OMBayBay Reviews Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano CWC

I think going into the CWC I think everyone knew we were going to get some good matches there was a lot of talent going into this thing and to see these two newer tag team guy in this CWC was a really cool thing DIY was just getting in as this up and coming tag team in NXT and to see that these two friends tag team partners were going to face off in the 1st rd no less holy fuck.

This match wasn't long and well I don't think it needed to be a good amount of offense from both men and you could see how the darkness was slowly creeping in on Tommaso throughout the match the man he was set to become was chained here and in the end Tommaso couldn't pull the trigger yet going for a knee to a dazed Johnny that hesitation cost him and Gargano picked up the W.

I think this match was brought up by Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranello commentary in this and the hard striking of this match.

This planted the seeds to the greatest feud ever IMO and this one was of the best matches I ever seen including the ending where Tommaso & Johnny sit in the ring.

5 out of 5 stars

Reactions: Chris

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy WWE Undisputed Championship Ladder Match July 1st, 2002 RAW

This is one of my fav matches of all time and it was on an episode of Raw. This is where a young Jeff Hardy would go one on one with Big Evil Undertaker. What can I say about this match it started off hot and while Taker dominated most of this match Jeff Hardy stole his brother gimmick and Would Not Die! He give it everything this night and while not the victor he def came away a star in the making now of course this wasn't for a few more years but, you could tell that Jeff had endeared himself to a lot of people and tonight he earned the respect of Taker. I remember watching this as a kid and hearing JR say: "Go Ahead Kid Make Yourself Famous!" and I with Jeff Hardy as my fav wrestler of all time was screaming go Jeff go Jeff. This has been a moment that stuck with my forever.

4.5 out of 5 Stars

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
When i rewatched that match recently it wasn't as good as I remembered but I was a huge Jeff Hardy fan as a kid so I was marking out the whole fucking time. Plus I think some of JR's best commentary ever is his "make yourself famous" line

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Mankind vs. Kane Survivor Series 1997

Overall this match was decent and these two put on a solid match Kane was booked as a monster and Mankind was booked as the underdog. I really dug most of the spots in this match that I could see. The red lighting made it so hard to see anything that was going on in the match.

Kane is coming off his debut bout thirty days prior and its good to see how hard he was pushed here at one point you would think hes a bigger monster then Taker.

2.5 out of 5 stars

(mostly due to lighting)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Early Kane was pretty bad in the ring, a mixture of him still being a little green but mostly just being limited by his monster character, but that match was one of his best if I remember correctly of his early run. Lighting did suck tho lmao

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Cody vs. Dustin AEW Double Or Nothing

This match was match I was looking foward to the most over the whole entire show. I don't think that I can tell you how much I hyped this match before hand and by God before the match started I was sold. The promo package maybe one of the best I have ever seen and it helped lift this match. Then there was the entrances the fact that Cody did the throne thing people said was much I was indifferent to it.

Before the bell rings hearing those Dusty chants give me goosebumps then the match started. This was brutal this was emotional you could feel every up and down and you were at the edge of the seat. Dustin bloody mess was like a painting telling the story and having Cody trying to kill the attitude era and his own brother. Dustin is 50 years old if not older and this WAS the best match of his career. I always hold a place in my heart for Goldust but, tonight he want Goldust he wasn't held back by some gimmick tonight he was Dustin Rhodes he was focused he was on point.

The scene afterwards a bit odd but, the feeling was there and to see Cody give the respect to his brother after and say I need my big brother I was in tears.

5 out of 5 stars 2019 MOTY Hands Down!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lover Boy

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Just out of curiosity is 5 stars rarer for you or more common?

Not that it matters as it's your opinion, it just helps me know how special something is if it gets a rare 5 star rating from you.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Cody vs. Dustin AEW Double Or Nothing

This match was match I was looking foward to the most over the whole entire show. I don't think that I can tell you how much I hyped this match before hand and by God before the match started I was sold. The promo package maybe one of the best I have ever seen and it helped lift this match. Then there was the entrances the fact that Cody did the throne thing people said was much I was indifferent to it.

Before the bell rings hearing those Dusty chants give me goosebumps then the match started. This was brutal this was emotional you could feel every up and down and you were at the edge of the seat. Dustin bloody mess was like a painting telling the story and having Cody trying to kill the attitude era and his own brother. Dustin is 50 years old if not older and this WAS the best match of his career. I always hold a place in my heart for Goldust but, tonight he want Goldust he wasn't held back by some gimmick tonight he was Dustin Rhodes he was focused he was on point.

The scene afterwards a bit odd but, the feeling was there and to see Cody give the respect to his brother after and say I need my big brother I was in tears.

5 out of 5 stars 2019 MOTY Hands Down!

Absolutely loved this match as well, the storytelling was incredible. My favourite match of the year.

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Just out of curiosity is 5 stars rarer for you or more common?

Not that it matters as it's your opinion, it just helps me know how special something is if it gets a rare 5 star rating from you.

I mean I gave CWC Ciampa vs. Gargano 5 stars so I guess its on how much I am invested in match

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Stone Cold vs. Scott Hall WM X-8

This match hyped up had the chance to steal the show here at X-8 and in the end was a real disappointment. Scott Hall looked awful in this and knowing where he was at this part of his life now I understand why he looked bad. Hall vs. SCSA was built as Hall trying to make a name for himself by using Austin. Austin says this and I went um wasn't Razor around before SCSA?

That's like saying Dude Love and Cactus Jack aren't the same person. The match itself is really only known for that stunner that Hall sold. Nash interferes gets stunned Austin does typical Austin stuff going back watching Austin he really wasn't that great in the ring he was def a brawler but his charisma def carry him throughout his career. This match could of been built better if it was Hogan vs. SCSA at the end with Hall & Nash being beaten in other PPV leading up to it.

2 out of 5 stars

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
JBL vs. Finlay WrestleMania 24

Honestly this was a very solid match. It had taken that McMahon Hornswoggle angle and instead made it as Finlay as his father and that he did it for his son. JBL comes into the feuds and comes off a huge bastard in this including attacking hornswoggle in a hospital. This feud very underrated ad could of given Finlay a decent lil mid card push given the fans were behind him.

These two beat the hell out of each other and put on a fight. This match was prob the best thing these two did that year and for an undercard match it delivered. I don't know if JBL going over is what I would of done given how much Finlay could gained from a win but good match.

3 stars out of 5

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Probably one of the weaker matches of that 'Mania and that says a lot about that show bc it's so underrated, good choice of an opener IMO and it was still better than Batista/Umaga and the divas match

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I saw them do basically this same match live at a house show a couple of weeks before Mania. Finlay used a bunch of catering equipment on JBL. Grabbed JBL by the nugs with a pair of tongs. It was good stuff.

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Edge, Mick Foley, and Lita vs. Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk and McGillcutty ECW ONS

Man I tell you this is one of the best PPV's of all time ECW revival ended badly but OH MY God did it start out great this match is freaking brutal and IMO the best match of the night second to only Sabu vs. Rey. This has some crazy spots. Fire it had barb wire it had Funk almost die. God Terry Funk is crazy in this beating the living hell out of himself theres without no doubt that Funk is Hardcore. Lita and Mrs. Dreamer are great in this too. I really like the double DDT spot for Dream Team and Foley and Funk going through barb table. The finish was def rated R and fit Edge.

Edge comes out of this looking fantastic too and Funk gets what should be a hell of a sendoff but its Funk he prob wrestle till hes 90.

4 stars out of 5

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
United States TItle Match
MVP vs. Matt Hardy

I liked this feud in my teenage years as a fan of MVP I thought that after this he be shot up the card but that wasn't the case the match itself saw a lot of good back and forth to open up Backlash 08 and that card has some duds in it. Khali vs. Big Show *cough cough*

MVP and Matt Hardy end up getting into a good feud overall plus they won some gold and traded US Title.

I think MVP looks better of the two in the match he plays the heel very well but, the crowd was hot to see him lose the title. I think its a shame MVP never got the push he could of been a decent heel World Champion. I miss the tunnel entrance :/. Good forth watch a pretty decent match on a ehh so night.

3 Stars out of 5 .