Official "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

Vera got robbed that was a boring match. Couture just kept hugging vera. Glad this was free.

xtremebadass

Swick deserves the belt way more than Hardy. Hardy only had to win 3 fights while Swick had 9 wins. Swick has never gotten a title shot and this dumbass walks right in and gets a shot at GSP? UNFAIR.

Wordlife

^Can't agree any more man... totally unfair, Swick busted his ass... and Hardy swoops in for bullshit

Reaction score
Swick deserves the belt way more than Hardy.
Hardy looked really good against Swick and he picked up the win. So if you don't mind could you explain to me how in the hell Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy?

Hardy only had to win 3 fights while Swick had 9 wins.
Except that 5 of Swick's wins mean absolutely nothing when it comes to who should get a shot at the welterweight title, since they came at middleweight. So Swick has 4 wins at welterweight in the UFC and Dan Hardy has 4 wins at welterweight in the UFC, with one of those wins coming against Swick. So again, explain to me how Swick deserves a title shot more than Hardy.

Swick has never gotten a title shot and this dumbass walks right in and gets a shot at GSP? UNFAIR.
Is it really unfair, or is it completely fair and you just don't like Hardy so you're making up a bunch of stupid reasons as to why it's unfair?

^Can't agree any more man... totally unfair, Swick busted his ass... and Hardy swoops in for bullshit
How did Swick bust his ass anymore than Hardy? And what's this he swooped in bullshit? Hardy's been in mma since 2004, and in the UFC he has just as many wins as Swick in the welterweight division. He's not some guy that just debuted last night and picked up a win and now gets a title shot. He's been working his way up the ladder just like Swick, and should now get a title shot before him.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
The captain needs a job application to a grocery store to be the meat packer, pause.

Alexander Gustafsson KO was the best thing last night.

rofl, you kidding me? I understand he's old, but shit.. he can still keep up with the younger guys. He's amazing.

xtremebadass

Hardy looked really good against Swick and he picked up the win. So if you don't mind could you explain to me how in the hell Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy?

Except that 5 of Swick's wins mean absolutely nothing when it comes to who should get a shot at the welterweight title, since they came at middleweight. So Swick has 4 wins at welterweight in the UFC and Dan Hardy has 4 wins at welterweight in the UFC, with one of those wins coming against Swick. So again, explain to me how Swick deserves a title shot more than Hardy.

Is it really unfair, or is it completely fair and you just don't like Hardy so you're making up a bunch of stupid reasons as to why it's unfair?

How did Swick bust his ass anymore than Hardy? And what's this he swooped in bullshit? Hardy's been in mma since 2004, and in the UFC he has just as many wins as Swick in the welterweight division. He's not some guy that just debuted last night and picked up a win and now gets a title shot. He's been working his way up the ladder just like Swick, and should now get a title shot before him.

LOL why are you like all aggressive with us? We call it how we see it. I will now call you IWF's BIGGEST DAN HARDY FAN

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Sorry, that names already mine :p

Great performance by Dan though, he isn't gonna beat GSP but stranger things have happened and he's flying the flag for England now. Hopefully I can save enough money to go to Vegas and se the fight live.

But I gotta say, Hardy has done a great job in the UFC. People said Gono would beat him, Hardy won. People said Markham would KO him and Hardy won and people said Davis would kill Hardy and Hardy won and he just beat Swick as the underdog too so I gotta give him a huge amount of credit (biased credit, but it's still credit :p) for earning the title shot.

Feels like ages since I been around here posting so hi guys :D

xtremebadass

iHola! Switch Master General

SWITCHY GO PLAY MMA TIPSTERS!!!

Reaction score
LOL why are you like all aggressive with us?
LOL Why am I aggressive? It's a fucking forum. My goal when posting is to create discussion, and picking on people's posts is one of the best ways to do that. This forum would be a lot better if more people were willing to engage in debates. What's sad is that I have around 250 posts and I have probably had more debates than people with over 3000 posts.

We call it how we see it.
Which is exactly what I do. I see a post I disagree with, I state my opinion and explain why I disagree with it. Is there something wrong with that?

I will now call you IWF's BIGGEST DAN HARDY FAN
I'm not a Dan Hardy fan or a Mike Swick hater. I really don't care about either fighter actually. I just thought there was absolutely no logic to anything you guys said. So maybe you could actually reply to my post and back up what you originally said.

xtremebadass

LOL Why am I aggressive? It's a fucking forum. My goal when posting is to create discussion, and picking on people's posts is one of the best ways to do that. This forum would be a lot better if more people were willing to engage in debates. What's sad is that I have around 250 posts and I have probably had more debates than people with over 3000 posts.
Now that's just being full of yourself...have you met Monkeystyle?

I'm not a Dan Hardy fan or a Mike Swick hater. I really don't care about either fighter actually. I just thought there was absolutely no logic to anything you guys said. So maybe you could actually reply to my post and back up what you originally said.
I would back up my statements with what I originally said. It's completely logical, you just disagree. Swick has been in the UFC for a long time, has racked up big wins, just got set back with injuries. It's a shame someone like Dan Hardy just waltzes in and just gets three wins for a title shot when someone like Swick works his ass off and never gets what is coming to him.

Reaction score
Now that's just being full of yourself...have you met Monkeystyle?
How is it being full of myself? It's the truth. I've been in more debates than most of the posters around here that have been around for a long time. Are there exceptions? Sure. I see guys like airfixx, two scoops, and cmstar in quite a few debates. But for the most part I see posters with high post counts that add a 1 sentence post that goes along with what everyone else in the thread said, and it really adds nothing in the way of discussion.

I would back up my statements with what I originally said. It's completely logical, you just disagree. Swick has been in the UFC for a long time, has racked up big wins, just got set back with injuries.
You do realize that Swick just moved to the welterweight division, right? Which makes all of his previous wins at middleweight meaningless when it comes to getting a shot at the welterweight belt.

It's a shame someone like Dan Hardy just waltzes in and just gets three wins for a title shot when someone like Swick works his ass off and never gets what is coming to him.
Lets take a step back and remember what the original argument is. It's that you believe Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy. Ok so now that we remember what we are discussing, explain to me how Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy when he just lost to him? I'll answer that for you, he doesn't. We aren't discussing whether or not Hardy is the most deserving fighter out there, just between him and Swick. Swick might have been around for a long time and worked his ass off, but at the end of the day wins are what earn you title shots, and since Hardy beat Swick, I don't see any logical reason as to why Swick deserves the title shot over Hardy.

xtremebadass

How is it being full of myself? It's the truth. I've been in more debates than most of the posters around here that have been around for a long time. Are there exceptions? Sure. I see guys like airfixx, two scoops, and cmstar in quite a few debates. But for the most part I see posters with high post counts that add a 1 sentence post that goes along with what everyone else in the thread said, and it really adds nothing in the way of discussion.
You think members with high post counts haven't gotten into debates? How long have you been here anyway to make that sort of assumption?

You do realize that Swick just moved to the welterweight division, right? Which makes all of his previous wins at middleweight meaningless when it comes to getting a shot at the welterweight belt.
I am well aware of Swick's career, he is one of the fighters I follow. He is a few fighters that I actually care about when it comes to WW and MW.

Lets take a step back and remember what the original argument is. It's that you believe Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy. Ok so now that we remember what we are discussing, explain to me how Swick deserves a title shot over Hardy when he just lost to him? I'll answer that for you, he doesn't. We aren't discussing whether or not Hardy is the most deserving fighter out there, just between him and Swick. Swick might have been around for a long time and worked his ass off, but at the end of the day wins are what earn you title shots, and since Hardy beat Swick, I don't see any logical reason as to why Swick deserves the title shot over Hardy.
If you are just looking at this fight, then sure. There is no arguing who won the fight, I am just saying Swick has a much more deserving track record than Hardy.