Official TNA Final Resolution Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
tna_fin_res_640x360-_mr2.jpg

Matches annouced:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Daniels vs champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

THREE DEGREES OF PAIN
Desmond Wolfe vs. Kurt Angle

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
Bobby Lashley vs. Scott Steiner

CHALLENGE MATCH
Raven & Dr. Stevie vs. Mick Foley & Abyss

TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Mtoro City Machine Guns vs. champions British Invasion

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
Tara vs. champion ODB

FEAST OR FIRED MATCH
"One TNA Superstar will be fired from the company"
Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, Kevin Nash, Eric Young and Sheik Bashir vs. Kiyoshi, Homicide, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed and Cody Deaner

8 MAN ELIMINATION
Team 3D, Rhino and Jesse Neal vs, Pope, Matt Morgan, Hernandez and Suicide

[YT]6Cp6moTLfFA&feature=player_embedded[/YT]​

Hometown Kid

Yay, the Guns are on the poster! :happybday: There is not a lot to say yet. I actually like the concept of FF, I love seemingly random elements in wrestling. it could use a little tweaking though. I would totally mark if Burke got the World Title case.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, the Feast or Fired concept could use a little tweaking. They don't play it off as important or just gets put ont he back burner. The idea of it though is cool how you not only get a World title shot, but X-division as wel as tag.... oh and gettting fired.

Qwake

I haven't really seen anything good come from this Feast or Fired Match, it usually ruins careers. They fired Daniels and he became Curryman, they got Petey Williams and Scott Steiner involved which brought out Little Petey Pump, also the briefcases are never really hyped as important, Hernandez carried his around for ages and didn't really get much of a boost from it. Let's hope this years different and Kip James actually gets fired or something.

The other matches should be interesting...

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Cards starting to shape up pretty good. Daniels vs Styles should be great. Tara vs ODB should be good. She's running on some pretty good momentem since Turning Point. Where they hell has Joe been though?

Angle vs Wolfe I'm sure will be on the card as well. No mention of whos going to be in feast of fired yet so so far it's starting to look like last year.

chessarmy

^ I don't think they announce the feast or fired participants for some reason. They just use the guys that weren't on the card.

I hope they actually give Red an X-Title defense, I have a bad feeling they'll randomly stick him in the feast or fired match just top get him on the card

Airfixx

Wow... It's ghost-town vibes in the TNA section these days isn't it!

AJ/Daniels, Kurt/Wolfe, Tara/ODB & BI/MCMFG all look good to me. I will be watching. I guess the elimination tag match & ForF could go 'either way'.

...They really haven't got to go too far to out-do this months WWE PPV.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I just hope they aren't going to pull out a swerve and have Dinero turn on his team. Leave the guy face, the fans love him, they want to cheer him, LET THEM!!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Daniels vs champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

THREE DEGREES OF PAIN

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

CHALLENGE MATCH

TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Mtoro City Machine Guns vs. champions British Invasion

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
Tara vs. champion ODB

FEAST OR FIRED MATCH
"One TNA Superstar will be fired from the company"
Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, Kevin Nash, Eric Young and Sheik Bashir vs. Kiyoshi, Homicide, Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed and Cody Deaner

8 MAN ELIMINATION

I'm confused on the Feast or Fired match. I thought it was every man for himself but TNA's site has it as a tag match. So if it is everyman for himself...

Deaner:Fired
Homicide: X-division
Creed: Tag, but doesn't pick Lethal as his partner
Nash: World title, but someone pays him off for his case. Either that or someone from Beer Money gets the World title case.

chessarmy

I sent this to one of my buddies who has a TNA blog. Its predictions, but with a twist, basically its who I'd book to win. Check it out:

Daniels vs "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (c)

The match itself has taken a back seat to all this Mick Foley/Jeff Jarret/Dixie Carter garbage. Its unfortunate but true, even though the match is for the World Title, it lacks hype and I’m not sure how many people even know its on the card. Either way, I think it could be a MOTY candidate, both workers know each other so well, if TNA gives them the right amount of time, they could tear the house down.

Who should win: AJ Styles

THREE DEGREES OF PAIN

This feud has been amazing from beginning to end, I honestly would rather see a normal match to end it, but the 3 Stages of Hell style match definitely won’t disappoint. If I was booking, I’m not sure who I’d give the “W” to. Considering Kurt Angle is getting a title shot next month, it would make perfect sense to give him the victory here. However, I really like Desmond Wolf so it’ll be a hard decision. In a way, the 3 stages of hell stipulation is going to work here, because if Angle wins in 3 matches, you could make the argument that Desmond Wolfe was skilled enough to at least pin the Olympic Gold Medalist once.

Who should win: Kurt Angle

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Why is this feud still going on…and on…and on? Steiner sucks, plain and simple. I love his promos, but in the ring, he’s a broken down man who needs to think about retiring. I’m sure this has been said over a thousand times by many different people on the interwebz, so I guess there was no point in repeating it. Lashley should win, and move on to bigger and better things.

Who should win: Bobby Lashley

CHALLENGE MATCH

This is another one of those feuds that should have ended a looooong time ago. If you think about it, Abyss has been feuding with Dr. Stevie since Slammiversary. That was 6 months ago!! I think Dr. Stevie/Raven will end up getting the win, they’ll run an angle where Foley is too distracted mentally by all this Hogan crap, that he’ll end up costing Abyss the match and maybe turning heel in the process. If I was booking however, I’d do something simple. Abyss/Foley win, they celebrate in the ring, and the feud ENDS.

Who should win: Abyss/Foley

TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Motor City Machine Guns vs. the British Invasion (c)

Final Resolution should be the PPV where the Guns finally win the tag belts. Its been waaaaaay too long since they’ve been in the title picture, they’ve put on so many memorable matches, they are an amazing tag team that deserves at least one reign with the straps. The Brits have held the titles since Bound For Glory, its time for a changing of the guard in the tag division. Give the belts to The Motor City Machine Guns, for the love of god!

Who should win: The Motor City Machine Guns (I forgive you Shelley, for asking for 5K for a fuckin interview!)

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
Tara vs. ODB (c)

With Roxxi returning on iMPACT!, it would be great to see her inserted into the Knockout Title picture. But I guess they need to build her up first, until then, they should give the belt to Tara. ODB is a terrible champion, she’s done nothing with the belt, and I’ve been waiting for someone to beat her for it since she won the damn thing.

Who should win: Tara

FEAST OR FIRED MATCH
One TNA Superstar will be fired from the company

This will be a clusterfuck, there’s like 24087 guys in the match. I hope they actually reveal whats in the case at the PPV instead of making us wait for iMPACT! Isn’t that why people pay 30 bucks for the damn show? To see the outcomes of storylines and feuds? We shouldn’t have to wait for the free TV show to see what the cases contain. I can’t make a prediction for this, because I don’t know who all the competitors will be. All I can say is, I think either Kiyoshi or Homicide will end up with the Fired case. Beer Money will probably get the Tag Title shots, and Samoa Joe SHOULD get the World Title shot.

Who should win: N/A

8 MAN ELIMINATION

The heels have had waaay too much of an advantage so far in this feud. They’ve won every match, they’ve done everything to make the fans think the young stars just aren’t in their league. Because of this, Morgan’s team MUST get the victory at Final Resolution. If they don’t, they’ll look like a bunch of jobbers, they might even be buried. We suffered through this type of booking with the MEM storyline, please TNA, don’t make us do it again.

Who should win: “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, and Suicide.

Hometown Kid

Another awesome PPV with solid undercard matches and 2 stellar main events, to cap the show.

Bashir gets fired? Why did TNA lowball his contract like that? I guess Cody Deaner lives on. >_> Awesome that Joe got the World title shot. I don't know where they're going with that but hopefully it's not campy or some bullshit like they pulled with Hernandez.

Angle/Wolfe and AJ/Daniels both tore the house down, that's what wrestling should be. Now lets just work on making AJ a bigger deal on the show.

Everything else was good as well and for the most part the right guys won all the matches. (Besides The Guns loss!!! :n: :n:) And The Pope taking the fall so soon.

Oh yeah, mystery attacker? >_>

Overall 8.5/10

Montana

I agree, solid PPV outing by TNA. The only thing i really didn't get was why Kurt Angle beat Desmond Wolfe. I understand WOlfe is the new kid on the block, but does this mean Kurt Angle is sticking around TNA?

Im not sure if im sold on Samoa Joe as a tweener. TNA kinda dropped the ball with his heel run.

Reaction score
The Hometown Kid actually knows what he's talking about. Hell yeah, someone around here with some sense.

Wolfe vs Angle 2 was insane. The finish was great. Kurt beat Wolfe's ass but Wolfe still came out looking good because he almost beat Kurt out of the cage.