great that you’re learning that. You seem to be a natural for it, and so much more but, haha, yeah. And you can take all the time you want. All I want is for us to be prepared for when the day comes… Who am I kidding, we’re perfect!”

Walking in on the side, wearing a polo shirt brandishing the LDW logo is veteran announcer, Benny Huggins. He sits down in the other chair and taps his foot waiting for Brian to finish his phone call.

“No, you’re beautiful, babe. You’re a perfect 11! I can’t wait for us to meet up this weekend, because you know we’re going to have such a good time together, hehe.” He raises his eyebrows. “So get all the rest you can, dear, because I think we’re going to be up alll n-”

Perhaps not wanting to hear what is coming next, Benny Huggins speaks up. “You do know we have an interview scheduled, right?”

Rolling his eyes, Brian says gently to the person on the other end of the phone who is likely his girlfriend. “Babe, one moment,” before shouting at Benny. “Excuse me, geek, I’m talking to a girl that’s way out of your league!”

Benny mutters in response. “If you want to talk to her, that’s fine, but if we don’t get this done now, you’re not getting paid.” and the interviewer smirks as Brian begrudgingly goes along.

“Hun, I’m sorry, I have to do this interview. You know, wrestling and all that. I’ll get this over with as quickly as possible. Laters.” then Brian Toogood finally hangs up so Benny can start the interview.

“Benny Huggins here from Liberty or Death Wrestling and this is an exclusive online interview with one-third of the Triple Threat main event this week on Primetime, and I’m going to say this slow so he can have time to do his thing.” And to not get on the wrong side of his guest, he says his name slowly so he can point and pose along. “B-T-G, Brian Toogood. How are you today, Brian?”

The upstart chuckles and says, “Great since I have someone who is an actual professional giving me my intro. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get this over quick.”

Benny Huggins nods in agreement for perhaps different reasons than Brian, gets the interview going along. “First question, some fans and even your opponents have questioned the methods you used to get two wins in one night at Declaration, with some saying you picked an easy option in your first opponent and calling you out on cheating to beat Patriot. What is your response?”

“What’s the problem?” Brian says, being rather offended. “Tell me, what’s wrong with making things harder for myself and showcase my talents properly? I picked the biggest freak I could find just so I can show myself as the Slayer of Freaks. That Taboo guy, he was a maniac! I was willing to risk my safety with that weirdo and I beat him one, two, three… AND I made him tap out! I beat him twice! Then for Patriot, I’ll give that red, white, and blue geek some credit, he was adequate, maybe good, just he wasn’t Toogood, like BTG, the best at hashtags, the young rising star, the Great Brian Toogood. So what I may have…” He smirks, “used the ropes a little bit to get aid. The three-count was made, the bell rung, the official raised my hand, that might as well be legal.”

Benny Huggins shrugs in response and follows up. “But there is still a case to be made against it, which could be why you have to go through a qualifying match first for the LDW World Championship.”

Shaking his head, Brian Toogood says firmly. “No, there isn’t a case.”

“You know what?” Benny Huggins responds. “I was just explaining why, but since it clearly upsets you, why are you upset at this?”

“It’s simple math, Benny.” Toogood holds up his hands to count. “I have two wins, those two each have one, technically you can say I have three wins because I beat that freak twice! I’m already two to three times better than them. If I wasn’t already crowned LDW World Champion, to begin with, it would be only fair to at least have them fight to get on my level, the Toogood level!”

Benny smirks and says “So that means you’re willing to stand up to Slate and Eden about it?”

With that response, Brian is seen having a chill down his spine and he stutters out, “H-Hey now, I’m not going to be disrespectful to my dear employers. They are paying me the Big Money worthy of Big Money Brian Toogood. But I already have been working to get a meeting with them to talk about that and other things. They were so reasonable in helping me get a worthy debut, so I’m sure we can work something out.”

Huggins leads to the next question and almost tests Brian Toogood a little. “Well, some are saying you’re a coward, so maybe you do need to prove something? But you are facing both Chris Young and Darius Wright. What do you think of them?”

Scratching his chin, Brian Toogood says half-jokingly, “Until I was booked against them, not much, hahaha!” The snob shakes his hand. “But I have heard a fair bit about those two freaks and geeks. Two men who just can never get the job done. Darius Wright acts like he’s one of the toughest people around like he’s the biggest guy. News flash, dumbass, I’m actually bigger than you. Just I didn’t live in some hellhole in LA. If anything, when I go to LA, I’m in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, places where people with power go. He thinks he’s some King of LA, but he also has some Harry Potter reject trying to give him advice.”

Leaning back in his chair, Brian Toogood continues. “Then we have Christopher Young. Now, believe it not, I’m going to say something nice. Because in preparation I decided to watch some Chris Young matches, and while I expected them to be atrocious, he did well. I was almost impressed. He can put on these… classics almost. Well, almost because having good matches have only got this poor geek so far and he hasn’t had much hardware to show for it. Maybe he needs to stop moping and realize that a star rating doesn’t give him titles and wins? And for the love of God, I hate stuff from Japan!”

Brian groans and says rather firmly. “These two men are exactly what I hope to get rid of as LDW Champion. Chris Young is from the breathing ground of geeks, and both of them are freaks in some ways. Like, have you seen how Chris Young is when he wears that performance-enhancing paint!? How about how Darius threatens children!? People need a pure and true champion. And I’m not waiting around years like them. Brian Toogood is going to be champion.”

Benny Huggins, knowing he’s not going to get on the bad side of his loud-mouthed guest, continues on. “And to be a champion, you have to avoid getting pinned in this match, but the temptation may be there of trying to win yourself to pick the stipulation. Is that a priority for yourself? Or do you just want to survive?”

Thinking for a few moments, Brian takes off his fedora and scratches his head before putting it back on and answering the question. “You know what? Most of these simple fans may expect me to just stay away and just ride into the world title match… But I’m not like that. Sure, if I’m in a position where I need to let them fight to make sure justice is served and I'm the champ, I’ll do it. But do you really think it’d be smart of me to let those freaks pick the match stipulation? I’m not like them, I won’t waste opportunities. This is what this match is all about, opportunities. Two men desperate for opportunities and BTG, Brian Toogood, looking for his rightful opportunity to be the first and best champion in LDW history, and I have already shown in one night I can do something with one.”

Folding his hands, Brian Toogood smiles. “Benny, people like me do three things with opportunities. We make them, like how I made the opportunity to set the bar higher than anyone can reach here, winning twice in a night. We also take opportunities from people who don’t deserve them, like I took advantage of the Boston germ and beat him in the ring. And the funniest thing of all. We can also,” Brian uses air quotes, “earn them.” Toogood takes off his glasses. “And nobody will question the fact that after Declaration, I have earned the right to call myself Liberty or Death Wrestling World Champion. Because I’m Brian Toogood, and I’m just too good.”

Standing up, Brian puts on his shades again and says “There, I think that’s enough of an interview, Ben. Send me my cheque in the mail.” before turning around and walking off as Benny Huggins shrugs as the scene fades to black.

Tags:
@King Of Armageddon and @Impactsona