Official WM29 announcement tomorrow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie sent out press advisories this afternoon for a press conference tomorrow at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.

The conference will be, as we mentioned last week here on PWInsider.com, the official announcement that Wrestlemania 29 will take place at the outdoor stadium in April 2013.
All of the Wrestlemania festivities will take place in New Jersey as well, with the plan being for the IZOD Center to house both AXXESS and the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. There were initial plans to have the other events in NYC but negotiations with New Jersey officials led to WWE holding everything in The Garden State.

The Wrestlemania announcement was originally set for today but was pushed back a day.

According to wikipedia, the official capacity of the stadium is 82,566. Just got to hope it's not going to be a cold night next April.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Gutted, my dream of going to Mania seems to be over for a while as I was going to save for 30 if it was in New York but I doubt that now.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hope it rains or snows, so i can laugh at them for killing the MSG tradition.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
They could still do MSG for WM 30 :side:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE has announced that MetLife Stadium will play host to WrestleMania next year.

"For the first time, The Show of Shows is headed to New Jersey, as MetLife Stadium, home to the Super Bowl XLVI Champion New York Giants, as well as the New York Jets, will host WrestleMania XXIX on Sunday, April 7, 2013," WWE.com states.

WrestleMania Week activities, including WrestleMania Axxess, the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Raw will take place across the New York/New Jersey area in the days leading up to the pay-per-view extravaganza.

An official press conference is scheduled for Thursday at 11:00 a.m. at MetLife Stadium, where Vince McMahon will be joined by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, New York Giants President & CEO John Mara, New York Jets Owner & CEO Woody Johnson, and a slew of WWE Superstars, including John Cena, Triple H and Sheamus. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is scheduled for a "special appearance."
Might try catch the press conference, coule be interesting.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I won't be watching the press conference.

Dademo

Reaction score
Damn, if I was still intro wrestling I would definitely look into getting tix for this and meeting up with some members perhaps.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Hate the idea of having this WM close to New York simply because WM 30 will be in Madison Square Garden just like WM 1, 10, and 20.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Why would The Rock be doing the press conference if people are saying that "he's leaving after WM28"?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cause his presence will also bring up this wrestlemania and having him around will drum up more publicity. Dunno I could see him hosting again next year but as far as ring stuff I dont see it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Possible rematch with Cena?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So unnecessary.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE will be hoping that the weather is nice to them again, pretty game going for yet another outdoor stadium rather than finding some massive stadiums that have a roof.

Smart move to have The Rock there at the announcement. It is a great time to promote WM28 as well so it would be a bad business move if they didn't have The Rock there.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The official logo for Wrestlemania 29 in 2013 was released this evening by WWE, showcasing the event logo before the visage of the Empire State Building. The logo also showcases the initials for New York and New Jersey, which may be a sign that some of the Mania events could migrate to NYC after all:

AlvQ0RFCAAAgXGP.jpg

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They may as well run some events in NY, they are close enough plus NY is a huge market so they can make plenty of money there and get lots of exposure.