Official "UFC 112: Invincible" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
rbma8x.jpg

UFC 112 Comes to you live from Abu Dhabi at Ferrari World...

2ug0xex.jpg

wtc5xc.jpg

[YT]1qrKo62M-8o[/YT]

Main Card:
Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Demian Maia
Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn (c) vs. Frankie Edgar
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie
Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz

Preliminary Card:
Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis
Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Brad Blackburn
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Matt Veach​

I am still bummed it isn't Silva vs. Belfort, but it should be something to see with this event outdoors at that monster of a venue.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I didn't watch it but I read what happened. I don't want to spoil anything if you guys haven't watched or read what happened at UFC 112.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I watched it, so i guess ill wait till tonight when everyone else has to talk as well

Reaction score
I seen it.. dissapointed in the Blowjob Pennis fight. Anderson Silva should had knocked him out or submitted him.. he just toyed around the whole fight, pointless. Didnt really like this UFC tbh.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I loved watching bj get out boxed and I liked the other fights on the card I was only disappointed by Silva being a dbag for 5 rounds

Switchy

Reaction score
I still can't decide, was it a bad BJ Penn or a good Frankie Edgar last night? I mean not taking away from Edgar's win but Penn really didn't look himself last night. I mean watch the Florian and Sanchez matches and see the difference. I know Edgar is a completely different opponent and all but surely that couldn't have affected Penn's own performance that much. Maybe Penn had gotten lazy again or he was carrying an injury but who knows.

Anyway congrats to Edgar who did what no man has done for a long time at 155lb. Who do you guys think is next for him? Maynard? Florian? I think that this loss for Penn gives UFC a great chance to book Penn/Gomi. I mean yeah, Gomi was shit against Florian but this fight would be sorta like Hughes/Gracie last night. 2 legends going at it to see who is the better man.

As for Silva, despite him being my favourite fighter I seriously don't understand why he did what he did. It wasn't even like he was punishing Maia through all five rounds either which would have been a bit more understandable. The first 2 rounds were entertaining but after all of that talk to Maia, telling him to 'bring it on' etc, surely Silva should go for the KO to prove his point. There is no taking away from Silva's abilities as a fighter but I just don't understand what was going through his mind in those last couple of rounds.

Now Dana says Silva doesn't deserve to fight GSP so Silva is gonna have to win his next fight (Belfort or Sonnen I'd imagine) in an impressive manner if he really wants that fight with GSP.

Kassidy

Reaction score
The thing BJ has been fighting guys that stand toe to toe with him and guys usually bigger than him, last night he fought a guy faster,smaller, and who was a more technical boxer than anyone BJ has faced. Bj did look out of shape compared to his last two fights and where they were could have effected bj's cardio and I am sure BJ will make a excuse like he always does, he can't ever just give someone props and say you beat me.

Rest of the card was good. i loved the gaiter roll by Davis wit 5 secs left, that was a nasty anaconda choke.

Switchy

Reaction score
That fight could've gone either way but the one judge giving 50-45 was crazy, I dunno what fight he was watching.

Btw, Matt Hughes is still awesome but full credit to Renzo, he put up a better fight than Royce and is pretty damn tough for a 40 year-old (but he's still no Couture).

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I would be embarrassed if I were Anderson Silva. I don't care if you don't think Maia didn't respect you. You disrespected Maia so now you are no better than he is. I think Silva is going to get booed more and more from now on because, for one, he is unstoppable, and two, his tactics at UFC 112. Anybody that starts to get beyond good at something they do they start to get hated, and I believe it is Anderson Silva's turn.

That Frankie Edgar decision had me baffled. Just a total slap into reality that BJ Penn isn't up there with GSP or Anderson Silva.