ok, im sure alot of people haven't thought of it this way

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
alright, with the tragedy of Benoit's double murder/ suicide a lot of people have been hung up on it. I myself am one of those people. since it happened if anyone has brought up pro wrestling that's what i thought about.

what i haven't been thinking about is the depth of the roster at this time. Benoit was undoubtedly the best wrestler on the active roster at the time of his death.

basically what i am saying is i don't think anyone has realized what this does to the WWE roster. especially the ECW roster.

any thoughts?

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yea...I never really thought about that...but think about it,Benoit was only gonna chill in ECW for a little,go back to one of the A brands and put some guys over,then Retire...IMO they have to move Finlay to ECW just to replace Benoit and itll be all good...I mean he wasnt doing much foir the WWE as a whole at the moment

Reaction score
at the moment, but it's going to show when a bunch of young guys don't have him there to help train and stuff. also, if you read a news thread like a week ago HHH personally requested Benoit to be moved to RAW for a feud between the two; which would've been one of the best in a long time, of course all of this is "maybe" and "if" but idk, the company will definitely feel a serious effect

ion256

Reaction score
at the moment, but it's going to show when a bunch of young guys don't have him there to help train and stuff. also, if you read a news thread like a week ago HHH personally requested Benoit to be moved to RAW for a feud between the two; which would've been one of the best in a long time, of course all of this is "maybe" and "if" but idk, the company will definitely feel a serious effect

after the shock wore off that was one of my first thoughts with him gone ecw just has dreamer and balls stevie richards and nunzio to train the young guys but thats it

C4

That's right, as of now the ECW Future is Dark, ECW Plans were to have Chris Benoit as Champion for a long time and make him the top Superstar on ECW and make him feud with Marcus Cor Van and after some months have Benoit to loose against Marcus Cor Van, So a ECW Title run for Cor Van.
But all the Plans changed and ECW's future is in the Dark.

Oasis

Reaction score
Like V1 said, I think they should bring in Finlay to replace Benoit. Regal might be a better choice but since he might actually have something going on in Raw it would be stupid to move him while Finlay's doing absolutely nothing on Smackdown. I also think they should start to feature Dreamer a bit more since he's another great talent that could help the new guys, yeah..........

reaction

Reaction score
Benoit was one of the best wrestlers in wwe its a real shame and yes wwe will suffer because of this tragedy

Truth

Reaction score
Only people on ECW that matter....Nitro, Punk, Burke, Thorne, Cor Von, soon to be Viscera as a main eventer. So Punk is face, and Thorne should go face. I also think Cor Von or Burke should go face meaning we have heel Nitro, heel Viscera, heel Burke, face Cor Von, face Punk, face Thorne. Thats a pretty good crop of guys who can fill the one hour time slot and different feuds to occur. Benoit definetly is a huge loss, but I bet Burchill is brought to ECW now.

uhwf

Reaction score
Nitro is an excellent in ring athlete. I think it's great he's being pushed again.

3lions

Reaction score
As soon as I found out Benoit was dead, i realised that there was nobody left in the WWE who could put on such a great match as Benoit, whilst making an average wrestler look like gold in the process. It doesn't matter who Benoit faced, he could bring his opponenet to a decent/good/great match. Some may argue that others can do that, HBK for example, but I disagree, all he does is sell like there's no tomorrow.

Benoit was the last of a dying breed in WWE, where the wrestler did their talking in the ring and when he faced a Big Show, Undertaker, kane, you actually believed he could win.

There is nobody who can fill Benoit's shoes. Flair? Jobbed too much. Regal? Never taken seriously. Finlay? Possibly, but needs to lose the gimmick.

phantomgerald

There's nobody who could replace Benoit, he's the best wrestler WWE had in terms of wrestling ability. I don't think they should send anybody there. With a young crop of wrestlers, let have the title change hands more regularly and i think that should help ratings. although i would have send kenny to ecw and nitro to sd, because kenny i think deserves a shot at a solo title just to prove how good he is

3lions

Reaction score
Kenny is too small and skinny to be anything in WWE. A CW, Tag, IC/US title run will be the top achievment for him in WWE. Forget about him being a ME star.

Truth

Reaction score
Kenny is too small and skinny to be anything in WWE. A CW, Tag, IC/US title run will be the top achievment for him in WWE. Forget about him being a ME star.

Yes but remember Orton when he first entered the WWE, he was really skinny, now look at him. Kenny has time to bulk up and become a star. I dont think he will ever be a ME'er but definetly if he gains like 25 pounds of muscle he could be a good midcarder IC/US champion.

Anyhow ECW is pretty much a higher rate OVW. Its for getting young guys ready and building them up. They really upped Punk, Cor Von, Thorne, and Burke from being in ECW and gave them credibility. Wait till all four have atleast one ECW title reign before they move onto another brand. Without Benoit ECW loses the vet to help train and put over the young guys, but its still a good program and will help them very much.