Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J

I've won Money in the bank...but thats cuase i snuck it after everyone one else was knocked out...but it took like an hour...

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
It is rumored that Benoits moves taunts and animations will be removed from the game for this year. Just thought to let you know.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Oh well, there's plenty of other moves than the corssface and diving headbutt. If I want to use cutthroat taunt i'll just use 'Takers. Anybody got any news on the 24/7 mode, that's mostly all I wanna hear about in SVR08 atm 'cause I know just about everything else now. I hear 24/7 builds you (if you're a CAW) from arookie to a hall of famer and that's all I know.

Kassidy

Reaction score
any move that has to do with choking is banned and in wwe for real it needs to be aproved by managment

Switchy

Reaction score
That sucks, 'cause Ialways give my CAW the triangle choke which kinda does it's fair share of damage but with te circumstances I guess it has to be done. Benoit did 1 hell of a lot of damage in every aspect of wrestling now that I think about it.

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea, some moves like the triangle might be ok, sleeper is fine, WWE just doesnt want media jumping on them for move that "choke" people.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
For 24/7 mode, each superstar (created or not) will have their own objectives/missions to accomplish to reach legendary status, this could be anything I don't know yet. I hope this piece of info explains a little.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^KK.
I heard it's Season and GM combined, does that mean your a gm as well eventually?

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
im unsure, It wouldn't make sense to me one minute trying to be a legend then switching to a GM. Well SD vs RAW 08 for Wii wont have 24/7 mode.

Switchy

Reaction score
I know it doesn't make sense but i'm just talking from what i've heard that it is combining GM mode and Season mode so there is no need ffor both

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
No, im not slagging you or saying u dont make sense, I meant THQ are not making sense putting these both together.

Anyway I have more information;

"In 24/7 Mode, there will be injuries that can affect how much damage the player’s Superstar has already sustained prior going into a match. This adds a new strategy as players must now take into account the physical toll that that WWE Superstars place on their bodies by merely stepping into the ring. If the player elects to play as a General Manager, injuries will play a more significant role as Superstars can end up on the shelf for weeks at a time, providing players with a true simulation experience."

from http://www.cinemablend.com/games/CB-Games-Exclusive-Interview-Smackdown-Vs-Raw-2008-4671.html