Open Letter to WWEF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Or he's a troll?
ghana.gif

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
This site doesn't seem very dead at all, the top 5 posters today make up 161 posts alone. I know for sure I wish I had that kinda activity when I tried my hand out in making forums :(.

I've always thought this forum had a very friendly and (for the most part) fun community, but not much quality discussion. In the supposed golden era of this forum I don't think I ever really made a wrestling-related post because I just couldn't contribute to anything to what was being discussed. For the most part wrestling "discussion" was limited to every member getting buttblasted by Gohan and BrockLesnarFan(that's his name, right?) threads and "trolling" the two in their threads. Every other bit of wrestling discussion was limited to a post with one or two words with one of those emoticon faces at the end of it and silly jokes that aren't very funny. I could've still contributed with posts that I thought were of quality, but I'm lazy.

This forum still had fun times (and it likely still does now), but I think there were a lot of flaws with it. That's not to say other wrestling forum's aren't without their flaws though, as they're all shit. Regardless of these flaws, I've still had a fun time on this site and have made friends that I still talk to to this day. I just wanted to give my perspective of this supposed golden era and show why in my opinion it wasn't all that its being made out to be.

Until next time~

Reactions: seabs

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
If you look back at the old stuff. Every section was has hot as the sun and every thread got attention. From what would you do if they're were to laws to Funny Wrestling Pictures. Now. There isn't much going on.

To say, Why won't you be as active as you can and it will work. Go back and look I had 2-3 threads per page in a lot of sections and it didn't help expect the fact that it was called annoying. People said once the summer roles around the forum will boom again and it didn't. To say other forums are as good as this, none are. This site has a buzz that's one of a kind but with everyone leaving and limited activity amongst the people who do stay active it's not helping. You get the members that the forum is known for like D'z, seabs and so on and you get more members like that. IMO that's what drove the site to the top of the world of forums. Quality members posting, not to say that people aren't quality. It's just everything's just slowed down to a pace that it's getting boring and uninteresting.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
If you look back at the old stuff. Every section was has hot as the sun and every thread got attention

This just isn't true. Not every section was that active, I distinctively remember the Smackdown and TNA sections always struggling with activity around that point in time for example. Plus, there were also many less sections back then, which made more of the sections seem a lot more active as they had multiple different topics in them.

Plus, again, quantity does not equal quality. Otherwise that Kelly Kelly discussion thread would be the most quality thread on the forum.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
This site doesn't seem very dead at all, the top 5 posters today make up 161 posts alone. I know for sure I wish I had that kinda activity when I tried my hand out in making forums :emoji_slight_frown:.

I've always thought this forum had a very friendly and (for the most part) fun community, but not much quality discussion. In the supposed golden era of this forum I don't think I ever really made a wrestling-related post because I just couldn't contribute to anything to what was being discussed. For the most part wrestling "discussion" was limited to every member getting buttblasted by Gohan and BrockLesnarFan(that's his name, right?) threads and "trolling" the two in their threads. Every other bit of wrestling discussion was limited to a post with one or two words with one of those emoticon faces at the end of it and silly jokes that aren't very funny. I could've still contributed with posts that I thought were of quality, but I'm lazy.

This forum still had fun times (and it likely still does now), but I think there were a lot of flaws with it. That's not to say other wrestling forum's aren't without their flaws though, as they're all shit. Regardless of these flaws, I've still had a fun time on this site and have made friends that I still talk to to this day. I just wanted to give my perspective of this supposed golden era and show why in my opinion it wasn't all that its being made out to be.

Until next time~
Well said

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This just isn't true. Not every section was that active, I distinctively remember the Smackdown and TNA sections always struggling with activity around that point in time for example. Plus, there were also many less sections back then, which made more of the sections seem a lot more active as they had multiple different topics in them.

Plus, again, quantity does not equal quality. Otherwise that Kelly Kelly discussion thread would be the most quality thread on the forum.
I was exaggerating the fact that the site being active in every aspect back then. About the quality and quantity thing. Asking a forum to shoot out quality discussion a lot is really hard to do. Quality wise the site is up and is doing ok. You have guys like Duke, Kevin, Sharpy, Stop (Would include myself but I'm not a powerhouse there.) The guys listed post great discussion. Not one forum can have great quality with out a good amount of active members. Quantity always drives quality. If you see 50 members on and looking through threads and not just on the forum list then people will be more welcomed to post in the threads they're viewing or post a new thread to capture a roaming eye. This site needs a little bit of both to do better.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I was exaggerating the fact that the site being active in every aspect back then. About the quality and quantity thing. Asking a forum to shoot out quality discussion a lot is really hard to do. Quality wise the site is up and is doing ok. You have guys like Duke, Kevin, Sharpy, Stop (Would include myself but I'm not a powerhouse there.) The guys listed post great discussion. Not one forum can have great quality with out a good amount of active members. Quantity always drives quality. If you see 50 members on and looking through threads and not just on the forum list then people will be more welcomed to post in the threads they're viewing or post a new thread to capture a roaming eye. This site needs a little bit of both to do better.

Agreed

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If you look back at the old stuff. Every section was has hot as the sun and every thread got attention. From what would you do if they're were to laws to Funny Wrestling Pictures. Now. There isn't much going on.

To say, Why won't you be as active as you can and it will work. Go back and look I had 2-3 threads per page in a lot of sections and it didn't help expect the fact that it was called annoying. People said once the summer roles around the forum will boom again and it didn't. To say other forums are as good as this, none are. This site has a buzz that's one of a kind but with everyone leaving and limited activity amongst the people who do stay active it's not helping. You get the members that the forum is known for like D'z, seabs and so on and you get more members like that. IMO that's what drove the site to the top of the world of forums. Quality members posting, not to say that people aren't quality. It's just everything's just slowed down to a pace that it's getting boring and uninteresting.
The activity doesn't really matter when you compare back then to now. The matter of the fact is, it's not as fun as it used to be. And can it once again be as awesome as it was before? Probably not and there is one sole reason. Because everyone was new and they tried to put on a good impression on each other. Now that we're pretty much tight with each other and known within the forum, there's not much to accomplish here anymore. I've already done everything I've wanted to do here and have nothing more to accomplish. Groups were cool back then, but now they're pretty much useless. Awards, who cares about awards? No one cares about MOTM, no one cares about groups, the only reason people still come on here is out of habit or to discuss wrestling.

Now I know you might say fantasy league, etc. but whatever.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I was exaggerating the fact that the site being active in every aspect back then.

Why exaggerate when trying to prove a point and get your opinion across?

Quantity always drives quality.

I personally was turned off this forum because of the quality of the discussion. As with all the other wrestling forums. Activity is needed yes, but when the forum is filled with nothing but silly one-liner jokes it turns me off. And make no mistake about it, back then (and probably now too, though I don't tend to look through many posts these days) that was the majority of all posts. It was exceedingly cringe-worthy for the most part, especially with all the members "trolling" Gohan and BrockLesnarFan in (ironically) their own troll threads.

I'm sure a lot of other members found that stuff funny though as it's very subjective. Take my opinion for what you will, I again am just trying to show my perspective on this.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Why exaggerate when trying to prove a point and get your opinion across?

I personally was turned off this forum because of the quality of the discussion. As with all the other wrestling forums. Activity is needed yes, but when the forum is filled with nothing but silly one-liner jokes it turns me off. And make no mistake about it, back then (and probably now too, though I don't tend to look through many posts these days) that was the majority of all posts. It was exceedingly cringe-worthy for the most part, especially with all the members "trolling" Gohan and BrockLesnarFan in (ironically) their own troll threads.
It was a general consensus of the site. The site was highly active but of course the site wasn't the Mecca of wrestling forums.

The activity doesn't really matter when you compare back then to now. The matter of the fact is, it's not as fun as it used to be. And can it once again be as awesome as it was before? Probably not and there is one sole reason. Because everyone was new and they tried to put on a good impression on each other. Now that we're pretty much tight with each other and known within the forum, there's not much to accomplish here anymore. I've already done everything I've wanted to do here and have nothing more to accomplish. Groups were cool back then, but now they're pretty much useless. Awards, who cares about awards? No one cares about MOTM, no one cares about groups, the only reason people still come on here is out of habit or to discuss wrestling.

So basically, no one cares.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
For every thread that has even 10 or more posts in it, there will be at least 1 post that is very profound.

Is this supposed to be a good thing, though? That's essentially saying the majority of the discussion is bad, but there are at times some good things. I could say this about a lot of things, like RAW for example. If I sit through the entire three hours of it I might find one of two things that I like, but that means I have to sit through the entire three hours of it to find it.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score

Agreed

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a good thing, though? That's essentially saying the majority of the discussion is bad, but there are at times some good things. I could say this about a lot of things, like RAW for example. If I sit through the entire three hours of it I might find one of two things that I like, but that means I have to sit through the entire three hours of it to find it (if I'm watching it live ofc)
No it isn't really.

Last edited:

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
the site wasn't the Mecca of wrestling forums.

And that's all I was trying to say :)

I think the start to making the community better would be to stop comparing it to its past self, and create a new culture for it. Whether it was good or bad, it most likely will never be able to replicate what it once was. So create a new culture to nostalgia over and complain about how it isn't like that in a few years when the culture has again changed.

-leojay, life forum advice counsellor

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
So basically, no one cares.
Pretty much. No one strives for anything anymore except for Dat Kid wanting to unban nikkaswag.
I care about MOTM, for obvious reasons. I believe you are discounting those who actually want this place to thrive to the best it can be.
It isn't rational to believe this site will boom, but that won't prevent me from believing it.
I agree with almost your entire post, but you mention how much YOU have accomplished as if that'd enough.
I get that. There was a time I may have echoed the same sentiment. One day I realize there are things bigger than me.
It can't be about just yourself, or else things will crumble. A team un-united will disband.
Don't get me wrong, I want this forum to sky rocket as well. But there's some things on this forum which doesn't live up to it's hype as it used to.