One Year Ago Today...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Went by way too fast. Mitsuharu Misawa died in the ring last year and...I just wanted to make a thread to remember this day, although it was quite tragic. Here's a small something I posted on another forum about it.

"I think it's important for all the Pro Wrestling NOAH fans, and Pro Wrestling fans in general to remember Misawa. And hopefully some of the older stars, especially in NOAH learned something from his tragic passing one year ago. And I just hope that we never have to see another incident where anyone dies in the ring like that again.

But I don't wanna go on and on about it, as i'm sure everybody at this forum and a crapload of people everywhere already know how great he used to be, how sad his death was and probably had a lot of fun poking at him running NOAH through the AJPW guys, and all that good stuff, and not to sound cheesy, but I hope he's sailed up to be back with his hero Baba, among a plethora of others i'm sure.

Please continue to rest in peace."

June 18, 1962 - June 13, 2009

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
RIP one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

Axis

Reaction score
Wow, it's already been a year? Yeah, RIP.

Alex C

Reaction score
CM Punk is the only one in WWE that gave tribute in some way after he died. RIP Misawa

Reaction score
R.I.P, Father Head drop. Just so insane to think of how great of a worker he was. Watching his matches were like watching a wrestling video game, just insanely action packed.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I remember just a few months ago, I showed my uncle (Who's pretty much a "mark" fan nowadays. WWE and a little TNA was about all he knew of this generation.) a few puro matches, hyped it up as the real deal and whatnot, the very first match I showed him was Misawa/Kawada, in which Misawa won with the Tiger Driver '91. And he literally yelled "OH!" at that the ending and was amazed by especially Misawa's stiff elbows as well as toughness for taking K's punishment and he said "That's what wrestling should be about". I couldn't agree more with that.

Looking purely from a fan perspective he's in my top 3 favorites of all time. Right behind Kobashi and Vader, and right up there with Taue, K, Jumbo, Hansen and others as the AJPW stars of the 90's.

I'm very grateful that a few of you paid respects to this wrestling legend, even though I know Jap wrestling isn't discussed a whole bunch here, and even though it's a year later. :)