Official "UFC 100" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

-July 11th, 2009-

UFC celebrates their 100th PPV with UFC 100 LIVE! from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV! This event is headlined by 2 major title fights and two coaches of the Ultimate Fighter colliding. This event has been sold out for months!

[YT]FVE3HotLUZg[/YT]

ufc100poster.jpg

OFFICIAL CARD:

World Heavyweight Championship
UNIFICATION MATCH
World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir

World Welterweight Championship
World Welterweight Champion Georges "Rush" St-Pierre vs. Thiago "Pitbull" Alves

The Ultimate Fighter: Team US vs. Team UK Coaches Collide
Dan "Hendo" Henderson vs. Michael "The Count" Bisping

John Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher

UNDERCARD:

Mark Coleman Vs. Stephan Bonnar

Mac Danzig Vs. Jim Miller

Jon Jones Vs. Jake O'Brien

Dong Hyun Kim Vs. Jonathan Goulet

CB Dollaway Vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Grice Vs. Shannon Gugerty​

Wordlife

Lesnar will win, hopefully... and expect one HELL OF A MATCH from GSP! Plus I'm really looking forward to Coleman and Bonnar too

MikeRaw

You have no clue how pumped I am for this PPV. Both GSP and Brock in action. Both should be pretty good fights, too.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
THIAGO ALVES FOR THE UPSET!!! As much as I think GSP IS the best welterweight in the UFC, I can't stand the guy at all, mainly becuase most of the fellow MMA fans that I'm friends with ride GSP's dick all the time. I'm praying that Alves catches GSP by TKO for the win so I can fuck with those GSP fans.

Lesnar vs Mir prediction will be posted later, It's hard to choose the winner of this one for me.

xtremebadass

A champion is only as good as his title defenses, not title wins. If Lesnar could keep hold of his belt he will then have to be recognized as one of the greats in the game and silence those haters.

Wrestling Station

A champion is only as good as his title defenses, not title wins. If Lesnar could keep hold of his belt he will then have to be recognized as one of the greats in the game and silence those haters.
The thing is, Brock is not defending his title against an ordinary guy. Its a huge task and Mir is the most difficult opponent anyone can get.

I hope Brock wins this though.

MTG

Reaction score
The card looks awesome but the only thing i don't understand is why is Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher televised over Coleman/Bonnar?

Wordlife

^EXACTLY THANK YOU!

A match I wanted to see won't be important and is on the under card! It's bullshit

xtremebadass

Not only did I want to see Bonnar's fight over the Belcher fight, but I also wanted to see CB's fight against Tommy Lawlor. I was a huge fan of that season of TUF.

Wordlife

ahhhhhhhhhh yeah! I was also looking forward to that one too... fucking UFC should just make the ppv like 4 hours long or longer, its their 100th ppv for Christ's sake!

Qwake

I think I am going to order this, its a huge event and should be awesome to watch. The last UFC event I booked was when Lesnar won the title which was quite a while ago so seeing his next defence should be awesome. Even if Lesnar loses, it should be good to see how he does this time round against Mir, see if Lesnar has really improved since their last fight which imo he has improved a shitload. Should be good.

I'm still not to familiar with all of the fighters but I know that GSP is fucking awesome so I'm hyped for his fight too.

James Deuce

Reaction score
You'll probably get to see Bonner in action, they will show the fight if one of the main fights ends early or something, so it's not entirely out of the question. Brock/Mir II should be great. The only reason Brock lost in the first one was because they had to stand up, which I think Steve should have let them be on the ground for a tad longer. Lesnar has a huge advantage, as much as Mir says he has different tricks for Lesnar, I doubt it. Lesnar knows exactly what Mir wants to do, which is obviously go to the ground. Lesnar will have to Liddell it and use his wrestling to keep it standing. If he can do what he did against Couture, I can see Lesnar taking it.

xtremebadass

Lesnar will stand up and bang with Frank Mir and totally lay him out like he did Heath Herring. Just one hit with those bowling ball like fists and Brock will knock Frank right on his ASS!