Oh What A Difference A Year Makes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
Rob Van Dam was sitting on top of the world at this time last year. He just won the WWE Championship in very contraversal fashion and then was handed the ECW Championship. Then July 2nd that all changed. RVD was pulled over and busted with pot and his life would never be the same again. Over the next two nights, RVD was forced to job and drop both world championships. Then RVD was suspended a month. When RVD returned, he was reduced and rarely seen in the main event scene on ECW. RVD spent this One Night Stand wrestling his last match in the WWE. Oh what a difference a year makes. Drop your thoughts.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
You smoke the pot and get caught, your career will be shot

And that's a quote from The Legend Killer 21

MikeRaw

Not much to say...BUt ya.It was a year ago and he was an icon.He was defining ECW and a top guy.Now he has his name in wrestling news everywhere about him leaving and all.He is a great wrestler,cool guy I just dont know what he will do from here....He is still a very talented guy though...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah a year ago the face of ECW, World Champion, things couldnt be better. Now for all intents and purposes out of the company. Sucks to be RVD right about now, but hell be aight.

The Rated R CMStar

How about a year of difference with Elijah Burke. Last year he wasn't even worthy of being called a jobber, and know he is ECW Top Heel.

3lions

Reaction score
RVD must be kicking himself now. RVD was considered to be one of (if not the) most most talented wrestler's to never hold a World Title. Then when he was given the ball, he smoked it all away. He can blame noone but himself. To work all those years to climb to the top of the ladder; and to then get caught smoking pot and fall from grace like that is pathetic. RVD will never recover from that incident and the biggest highlight from his career will always be looked upon with dissappointment.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah, his 5 star career has taken a 5 star frog splash. I'm just laughing at how dumb he is for getting caught. And I'm laughing even harder at the dumbasses who think he didnt do anything wrong and getting busted with drugs isnt a big deal.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, his 5 star career has taken a 5 star frog splash. I'm just laughing at how dumb he is for getting caught. And I'm laughing even harder at the dumbasses who think he didnt do anything wrong and getting busted with drugs isnt a big deal.

I don't think it would've been as big a deal if he had've been caught with like a gram as opposed to 18.

In the law there is a vast difference between being caught carrying a gram and carrying 18+

Defiant One

Reaction score
He wouldve went down as a great and he may very well still, but this incident definitely tarnishes he legacy. He may possibly rebound but he wont get any higher (no pun intended) than the WWE Title at least in my eyes.

Reaction score
not much that can say that hasn't already been said...he has no one to blame but himself...

Old Skool

Banned
Reaction score
Now He Is Off To TNA Where I Bet They Have No Clue What To Do With Him Whatsoever And Now He Is Going To Take A Topspot There And Hold The Younger Guys Down *Cough* WCW *Cough*

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have my doubts as to whether or nt he'll sign with TNA.

WWE did very well by him on his way out which leads me to believe that they know something we don't.

the dark knight

Now He Is Off To TNA Where I Bet They Have No Clue What To Do With Him Whatsoever And Now He Is Going To Take A Topspot There And Hold The Younger Guys Down *Cough* WCW *Cough*

^^bullshit

a year can change the world. i dont care if RVD smoked shit or not, he could still wrestle. he could've quit the thing and get back. no big deal.

talking about a year, i still remember that a short time ago, triple H was the champ. now look whoz the champ....

Reaction score
I agree with TDK HHH was the Main Champion during WM21 but now for 2-3 years he hasn't won it once. RVD is a great wrestler imo but after all them years then getting caught with pot it's really his fault