Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I do like the Swagger/Ziggler/Vickie feud and I love what they have done with Air Boom as the tag team champions but I still don't think that enough time is given to the midcard. Someone like Alex Riley was on fire after beating The Miz and then suddenly there is no room for him on RAW. The fact that Drew McIntyre is only used on Superstars is crazy as well. If they cut ten minutes of talking and gave that to building some more midcarders I would be happy.

I like what is happening over at Smackdown because they use more of their wrestlers and they show a lot more wrestling on the show. I like what they have done with Rhodes/Orton so far, other than Orton beating Rhodes clean after kicking out of Cross Rhodes. They have had them attack each other over the space of a month or two and it has carried over to RAW as well. Plus this is only just the beginning and fingers crossed it leads to a mainevent push for Rhodes.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How would you break down Raw then, Troy?

You need at least 20 minutes of Triple H promos, Alberto Del Rio gets his 20 minutes of bragging, John Cena gets his 20 minutes of promos, gettin' beat down only to come back, CM Punk gets 10 minutes himself to drop pipe bombs and maybe wrestle, midcarders get about 10-15 minutes all together and well Awesome Truth gets what is left.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would open with a ten minute promo segment rather than a thirty minute one. That is enough time for the maineventers to come out and talk to set up important matches and continue storylines. Have another ten minute promo segment in the second hour as well and then a five minute backstage promo as well. I would give the mainevent twenty minutes, tag team title scene fifteen minutes, divas ten minutes, twenty minutes for two upper midcard feuds and then half an hour for all the other midcard feuds. That makes two hours.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So where do you put Triple H's 20 minutes of promos? He's not just going to let you book him out of that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He can use up the opening and middle ten minute promos or just be in the background of everything else.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think the great thing about the Vickie stable thing is that it pretty much opens the show up for either other heels to join it with her to be in on the story and helps make the U.S title more apart of the show as well as the tag titles. So it's a lot in one situation that can be done which is why I think it works. Drew is a perfect guy tbh to in due time be managed by Vickie. Guy can work and isn't too bad on the mic but he needs someone to get him heat and get him on the show and that is the perfect situation. So I just personally like what they are doing with the tag titles and U.S title and think it can only expand more at this rate.

The Riley situation not quite sure what happened with that but they pretty much made the guy boring as hell after the Miz feud and just thew him out there and said hope to stay over and relevant which he didn't since he had nothing to work with.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I found it strange how they haven't added more wrestlers to the Vickie stable. After Swagger approached her for her mangerial services I had assumed that we would see Vickie picking up a new client every few weeks so that in the end she was managing four or five heel midcarders. Drew McIntyre would be a great addition to that stable and then I would consider Hawkins & Reks as a tag team under her control (that is my assuming that those two are heels). Vickie can be an old school manager where she comes out with each wrestler and doesn't bring all her wrestlers out to other clients matches. I am enjoying the Swagger/Ziggler part of the stable and maybe once Ziggler finally turns heel we will see Vickie adding more wrestlers.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As per Interim RAW General Manager John Laurinaitis, if CM Punk can defeat World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry on Monday's Raw SuperShow, he'll face Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series.

Laurinaitis stated to WWE.com: "After giving this CM Punk situation serious consideration, I've reached a decision. In my deliberations as Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of Raw, I concluded that although Punk is extremely talented, he has lost several matches recently. As a result, I've decided that he must prove he's worthy of a WWE Title opportunity. This Monday night, Punk must compete against World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. If Punk wins, he will face Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. I wish both men a good match."
Been a minute since Henry has lost so will be a nice win for Punk assuming he wins.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Punk will either lose and get another rematch the following week. Or Mark will lose by DQ.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is a WWE Title match it should be the biggest match on the card but The Crock has trumped that. So, yeah let's wait 2 more weeks before they announce such an awesome match for Survivor Series.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wouldn't mind if they made it to where Punk earned his shot by the week before the PPV if they could do it. Hoping they do another instance where he has to kiss ass to get the title shot but Punk obviously ends up being a smart ass about it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Tomorrow is going to be electrifying.:thumbs:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Probably via satellite though lol. Not looking forward to the muppets. Barely cared for them as a kid.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Probably via satellite though lol. Not looking forward to the muppets. Barely cared for them as a kid.

He is in ATL. Spoiled it on twitter and then deleted and changed the tweet minutes later.

As for the Muppets, I'll still mark out for Miz meeting Kermit

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really looking forward to this show. I loved watching the Muppet Show as a kid and I think that Muppets appeal to people of all ages so it is a good choice for hosts especially on Halloween. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Boogeyman will make an appearance, I would mark out if his music started playing.

It would be a pleasant surprise if The Rock was there live. I assumed it would be via satellite.

Should be a good mainevent as well with CM Punk facing Mark Henry. Punk will win after Show distracts Henry therefore setting up Punk vs Del Rio at Survivor Series.

I hope that WWE announce some more matches for Survivor Series and announce some traditional SS matches.