Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
hopefully this is the end of nexus. raw was ok... remember like 5 months ago when i said tamina was gonna turn on santino and cost him and kozlov the belts against the uso's? looks like it'll happen sooner than later now. noticed punk was wearing domino's shirt on the last ovw(the episode he said he was gonna strip barellas girlfriend down to her bra and panties) this sheamus king of the ring deal is bullshit, booker had the exact same gimmick only a billion times better a few years ago.
Good call on the Tamina thing as that is looking really possible. Half way expecting though half way expecting her to break away from the uso's at the same time.

Nitemare

Reaction score
Dude that covered his dark match with Goldust last week called him a Morgan look alike last week. To me he looks more like a giant version of Rob Conway.

Yeah, we saw him beat the shit out of Goldust during the dark match before Raw in Orlando a few weeks ago. His two handed chokeslam is pretty decent. For a big guy he moves well.

Reminds me very much of Test.

As for the topic of Nexus - Otunga could be just as over as Barrett if given the chance. This SHOULD end with all of Nexus turning on Barrett. It would intensify him as a heel, and let the rest of them get out of the shadow of Nexus and gain some ground as face's. In a match, I think Otunga would stomp a mud hole in Barrett and walk it dry.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Highlight of the night was Cole eating an RKO, the "WWE Universe" has been waiting years for something like that to happen to Cole.

Who was the guy with Tyson Kidd? I thought maybe he was Eli Cottonwood but with shorter hair and better balance.

Nitemare

Reaction score
See posts above you. His name is Jackson Andrews.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
That's an awful ringname! I thought Daniel Bryan was bad, but Jackson Andrews? Oi vey.

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score
Raw was pretty bad. The lack of decent, lenghty wrestling just sort of killed it.

The Cena storyline is just dreadful. Even by wrestling standards there are tons of logic gaps. It's so rubbish it makes me wish for more Paul Bearer mannequins.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Source: eWrestlingNews

A Divas battle royal has been announced for Monday's three-hour Slammy Awards edition of RAW. The show takes place in New Orleans.

The winner of the match will be WWE's "Diva of the Year". Divas from both the RAW and SmackDown! will compete.

The only other thing being advertised for RAW right now is David Otunga giving Wade Barrett an ultimatum to "re-hire" John Cena or be exiled from Nexus.

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score
"Diva of the YEAR" being decided in one match on one night is laughably stupid.

Hope Barrett tells the Shit Factor where to stick it. It'd be a nice acid test for Barrett to see how he stands on his own for a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Watching this episode now, besides Orton & Punk, it's been very uninteresting so far. The firing angle seems to be facepalm material to be honest, and Nexus would be just another bunch of bumbling idiots without Barrett. I'm seeing the backstage segment where they're discussing Cena's assault on them and he's the only one that has some kind of presence.

Get him away from those people. They're a bad influence.

EDIT: Just got to the end, and turns out they did. Thank god. Useless buggers. Best part of the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Another 3 hour raw tonight. :no:

its like one every 2 weeks.

SAL

Reaction score
Um. Guys? We like wrestling, don't we? Why are we upset about getting an extra hour of wrestling? Did I miss a memo about this or something?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Like I said last week I serious think USA wants Raw to go 3 hours every week which would be a terrible thing to do.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Um. Guys? We like wrestling, don't we? Why are we upset about getting an extra hour of wrestling? Did I miss a memo about this or something?
I think it's the fact that instead of using the 3 hours to it's full extent use the extra time just to waste time. Not to the WCW extent but still.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
USA doesnt want RAW to go 3 hours every week at all! In fact, when WWE tried to get so many 3 -hour specials, USA was all up and arms. they almost didnt get this many.

USA is spending more money adding an extra hour to RAW. They also have to push back all other shows that usually come on at the time it covers, sell out certasin commercials that were in the spots, etc. It's a ton of shit to go through.

The Nicker

Reaction score
I think this is really awesome that they are doing another 3-hour Raw. They need to continue doing this like once a month or something, even though that's kind of what they're doing anyways.

As far as the Slammy's go, McIntire better win one. That's all I gotta' say.