Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I dont know, the game kinda looks a little weird, especially the gameplay...I guess I'll wait for it to come out before I give my full opinion

The graphics are pretty good though

Oh, btw...any chance of this game comming out sometime this century????

Reaction score
SOURCE:prowrestlingscoops

We've got an update on TNA's upcoming videogame, which is currently scheduled for a Spring 2008 release and will be available for PS2, PS3, XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

- The game is currently 60% complete

- Midway Games is going all out to make this game realistic. Several TNA wrestlers have had their faces and bodies scanned to make the character models as accurate as possible. Motion capture technogoly is being used as well. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Sunjay Dutt and Senshi have been working with game developers by dressing up in special suits tagged with motion sensors.

- During one of the motion-capture sessions, Sunjay Dutt was actually hospitalized after taking a nasty fall. Dutt told GameTap, "I was trying a Sliced Bread off the top rope and landed sideways on my head and neck. I guess I learned the hard way about all the pain that goes into developing these games."

- More than 20 TNA superstars will be playable. The characters will be fully customizable - players will be able to modify the characters move sets, wrestling styles and ring attire.

- Career Mode will be a big part of the game. Making crucial decisions and teaming up with the right factions will affect what storylines players will experience

- Hiring a manager during Career Mode to train your wrestler via mini-games will allow allow you to build abilities, unlock new moves and enhance your appearance.

- The game will feature compete in online tournaments. Other online game modes include Tag Team bouts, Ultimate X, King Of The Mountain, Fatal Four-ways and more.

Markz

Reaction score
They really have put alot of effort into this, it will be a breath of fresh air from the sloppy Sd Vs RAW 2008.

Kassidy

Reaction score
wow

looked ok but moves are way to overdone imo, some of them look great like the flip over ddt but the sell on the dropkick over the rope and the kick from joe is way to over done and looks Blue imo again, w/e im deff renting this when it comes out but not buying it until after i play it.

PeepShow

^Yeah, the dropkick looks so sold....lol. But the season mode in this game cant at all be worse than SvR's season mode. I havent seen a wrestling game with a worse season mode than that one....

therazar

Reaction score
did you see how far Jarret flew from AJ's dropkick they should tone it down and have him go into the ropes instead flying over like that but i am excited about having a new wrestling series the only bad thing is the season mode looking at it you'll have to earn your rank by competing in indy events which has been done before by wwe and it always sucks

PeepShow

Wrestlezone said:
On www.play.com, they have a release date for TNA iMPACT! on the wii, xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 for 6/27.

Damn, I thought it was out in the spring. Guess Ill have to wait for Summer. Oh well, still cant wait!

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Hopefully there is a be the booker mode, the game looks great and I might pick it up.

CT Styles

I've never seen an ep of TNA and I still want it. (We don't get it in aus)

dstebbins

Reaction score
I'm worried for the TNA game.

The game has an estimated release date of Q2 2008 (cite. That's only a few months away, and most of the time, when a game gets so close to its estimated release date without an exact release date being given, that's a good sign that it's going to get pushed back again!

Discuss.

PeepShow

No, talk about this in the actual game thread. The official date has been announced.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Then why doesn't Gamespot, the Internet's largest video game website, show it?

chessarmy

I dont think the game looks that good tbh...but I guess its too early to tell. I'm probably gonna pick it up anyway