*Official WWE One Night Stand Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Yes the opening finish was kinda lame because nobody thinks he hit the pavement...It was a shocking ME to say the least all I can say is 1 of 2 scenarios for Taker...

1) WWE Draft- The last pick for RAW is..."Deadman Walkin" Big Evil comes out on a motorcycle
or
2) Royal Rumble- Who's #30 JR!? "Deadman Walkin" Big Evil comes out on a motorcycle...

noumenon

One Night Stand...definately one of WWE's best PPV's in recent memory. I'm seriously dubbing this PPV "NIGHT OF THE RING STEPS" since they came into play in every fucking match..lol.

Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga....really didn't care for this one at all. It was basically 10 minutes of Umaga walking around and banging Hardy's head off whatever he passed. Hardy couldn't figure out how to work the fucking fire extinguisher. Umaga stood there...looked at him like...uuuhhh...WTF? Ended in another unseen Hardy Swanton..........QUICK MOVE THE MATS BEFORE THE CAMERAS PAN AROUND!!!

Singapore Cane.... pretty decent match, could have had a bit more crazy spots in it though. The predictable finish with Big Show seeing his own blood...RAAAHHH Big Show mad....the end.

Melina vs. Beth Pheonix....I actually REALLY enjoyed this match. I can't remember when we've last seen a womens match of that calibur from WWE. Great job on both of their parts.

JBL vs. Cena... eehhh.... it was alright for what it was. I really didn't care for the finish though. I dunno...if you get choked for 2 seconds and start heaving up blood, might be something that warrants a checkup. (In a funny note while I was watching it someone of course had to make the gay comment. I of course protested their statement...then felt like an asshole when JBL tied up Cena and broke out a whip......)

HBK vs. Batista.... again, I actually really enjoyed this match. Both guys looked good. I really enjoyed the finish, really well executed match. "I don't love you and I'm not sorry". Two things the match could have done without..... Y2J....what the fuck was up with that?!? "CMON LET'S GO SHAWN!!! GET UP CMON!!! SHOW EM WHAT YER MADE OF!!!" I hate to say it but I was almost hoping he'd catch a Batista Bomb or some shit...lol. That and HBK kinda of homo-erotically tugging down the tights of Batista. The camera angle they caught on that one was priceless.

Orton vs HHH.... We all know how this one went down. Shame because it really was a great match while it was going. To me it seemed more like a dislocated shoulder than a broken collar bone... when they showed Orton's back he had a weird protrusion right under where your shoulder blade would normally sit...which I'm guessing was his shoulder. Anyone else catch Orton take a swing at that fan? It honestly seemed legit to me. The guy jumped back and everyone got in Orton's way...I dunno.

Undertaker vs. Edge.... of course a great fuckin match. IMO though, a lot of the spots were extremely sloppy. Edge restacking the tables and then repositioning the ladder for the bump when all he needed to to was climb the ladder???? And UT positioning the ladder about 8 feet off center to take that big 4 table bump...lmao. There were a few others but I'll have to rewatch to catch them again.

AND AS SOMEONE ELSE SAID.............ORTON AND TAKER ARE OUT FOR THE MOMENT!!!!! START PUSHING!!!!!!!

Hometown Kid

Or it could, you know, NOT be a comeback of Big Evil. That could also happen. :shifty:

We've already got Chuck Palumbo.

Oh yes I forgot to mention the part where CP gets fired from the company because he's well Chuck Palumbo...and as far as Big Evil goes...Deadman Taker introduced a MMA style submission the Gogoplata a few months before he was "banished" and Big Evil Taker used like armbars and russian leg sweeps and MMA style moves...coincidence?:clap:

noumenon

Well, I had heard Taker was a bit against going back to the "Deadman" gimmick. However, with the response he's recieved from reviving it I really don't see him going back to the far less successful American Badass... Big Evil...whatever you wanna call it.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well, I had heard Taker was a bit against going back to the "Deadman" gimmick. However, with the response he's recieved from reviving it I really don't see him going back to the far less successful American Badass... Big Evil...whatever you wanna call it.
Agreed. The "American badass" type of viewer no longer exists, as far as i'm concerned. How many people do you know are still into the whole chopper culture? If it was more than 10% of the population, Chuck Palumbo would be main eventing.

noumenon

There will be some form of loophole...some flaw in the contract....some smoke machines...a lightning bolt and tada....Undertaker

darren1455

Reaction score
I only watched half of the TLC Match and never saw the other matches.
Oh well, there is a replay tonight.

PS. I leave in the Philippines if your confused. it is shown live here and for free. :p

Airfixx

JBL vs. Cena... eehhh.... it was alright for what it was. I really didn't care for the finish though. I dunno...if you get choked for 2 seconds and start heaving up blood, might be something that warrants a checkup. (In a funny note while I was watching it someone of course had to make the gay comment. I of course protested their statement...then felt like an asshole when JBL tied up Cena and broke out a whip......)

Hahaha... Nice... (Spews food on keyboard thru laughter tho')...

As for JBLs blood... I thought the idea was that he'd smacked his mouth on the chain (which was already on the floor) when Cena FU'd him.

How fuckin' annoying was the ref in that match though? Head-lock: Ref checks for blood.... Cena get irish whipped into the corner: ref checks for blood.... JBL mops his own brow for sweat: Ref checks for blood.... ARRRRRRRRGGHHHH... Let the fuckin' wrestlers follow their moves up!

Still haven't seen the Edge/Taker match, but otherwise, yup, a cool PPV even if I'd rather not see 100% gimmick matches all on one night....

Biggest disspointment for me was Jeff/Umaga. I had this down to be a bit of a showstealer myself - Falls count anywhere has Jeff's name written all over it + Umaga's looked great of late. But the ending was shit.... Both men would be dead from those falls. (There's a fairly simple rule for these kinds of spots, IMO.... If you can't pull it off on camera then don't do it.) That said, it was already hopeless by then...

Jeff ruined the fire-extinguisher shot and as for that spot on the stairway where Jeff slid the banister..... "Innovative!" Says King..... For fucks sake, I think every 4 year old does that shit at some point when their mum drags them out on a shopping trip! Those few events aside you're left with a couple of ring entrances.

The ECW match was fun, but if it wasn't for Big Show and the 'all against the giant' approach of the match... I'd have been "Meh" x 100... "Men hitting each other with sticks that break all the time... zzzzz"...

Beth V Melina... Good stuff. Was getting kinda late by then and started to dose in the middle, but damn that hold that finally won it for Beth looked so painful... Surely even a suitably trained athlete isn't quite meant to bend THAT much!?!?!?!

Batista/HBK was MUCH better than I expected.... It was a rare occasion where I've felt any more emotion from a Batista match than that beyond "Big muscly Batista want win match, ugg... must get title."... Obviously HBK was there (match with a broom etc.) and his selling was just fuckin' awesome (he looked utterly destroyed!), but thought 'Big Dave' was good and the ending was great. Agreed Jericho coulda done with the powerbomb for his troubles though (LOL) even if Batista was more then happy to see HBK fall off the stretcher to prolong the beatings.

I think all involved deserve major props for their parts in this Batista/HBK/Y2J story...

HHH/Orton... Finally gave in and went to bed mid-match... I get the impression I missed a minute or two max. before the injury and early-finish.

Orton doesn't have much luck does he? ....Cena's injury prevented him beating Cena for the title (i.e. Orton title reign Plan A) and now what was presumably to be the penultimate match in a fued that had come full circle over 7/8 months (i.e. Orton title reign: Plan B), injury prevents us from seeing a the intended conclusion.

So, no Orton, no Regal, JBL losing too much to currently be worthy of a title shot (kayfaybe). ...Damn; Raw needs this draft more than SD does now!!!

MC Rae

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the TLC match. A tad slow at the starts but it picked up and there were some good spots. NEVER expected it to finish like that, I would have put a ton of money on Edge winning, so that was a big suprise. I'm interested to see what's going to happen now.

The Last Man Standing was good, or at least it was going good until they had to opt for an early finish. it was a nasty fall though, I could tell by reading Orton's lips he was hurt, 'FUCK'. I hope the injury doesn't keep Orton out too long because he has been one of the most entertaining parts of WWE recently.

The opener was okay between Jeff and Umaga, not up to my expectations mind. The ECW match was pulled off well and was a fun watch and I thought the stretcher match was solid ("I don't love you and I'm NOT sorry" haha), HBK is the God of selling. Even the divas match was entertaining, some impressive submissions and just good to watch.

Overall it was just a fun PPV, can't complain with it being a freebee in the UK!

bigstinger101

Reaction score
I would like to start off saying that the ending of first match was rediculous. after the swonton the stood there with his hand on his forehead untill the camera moved into place to show hardy perfectly on top of umaga and then counted the 3. after the match is over you can clearly see the two foot think padded mat right under the truck. the way i see things if they wanted to stage the ending of what I thought was going to be one of the best matches of the night, they could have done somthing indoors such as the one he did to Orton on raw a couple weeks before his susspension. It looked a lot better.

overall ONS was not bad however it was not what i expected.
it really sucks Randy got hurt because that was turning out to be a real good match. the only other complaint i have is what ever happened to having to load the stretcher in to the ambulance.
and why why why in the hell did undertaker move that ladder at the end. i was so upset over that because that whole match just seemed so rehersed and the quality of the match was brought down by that at and all of the interference which i had already expected. Taker wouldnt even of been able to reach for the belt from that distance