Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Rey,Finlay,Miz,Morrison,Ric Flair,Matt Hardy, and Chuck Palumbo are going to WCW. Ashley,Batista,Cena,JBL,Jillian and Paul London to SD. Maria,Jeff Hardy,Triple H,Umaga,Carlito, and The Great Khali to RAW. Finally Super Crazy,Kelly Kelly,Jesse & Festus to ECW.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Mainly for me

WCW-Me,Undertaker,Triple H,Jericho,Punk,and HBK

Raw-Matt Hardy,Edge,Miz and Morrsion,and Carlito.

ECW-Jeff Hardy and Priceless.

Smackdown-Kane,Cryme Tyme,Randy Orton,and JBL.

Nation

Updated champions

WWE Champion:Randy Orton
World Heavyweight Champion:Chris Jericho
WCW Champion:Edge
ECW Champion:Mr.Kennedy
Intercontential Champion:CM Punk
United States Champion:MVP
World Tag Team Champions:priceless
WWE Tag Team Champions:Londrick
Crusierweight Champion:Evan Bourne
Women's Champion:Melina
Hardcore Champion(It's in Dreamer has the belt):Tazz

xtremebadass

Is there a complete list of (1) the unlockable superstars and (2) the Downloadable superstars?

Nation

So far the only confirmed downloadable superstars are Ted DiBiase,Evan Bourne,Super Crazy, and Charlie Haas. Hawkins & Ryder,Snistky,Boogeyman,Vince McMahon,Tazz,Jillian, and Layla are all unlockable superstars.

xtremebadass

DAMNIT!!!!

Not even online? WTF, oh well, this game still looks awesome this year.

Vandy316

Reaction score
like i have said before, my oldest brother works at Movie Gallery so he can get games before they r officially released and he got me SVR today. I only played it for about an hour before i went to basketball so i couldnt really adventure through all the matches and new features.

CAW
But i did create a wrestler and they did very little to improve on that feature from last year. I find it harder to choose what clothes u want for ur entrance and in-ring. Also I found out that if you put any type of Symbol on ur wrestler you cannot play with him Online which i find really dumb. I even created a finisher and you really cant create anything too impossible but u can get close.

RTW:
I also started the Road to WrestleMania and there are 5 different storylines u can choose from. U can choose CM Punk's (I chose this and hes in ECW still), John Cena, HHH, Taker, or Batista and Rey in Co-op. As you may tell you cannot use your created wrestler in this years storymode which i find a big downside because i havent figured out how to improve his skills.

The Music:
They added entrance music (maybe everyones, not sure) to this years playlist along with other music. There was only one song that i heard that i actually heard before but cant think of the name.

Highlight Reel: I never did get to do this but im hoping that you can create your own titantron video.

J

like i have said before, my oldest brother works at Movie Gallery so he can get games before they r officially released and he got me SVR today. I only played it for about an hour before i went to basketball so i couldnt really adventure through all the matches and new features.

CAW
But i did create a wrestler and they did very little to improve on that feature from last year. I find it harder to choose what clothes u want for ur entrance and in-ring. Also I found out that if you put any type of Symbol on ur wrestler you cannot play with him Online which i find really dumb. I even created a finisher and you really cant create anything too impossible but u can get close.

RTW:
I also started the Road to WrestleMania and there are 5 different storylines u can choose from. U can choose CM Punk's (I chose this and hes in ECW still), John Cena, HHH, Taker, or Batista and Rey in Co-op. As you may tell you cannot use your created wrestler in this years storymode which i find a big downside because i havent figured out how to improve his skills.

The Music:
They added entrance music (maybe everyones, not sure) to this years playlist along with other music. There was only one song that i heard that i actually heard before but cant think of the name.

Highlight Reel: I never did get to do this but im hoping that you can create your own titantron video.

Was like that last year. I was pissed at first. But realized if we had all the tattoo's on our guys it would most likely lag really bad. So I guess it's all for the best.

The Rated R CMStar

I'll buy this game tomorrow.

Yeah, somehow, it's already being sold in my country. I think it's either a mistake, or a hoax.

Meh, anyways, it will only be 4 bucks

the dark knight

really? PS2? Upgrade already :)
really? sdtv? upgrade already :)

and why am i leaning towards the ps2 version of NFS undercover?..right.

anyway, ps2 version's released in here and ps3's wont be before tuesday....which sucks dick since i wont be having my laptop starting from sunday. svr should keep me busy till i get it back.

should i just get ps2's? whats the difference other than that replay mode thing?

phantomgerald

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 review

Anyone tried it. I just got mine for the PSP and I was kind of disappointed. You can play only 7 characters in storymode, and it only lasts from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. Man, it feels like a lack of effort on their part. What do those of you who've tried it think?