Official Smackdown! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great One

ashame hes getting better at age 41.
Um... Batista is only 38, not 41.

Anyways, I think the only reason I watch SD when I do is because of MVP the rest is pretty garbage, IMO. Sure Edge is a god, but he has to have an actual decent feud to deliver... the feud makes everything involved just stale and fucking BORING. Who cares about Batista and Edge, this feud sucks ass, how can the WWE not see that. I don't see what the fuck they have against Matt Hardy... he gets the loudest pops next to Flair/Batista nowadays, he should get his shot. Same with Finlay, who is pretty much doing nothing, when he's an awesome wrestler.

Anyone else notice all the multibranded shows lately... could they be planning something? Or should I say bringing back something...

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^^Bringing back something? hmmmm not sure exactly what G1 is talking bout but I have an idea. To me i've said this before and I'll say it again Matt Hardy is the only reason I watch SD. Edge is great but his feud with Batista is garbage, the CWs arent allowed to properly show what they can do (with the exception being yesterday's SD), no tag division. Hardy is at the top as far as pops go, his matches are always good, he has charisma, his biggest flaw is his mic skills, but they arent as bad as some people make them out to be. If Matt and Edge were feuding we'd at least be getting some great matches out of it which is more than I can say for Batista and Edge together.

Great One

Oh, I watch for Matt too, but I usually miss him becaues he's SO FUCKING LOW ON THE CARD.

It sickens me people like Batista are put over him in the main event nowadays... *sigh* SD really went to shit. And to be honest, it's mostly the main event (like ALWAYS), but the main event is the biggest part of the show... hence "main event".

Defiant One

Reaction score
I think its crap every week they have Matt either first or second on the card, and then guys like Batista, Henry, and soon to be Khali higher on the card, or in the mainevent. I will say this SD probally is the best pure wrestling show WWE has, but the mainevent scene ruins it. If they gave the CWs more time, allowing them to show what they can do, developed a tag team division, utilized Matt Hardy, Finlay, and Kane better, drop Khali, and keep Batista out of the mainevent then SD would improve dramatically. Of course all of these things are unlikely to happen at least all at once, but still heres to hoping.

Truth

Reaction score
SD has the best midcard out of all the brands hence why there first hour is always sick. But the ME is almost never good and its gonna be hard to change that since in teh draft the got NO main eventers and pretty much nothing to help them. Really though SD pulls out those good midcard matches and still will when they go back to one brand matches. This ECW and SD were interpromtional because of the Benoit thing and they wanted to treat us.

Great One

But you can't build a 2 hour brand off of MIDCARD (or lowcard). You always need a good (or even solid) main event, which SD has lacked for YEARS.

Rated R Superstar!

Reaction score
Smackdown Is Terrible Atm after losing Kennedy ,King Booker , London and Kendrick and Not Really Gaining any top Superstars apart from Nature Boy But still not good enough for another world title! i went to watch Smackdown! when it was at earls Court was a great night But Edge Needs a new challeneger for the world title as the whole batista thing is getting boring now some1 like matt hardy or Finalay Deserve a Shot!

Sery2

Reaction score
I agrree Finlay should get a shot(but not win). Finlay and edge could have a good fued. Edge and matt hardy on the same show again. WOW!!!! they could have Another fued!!!

Defiant One

Reaction score
They're still plenty of good feuds for Edge to have. Finlay, Kane, Matt Hardy, Mysterio, and maybe Flair. The problem is we pretty much know none of them will win the title.

LKP

Which is wrong of us to think in a way. I mean whos to say wwe cant push kane agian? Why not ok hes a bit stale but a couple of wins over henry and khali athen edge can make him a monster again. Ok flair might just get a one of title shot and bam wins it. He then should lose it later on in the night or the next week on s.down. I know ratings will go up for it. Mr hardy could get a push but a world title now no. But whos to say he cant fued with edge over the title and just not win it. Remember guys you aint got to wint he title in a FEUD.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Oh yeah I agree, Matt getting a WHT shot will help him in the future to win it. All im saying is we pretty much know Edge will hold the belt until Taker returns. With all that being said we still should get some pretty good matches once batista drops out of the mainevent.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I personally think that Kane should go back with the mask look.
But Edge really needs other feuds then Batista.

I agree, Kane was the True Monster of Professional Wrestling when had the Masked look, and I prefer the look from 2002-2003. But I think a feud between him and Edge could well if they have good Gimmick Matches unlike last time...

Montana

The Mask is going to bring him anything special. If he did, it would get stale in 3 months. I've seen tihs happen a few times in wrestling, its best to just keep moving on.

As far as Smackdown, i was pretty impressed. Not sure what it was, but this was a very entertaining show.

Action: 3.25

Some fun matchups, MVP vs Matt Hardy, Flair vs Finlay. Plumbo vs kenny Entertaining, clear winners. Even matchups. Good Booking

Promos 3.0

Cutting Edge, MVP, Khali vs Batista

Entertainment 4.5

Like i said, fun even matchups, Good promo segments. I like how they set up Khali and Batista and very glad they didnt drag it out like 3 months. That fued might be a little better than we think. Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio are coming back, and Chuck Plumbo with a new gimmick is back. Kenny Dystka and Chris Masters look pretty good on SD. All in all, there wasn't much fast forwarding on this show.

Overall: 3.5

Nothing spectular, but better than average. I really like how the show was produced and put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.