Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

^ I know, I was saying why put music on a superstar when you could use the songs already on SVR for your CAWs like the ballet music and those other ones lol.

seX-Power

Candice looks pretty screwed up in that picture. She got a really high overall so the WWE must really be serious with her and this is an indication. 3 points less than Phoenix, what a joke? Umaga looks pretty badass as always.

the dark knight

blackcyborg: Has manual targetting been put back into the game?

Cory Ledesma: There is no manual targeting in the game. However, we have put in an awesome system which I like to call a semi-auto target system. This system is auto, but can be also controlled in-game to target whoever you want. We have redesigned this brand new targeting system from the ground up. I think it is near flawless because it is extremely accurate and super easy to use.
there goes another one of my favorite matches....

seriously, anybody else tried 3 on 1 handicap matches on hard or legend difficulty last year? its almost impossible to win. you cant attack any douche unless he attacks first....fuckin Blue.

at least last year's game looked very good on paper. this one's lookin quite average...i wonder how bad its gonna suck.

edit-

rey got 70 fr strength? LOL

The Rated R CMStar

I don't like the model they have for Batista this year. Batista has buzz haircut, make him like that damn it.

I want to see how much improvement CAW has gotten, because quite frankly, I will need a good CAW to use CAF.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Roster is alright for now. There better be like -5 superstars at the most.

Kassidy

Reaction score
there goes another one of my favorite matches....

seriously, anybody else tried 3 on 1 handicap matches on hard or legend difficulty last year? its almost impossible to win. you cant attack any douche unless he attacks first....fuckin Blue.

at least last year's game looked very good on paper. this one's lookin quite average...i wonder how bad its gonna suck.

edit-

rey got 70 fr strength? LOL

this game looks great on paper to, with RTW, CAF, and Tag team. I know I am going to enjoy it, and I have played 3 - 1 matches and i found it easy to win. and if you read more the rebuilt the targeting system so now what ever direction ur attacking you will target the person in that direction.

the dark knight

are there still people who care about graphics? oh wait...there's still people who watch wrestling for wrestling.

edit-

this game looks great on paper to, with RTW, CAF, and Tag team. I know I am going to enjoy it, and I have played 3 - 1 matches and i found it easy to win. and if you read more the rebuilt the targeting system so now what ever direction ur attacking you will target the person in that direction.
CAF is the only thing interesting so far........RTW without a unique storyline for a caw= epic fail. seriously, what are you gonna do with your created wrestlers?

and 3 on 1+svr08+hard/legend= not easy...i spend most of the time trying to target the other guy and fail.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
are there still people who care about graphics? oh wait...there's still people who watch wrestling for wrestling.

edit-

CAF is the only thing interesting so far........RTW without a unique storyline for a caw= epic fail. seriously, what are you gonna do with your created wrestlers?

and 3 on 1+svr08+hard/legend= not easy...i spend most of the time trying to target the other guy and fail.

100% Agree here

Thats what I been trying to say the whole time...Hopefully there some way to use the CAW...

Kassidy

Reaction score

edit-

Well RTW wont fail, and they will have something for the CAWs thats one of the highest points in the game and they know it so how about you wait for more details to be released because there is another mode they have not announced that every superstar can take part in and it was in one of the first previews.

kassidy said:
IGN: Well, I know as awesome as that is, getting specific sometimes can -- it makes a lot of work for you guys, and it can kind of limit it in a sense. Is there only a set number of people who can go through a storyline or can I still bring in my created wrestler?

Ledesma: For this Road to Wrestlemania mode, there is a set number of Superstars that we'll have in the mode. However, another mode that we're not discussing yet will be able to support a bunch more options for the players that like to have the free rein, the multiple decisions to use created elements in that mode, but we'll discuss it at a later point. Road to Wrestlemania mode: we just wanted to deliver a mode that offered very high quality stories, and some people might look at it like it's limiting us, but on the contrary, it's actually giving us more freedom. It's allowing us to develop much better stories because we're focused around one character. Those much better stories give us the opportunities to branch the stories a lot more, and also it gives us ability to go ahead and try some new things now as far as decision making, as far as multiple endings. It's giving us a lot more options of what we can do in the stories, so I actually think we're going to deliver the highest quality stories we've ever delivered in this mode. Sure you might not be able to play with, you know, some of the lower talent of the WWE roster, but you'll be able to play with a lot of the top talent. You'll experience triple-A quality stories, and not only that but gameplay within those stories because we're doing a lot of storytelling through gameplay as well.

As for the 3 on 1, like i said i have no problem winning it under 8 mins if you want ill take a vid for you and i only play on legend difficulty since they put it in years ago.

Nation

So far 40 superstars have been confirmed. Many have been confirmed by the loading screen in the smackdown countdown videos. They are.

RAW:
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Candice
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Hardcore Holly
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Lance Cade
Mickie James
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels

Smackdown:
Edge
Jesse
Festus
Jeff Hardy
Jimmy Wayne Yang
Maria
Mr.Kennedy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Undertaker
Triple H
Umaga

ECW:
Chavo Guerrero
Elijah Burke
Finlay
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Miz
Tommy Dreamer

Hometown Kid

So far 40 superstars have been confirmed. Many have been confirmed by the loading screen in the smackdown countdown videos. They are.

RAW:
Batista
Beth Phoenix
Candice
Chris Jericho
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Hardcore Holly
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Lance Cade
Mickie James
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels

Smackdown:
Edge
Jesse
Festus
Jeff Hardy
Jimmy Wayne Yang
Maria
Mr.Kennedy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Undertaker
Triple H
Umaga

ECW:
Chavo Guerrero
Elijah Burke
Finlay
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Miz
Tommy Dreamer

That is awesome! I'm very happy he's in the game...overall the roster from that looks good too :)

Nation

Just in case anyone want's proof of Burke being in.

SVR09.jpg

Vaan1221

Reaction score
Hmm... Looks good, I just hope the story mode isn't overcomed by GM Mode like the last 2 games were...