Official "UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens and "UFC 95: Sanchez vs. Stevenson"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin

Reaction score
434px-UFCFN17.jpg

UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens
February 07, 2009
Sun Dome, Florida

UFCFN01.jpg

UFN02.jpg

UFN03.jpg

UFC04.jpg

Poster Unavailable at present time

UFC 95: Sanchez vs. Stevenson
February 21, 2009
02 Arena, London

ufc95.jpg

ufc952.jpg

ufc953.jpg

ufc931.jpg

xtremebadass

Thnx for making this bro I really appreciate it. Good call making it a double thread so there's not two low post threads and 1 high post thread, makes the section looks better. Once again good call.

I admire Koscheck, he fights very frequently and takes a match at anytime they want him. He produces too, it's not like he sucks every so often, he is one of my favs now.

How can UFC sell a PPV Sanchez vs. Stephens alone? Well, then again it is an overseas PPV.

LOL at Matt Riddle being on the PPV. Non televised though.

xtremebadass

Does anyone else find it funny how the overseas events aren't that great? UFC 93 wasn't really anything special and I don't know how they can main event a show with Sanchez vs. Stevenson, sure I love both of those fighters, but that's more of a co-main event.

Wrestling Station

maybe because the big shots are afraid from riding airplanes for so many hours :p

But seriously, yes I noticed that several times when they go overseas, but sometimes they had great cards. Maybe coincidence?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it funny how the overseas events aren't that great?
But seriously, yes I noticed that several times when they go overseas, but sometimes they had great cards. Maybe coincidence?

The fact that the UFC overseas events aren't making out to be a success is by the fact that our Time Zones between us and overseas are WAY far apart in hours. I don't think that anybody is gonna watch a UFC event around 4 PM on a weekend when people are out planning to go places these days.

FACT: UFC 93 aired live on the U.S. around the afternoon

McLovin

Reaction score
UFC 70 and 75 were pretty good. In my opinion it's mainly not as exciting, because lesser known fighters are put on the cards, especially up and coming British fighters. If a British fighter won a belt, then that would seriously change the portrayal of British fighters and events here in the UK by the UFC.

Anyone watch Fight Night? Any good fights? I've just finished putting it onto dsic, will watch now if I know its worth it.

MTG

Reaction score
Fight night was pretty good i suggest watching some of the fights
to me the best one was Danzing vs Josh Neer, you should watch the Cain velazquez fight it was pretty good and the Main Event was good.

And the reason the oversees events have lower tier fighters is because its not on live tv and its free. Kinda sucks for the people attending the event.

BTW has anyone ever attended a live UFC event?

xtremebadass

Only fight I saw on Fight Night was the Danzig fight, then got pissed he lost so I turned it off. I wasn't too thrilled because the fight was amazing and thought Danzig had that wrapped up.

MTG

Reaction score
Predictions for UFC 95

Joe Stevenson vs Diego Sanchez
Diegos first fight at 155. I honestly think this should be a really good match but alot of people seem to be coutning Stevenson out. I personally both of these guys are awesome fighters and the fight could really go either way. They match up really well against each other but i'd give the edge standing to Stevenson but Diego has a substantial size advantage and thats the thing that would give him the advantage on the ground, he might be too strong for Stevenson to handle and if Sanchez is able to mount him and Ground and pound i think he would win it. The one factor that i see being a huge advantage to Stevenson is his cardio, the longer the fight goes the better for Joe Daddy. This is a really crucial fight for both of these guys. Stevenson is coming off a loss to Kenny Florian at ufc 91 so he's looking to get back in the win column and Sanchez needs to start his 155 tenure with a win. This fight can go either way in my opinion but ill say:
Joe Stevenson by TKO in the 3rd round

Dan Hardy vs Rory Markham
Hardy has won 9 out of his last 10 with his only loss coming by DQ. And he won his UFC debut by split decision vs Akihiri Ghono at ufc 89. Markharm hasn't fought since July though where he KO'ed brody farber with a brutal headkick. Markham is a very dangerous fighter on his feet with most of his fights ending by KO but he has also proven that he has a pretty good ground game. Standing i give the edge to Markham but on the ground Hardy takes it. Overall Hardys the more complete fighter.
Gonna be a good fight this one but i give it to:
Dan Hardy by Submission in the 2nd Round

Wilson Gouveia vs Nate Marquardt
Gouveias fresh off a TKO victory in december whereas Nates last fight was at ufc 88. This is a huge fight for both of these guys. They need to establish themselves in the MW division. Gouveai really needs to prove that he can beat a legit competitor hes only won against pretty shit fighters. Nate on the other hand to me is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. Marquardt is a very complete fighter and thats gonna be difficult for Gouveia to handle but gouveia has very strong jiu jitsu. Either way wherever this fight goes both of these fighters can compete. I give the nod to:
Nate Marquardt by Unanimous decision

Demian Maia vs Chael Sonnen
9-0 Demian Maia's first true test inside the octagon and this should be an amazing fight. Maia in my opinion is going to one day be the top P4P fighter in the ufc. Hes a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and all four of his wins in the UFC have come by submission. He probably has one of the best chokes in all of MMA. The only problem for him is his average standup, Sonnen has great standup and the only chance he has in my opinion is if he keeps the fight standing. Though i have no doubt Maia will be able to take the fight to the ground. Overall:
Demian Maia by Submission in the 2nd Round along with submission of the night Honors :)

Josh Koscheck vs Paulo Thiago
This is a really weird matchup for Koscheck he just came of a brutal KO and now they give him some random new guy (not ripping on Thiago). Haven't seen much of Paulo but apparently he has pretty good submissions. The one advantage i'd give him in this fight is the fact that Kos said that he hasn't watched any videos of him. Koschecks standup has been improving sooooo much lately and i think he'll test Thiago on his feet.
Josh Koscheck by TKO in the 3rd Round

xtremebadass

I didn't catch UFC 95. What happened? Tell me Koscheck won!

J

Koscheck was screwed. It pissed me off as I like Koscheck too. He was no where near out he was fucking pulling a gaurd when the ref jumped down on him to start the fight. There was 2 or 3 fights that looked like they were ended too quickly.

xtremebadass

Koscheck knocked out? WTF DUDE! I'm glad I didn't watch that crap! I got to see what else happened.

Wordlife

^dude I forgot to tell you that happened lol

I ordered that ppv and was mighty pissed at it, cause he was the only reason why I ordered it

MTG

Reaction score
How did u order it? it was on free tv :p

but anyways some good fucking fights. I really recommend watching the Sanchez stevenson fight it was awesome. And some really good KO's that you should check out.