Old School Wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Just curious on how far everyone goes back in your mind when you hear the term " Old School Wrestling " ?

Now even though Ive been watching wrestling a long time, Im only 17 so what I consider a long time does not go ALL the way back to the very first Wrestlemania. In fact, even though I have seen wrestling videos and such from earlier times, the first time I remember watching wrestling was a year or two before the Attitude Era. So I guess I was lucky there...lol. I remember my first PPV being In Your House where the Undertaker had his face all in bandages from being set on fire during his feud with Mankind and the traitorous Paul Bearer. So thats pretty much old school to me.

How far back is old school in your opinion?....and what is the first match you remember watching?

PeepShow

Hmmmmmm :g:

I would say for me, old school wrestling would go back to about the early 80's as well. Im not really sure though. Its all an opinon.

The first match, I really dont remember to be honest. I just remeber the first yr I started actually watching wrestling, which was back in 1996

samborambo

Reaction score
For me it would precede the Wrestlemania days, pre Hogan. Being 30 I can vividly remember watching Hogan v Andre at wrestlemania 3, So pretty much before then I would really call old school.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Old School Wrestling started during the 80's I think, during Hogan and Piper fued. But based on my memory, Old School is when I am really excited about Ultimate Warrior, I really loved to see a Policeman, a Mountie or a Native American inside the ring and I am really spooked out when Undertaker's theme starts to play around the arena! lol....

Reaction score
I'm only 15, but old school to me is 1980s and before. First match I can ever remember was Brian Knobbs and Hugh Morris vs. The Armstrong Brothers on WCW Thunder lol. I really have no idea why I remember that so vividly, but I guess it was the first match I ever saw.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I started watching wrestling in I want to say 1993/1994....the first PPV I remember watching was Starrcade 1993.... it was the one where Flair beat Vader for the title. Of course, I didn't really care because as most young fans then, I cheered for Sting.

Montana

My first wrestling match i dont really remember because they most showed jobber matches, but one moment i remember is Sluaghter buring Hogans shirt. (1990) Wrestling didnt really catch my eye til 1992. A little before Summerslam 92. The Undertaker vs Kamala, Hitman vs Bulldog, The Savage/perfect vs Flair/Razor fued. I started watching wcw shortly after. I liked Vader, Van Hammer, Ron SImmons, Sting, Pillman and Austin,

It's kinda hard to look at what is old school wrestling, i look at it, more like different eras. Like there was the attitude era, The early 90's era, The Golden Era with HOgan, The Nwa era, But i'd say anything from the 80's could be considered old school.

chavoheat

Reaction score
I remember seeing that Flair/Von Erich match. That was great.