Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

^^agreed.

they will never be able to make something half as good as HCTP...svr08's season mode MIGHT be a lil more entertaining, but teh matches are going to bore the fuck out of you just like the last 3 games did!

Reaction score
I dont have much to say besides the only remedy would be to amp up the difficulty and lower the damage settings. Hopefully that makes the match last longer, unlike last years. I remember in last years I would have it on legend difficulty and the damage settings so I hardly could damage the opponent and I still won at that 3 min mark.
I do have the SvR08 demo and once you get the hang of things, its basically the same deal as last year.
Well at least we have options this year. Fire Pro or TNA anyone?

Reaction score
It said in that review stroll up to any of the 60+ goons or divas I thought there where only like 50+ in the roster this year? also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwunU4yxY4

this is that unlockables vid that was shown a few pages ago I only just noticed but mr mcmahon is show as unlockable character but on ign the roster bit it says nothing about him being unlockable in it?
maybe they are holding a few people back?
and you must be able to unlock him because it has his overall as 88 and it says hes classed as a showman and if its true lol at him being supposedly better than henry/khali/MVP/burke etc
also it has JBL as unlockable but I read while back that he would be in it but as non playable character in a suit

Reaction score
Yeah I think they are holding back on the roster details. Mcmahons and JBL as unlockables cool but I think OXM might have included the non playable npc's there.

Well here is some new info and screens. 24/7 mode with Ric Flair and Rick Rude and Roddy Piper from the Wii version.
24/7 Mode with Ric Flair
rickrude.jpg

...And a special shout out to Vince from the same magazine. Maybe a alternate attire?
Untitled-2.png

-I think they are gonna be having more alternate attires this year. Unless the different attires are only available on other systems aka Yellow trunks CM Punk in the DS and Red trunks in the others.

Kassidy

Reaction score
watching a video of all the moves in svr 08 they renamed all rvds moves to ecw move, there is the ECW diving kick, ecw monkey flip

The Rated R CMStar

Seeing all the videos and previews, I must say King of the Ring and Beat the Clock Sprint are more than interesting. 24/7 at least looks better than SvR07's Season Mode as well as the GM part of it. Also that they have in The Hardys and Rated RKO.

I am dissapointed about Edge's model. Why do they keep putting them that hair? And reading that screen, it's too bad that they haven't fixed the fact that you takea chair shot and get back inmediately

Reaction score
ye its not very realistic but then again if I kept getting hit by a chair in a extreme rules match or something and kept staying down for like 3mins at a time I would get bored pretty quick
I wonder if you can play as mcmahon in the 24/7 mode with a KMAC storyline lol

The Rated R CMStar

But maybe not to that extreme, but it SvR you hitted him with a chair or even the steel steps he got up inmediately. Maybe not 3 minutes, but at least 10 seconds

This Guy

thats like $50 Canadian, and its only going to be $39.99 for the PS2 according to the flyer I got at my store.....I'd say your being ripped....then again from my experince you guys always pay too much for games in Europe.

PeepShow

I assume its going to be 60 for the PS3? I bet it is. And if it is, Im renting it. :)