Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I-Bring-It-Via-Satellite.jpg

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well so much for a huge traditional SS match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm sure they will do it but will not be the big one we were expecting. Punk/ADR is gonna happen, HHH/Nash is pretty much set and we just saw Awesome Truth get set against Cena/Rock. Have no need to do another Orton/Cody match but probably wanna keep the feud going so now that this has panned out the way it has on Raw it'll be a Smackdown SS type match prob.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i could see Christian, Swagger, Dolph and two other people vs air boom, ryder, sheamus and ryan

but that is a bit obvious

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Reckon Cody/Orton would be on their respected teams.

Also, Alicia dropping her Nelly-esque music is a TRAVESTY.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that this week's RAW was quite good although there were a few problems with it.

I absolutely hate the thing between Cole and JR though. I don't understand why this is happening again and I don't know why Cole and Lawler can't just call the action and promote the storylines.

Opening segment was good and they are really putting Nash over as a force to be reckoned with. HHH having a seizure and foam coming out of his mouth was bit over the top.

I was happy that Ryder was booked in the mainevent but was frustated by the bait and switch WWE pulled by not having him in the match in the end. It was a good move in a storyline sense though as it gave Truth and Miz more heel heat.

I don't understand why they are pretending that Cena & The Rock vs. Miz and Truth hasn't been booked yet. WWE have announced it everywhere that Rock and Cena will team up at SS so we know he will say yes.

I was very happy that Del Rio vs. Punk is happening for the title. I think that their styles will work well together to produce some good matches.

Wade Barrett vs. John Morrison was really good. I thought it would last a few minutes but it was a good back and forth match and it is nice seeing Barrett get a big win on RAW.

Alicia Fox beating Beth shocked me and I don't know why it happened.

Tag team match was really good as well as it continues a couple of good Smackdown feuds.

I am really looking forward to The Muppets next week should be fun for all as Muppets appeal to all generations.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Compared to the last two weeks, Raw was awesome. Storylines seem to be falling into place once again, maybe I should blame Mexico on that. This is how it was during the Summer so I'm glad it's back on pace. Survivor Series build up will only continue this trend.

Like I said before Awesome Truth was created to feed to The Rock. They must feel great. Alberto Del Rio is still champion so I feel great. WWE is looking promising aside from SmackDown's title situation.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am just happy seeing R-Truth in a big role in WWE. He was a midcarder for so long and who would have thought that changing his gimmick to a slightly crazy conspiracy believer would make him a maineventer. It is a great team and I am glad that they alone get to face Rock and Cena.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Right now Raw is doing a great job having multiple main guys on the show. HHH, Punk, Cena, Del Rio and Awesome Truth. Takes great booking to make 6 guys main clogs of the show and wish Smackdown could do the same.

And 100% agree about the Cole thing they just need to stop trying to put him over and just have him do his job as an announcer. Spends more time trying to get himself over rather than the match he is supposed to be commentating on which is beyond annoying.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With RAW though I wish they pushed the midcard more. I think that they spend too much time on the top stars and don't spend enough time pushing the next generation of stars. Smackdown pushes the midcarders a lot more but as you said their main stars aren't considered as big as the RAW maineventers.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Idk I think Raw isn't doing a bad job at all with their midcard. The Dolph/Swagger/Vickie stuff is pretty decent and Air Boom as a tag team was a great move. They could do more but I think you have to start at the top then work to the bottom and I think that is what WWE is doing. Smackdown on the other hand they just have this repetitive format to their show with little progression. Just is like lets throw these guys into a feud, do some attacks here and there and have a match on PPV and tag matches on the show. They should be doing much much more with Orton/Cody. The Cara/Cara thing is decent and has a good story behind it but I expect a lot better matches from them.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, the Dolph/Swagger stuff has kept the midcard relevant on Raw at least and with the emergence of Zack Ryder it's flowed very well. Of course they should be booking folks like Drew McIntyre to their full extent on top of all of that.