Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

James69667

Reaction score
Is this game even going to undergo development? From what I hear this year's SD vs Raw series was the last - unless they are planning on furthering the series onto PS3.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Royal Rumble live would be really good, but only if there are more then 6 people allowed in the ring. An online fed would be nice too, online championships etc... Create a character > Get Drafted to the online SD or Raw community > Earn title shots > Win Championships.

KassidyX

Reaction score
they are still caring out plans to do svr 08.

paladin

Reaction score
The only thing that got me mad was the faces for foleys. Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack. Couldn't they have just put Mick Foley then put those 3 attires in shopzone? Right there would save 3 slots for superstars. I agree with Taker regarding being able to go backstage and fight. Like in a Hardcore match, I feel so limited. Either I pin in the ring, in the little crowd area or outside the ring.

circle

Reaction score
I would be happy if...

1. Updated rosters
2. Better story line
3. Having Michael Cole, Coach, and any other announcer that has annoyed me in the last few years as playable characters so I can put them in the buried alive match, tlc, hardcore, or whatever match. This way I can pound them like crazy! aka NO Mercy for the N64

King_Ash

Reaction score
Does anyone ever make it look like a real match? Instead of you dominating the entier thing you let them beat you up a bit.

KassidyX

Reaction score
Well i play on legend and still beat the crap out of the A.I. , nothing you can do about having a realistic match, I am just hoping they make the ai smarter

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
ill be happy with SD vs. Raw 08 if they do these things:

1. Smarter A.I.
2. Less gltiches
3. Less loading
4. BETTER SEASON MODE. How hard can it be to take HCTP's season mode and use it?
5. Improve the matches
6. improve the GM Mode
7. Improve weapons
8. Incldude ECW and the Tag Team Fricken Champions London and Kendrick!

Not too much to ask for is it?

Reaction score
I Would be a little More Happy if :

1. Smarter AI
2. Less Loading
3. No Manager mode its the most boring thing ever
4.Better Season Mode For Example, CAW's star as rookies in tough enough or heat and special storylines for each wrestler.
5. Make sure the roster isnt so back dated
6. Better Caw real clothes like THP8 kind of thing
7. More wepons
8. Better entrances
9.Make when people win titles there celebration is relative to the superstar

Alot more but i cant be botherd to go on​

Reaction score
One thing I mentioned last time, on the ol' IWF...

Make EVERYTHING your wrestler does affect the status of your wrestler (face/tweener/heel). Not just your backstage promos, but the way you wrestle your matches. If your face, and you continuously wrestle slow, dull and boring matches, have the crowd's liking for you decrease. As it decreases, have the ability to push your character into a heel status, or face status, thus changing how the crowd reacts and your storylines/title shots etc. Also attacking other faces/heels should affect your status during matches. If you decide to attack your tag team partner, then have the computer (which will have MUCH better AI) help, and as they pin you, you can remain outside the ring (having their other partner not trying to stop you). These sorta things seem far fetched, but would make the game sooooo much better!

oneofakind

Reaction score
Thought of something big that they need to do. They need to improve online play, not all the features and stuff but they need to fix the whole latency problem with it. I dont like pushing grapple and then a second later doing it. Its hard as hell to reverse stuff like that.

DX2007

Reaction score
More Hot Spots
Less Load times
More & Better Backstage areas to fight in
A updated roster for once please
Longer season mode
Could care less for GM mode
Better Weapons (ones that don't just disapear after a few strikes)
More options for Created SuperStars.
Updated Online play
Better Fighting A.I. (mostly for tag team matches)
And finaly (for now anyway) Better Voice Acting from the SuperStars.
There is alot more to cover, but I'm sure some one else will mention it later.

KingABz99

Reaction score
one thing i want is FIRE! there should be some kind object in a hardcore match that you can set on fire like a table or a barbed wire bat.
Talking of hardcore...the blood should be better. The stain on the ring shouldnt just DISAPPEAR.
And there should be differant varieties of moves you cando on 2 stacked tables. in O7 you can only superplex someone through them...YAWN!

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
Does anyone ever make it look like a real match? Instead of you dominating the entier thing you let them beat you up a bit.

Thats not fun, I mean I let them get up while theyre on the floor or out the ring and even taunt them. So I give them plenty of chances, they just are too predictable to counter most of the times.

oneofakind

Reaction score
^^^ turn it on legend then go to options and turn all the AI up to full and see how predicting they are.