Old Orton > Current Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Brooklyn Brawler >>> Current Orton

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah definitely prefer the Orton over the one we have now, the current one is pretty bland and boring.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
He was starting to improve just before he got this title run, its like he was told to prove himself to get a title shot so put the effort in. Then as soon as he got the belt stopped giving a crap again.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm still a huge Orton mark...but I haven't been fond of this character lately. In terms as a wrestler, I really like Orton seeing as he been in one of the better recent matches so far when it comes to strictly quality in the WWE, but his character is blah. The writers are making him look weak, I thought he was going back to being the sadistic viper but instead he's just a cowardly heel which doesn't help his character.. And apologising to The Authority.. is cringe-worthy. But my overall take on Orton? I feel like he's overlooked. Orton is probably one of the most overlooked wrestlers in this generation. He's always been looked at as number #2 behind Cena and it's nothing wrong with that. Cena has earned his spot and Orton has had his trouble but Orton never gets credit. He's put people over and people are like "well he needs to he's already had his time" then he goes from heel to face it's "stale" he goes from face to heel " it's awful or not up to par". Orton delivers a consistent amount of good matches. Yes he's not "technical as Indy wrestlers" but the guy still has a high wrestling IQ. He does the same moves but who doesn't at this point even Daniel Bryan is starting to do them. The kicks, the flying goat thing, the yes lock ( gets broken), jumps off the top rope for a missile dropkick, then hits the running knee. Orton is monotone and can be boring but his mic work this title reign has and can be good at times, it's one of the reasons he was able to be a top guy. His mic work this reign has been overlooked because of the fans displeasure but it has been more lively. At this point people rag on him because it's the cool thing to do and with the same old "Randy Boreton" stuff but what else can you say after that the guy pretty much cleaned up his act and for the most part personally too? Orton is the guy they'll do stuff to that they'll never do with Cena. He catches a lot of BS most of it isn't even deserved. He's earned his spot at the top. He needs better booking at this point honestly.

Shane9792

Jobber
Reaction score
Orton has become so boring lately. Everytime he does the same thing: 2 shoulder knockdowns, a slam and then an R.K.O.. I mean, you cannot be serious right? Back in time, he didn't cry the way he does today. He also has no mic skills, absolutely. They should consider bringing Orton back to the "Legend Killer" state.

:nogusta:

~Shane