*Official NHL 09 Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I am so pumped up for this game, it will probably be the best hockey game ever made. Here is why:

NHL 09: Developer Commentary MMO Mode part 1

[YT]vAauzmnit5c[/YT]

Part 2:

[YT]PZU7gLqMfHQ[/YT]

Other videos:

[YT]ximsB-fESLU[/YT]

[YT]aqAfnd1LTwU[/YT]

[YT]3pnziSG9nVc[/YT]

[YT]EuTYTIOnCaI[/YT]

[YT]Jj_CClxo-zU[/YT]

Alright, use this thread to discuss NHL 09, I think this is going to be an awesome game and I can't wait for it to come out! I'm getting it on release day.

Discuss!

Michael1

Reaction score
The demo is out for Playstation 3. It's absolutely amazing. I can't wait for the full game to come out September 9.

chessarmy

If anyone is interested in starting a team with me, I can play goalie and I'm pretty good. I wouldn't mind joining a team as well

Wordlife

cant wait for this... 360 game is what im getting :)

Played the demo too, loved it

MikeRaw

Can't wait. the demo for xbox 360 will be out soon, which I can't wait fo.
Superstar mode will be great, and the graphics as usual are sweet.

MikeRaw

Yay, it came out tday. but as expected, they were all gone by the time I got there. The stores said they would have more coming in tommorow, so I'll go get my copy then. I guess I'll have to have a "sick" day.

chessarmy

^ lol same here man. I can't believe it got rated a 9.0 by IGN, thats awesome.

I called my local Gamestop and they said they'll be getting copies by tomorrow, I CAN'T WAIT!!

Michael1

Reaction score
I went to a few places here in Ottawa, but nothing came up. Luckily, tomorrow I'll be going out again and I'll stop by EB Games once again to see if they have it, which I do think they should tomorrow to be honest.

Who are all of you going to start a dynasty with and which team will you play on in Be a Pro?

chessarmy

^ In Dynasty I'll be the New Jersey Devils of course :) I don't think you can pick your team for Be a Pro, I thought you get drafted onto a random team. If they did give you the option to choose a team, I'd obviously choose the Devils

MikeRaw

^For dynasty, I'm using either the Leafs or someone else like the Flames, Ducks, etc..... Be A Pro however, you don't get to choose. You choose your team, but it''s not up to you who you ge treaded to or drafted to.
But it sounds awesome. What you do in stuff like training, interviews, etc effeects where you go in the draft, and during the season, after starting in the AHL, you can get called up, sent down,, etc. Oh yeah, your team may trade you at times as well. Sounds great.

Michael1

Reaction score
Yeah most definitely, and I lol'd just now. I forgot to answer my own question myself. Anyways, I'm either going to do Dynasty with Pittsburgh Penguins or Montreal Canadiens, my two favorite teams, so, I don't know. As for Be a Pro, if you can choose, Montreal, if it's randomly drafted, then I hope my guy gets drafted to either Montreal or Pittsburgh. :p But yeah, this is definitely going to be a great game. Got a 9.0 from IGN and 9.3 from another site, so obviously, another great game from EA.

This Guy

My store still has tons. :) but yeah a lot of Ontario based EB Games/Gamestop stores got it today. Officially the game isn't coming out till Thursday, but big games like this we pull a few strings and try to get it a day early...so 2 days was a tad shocking...but then we heard that EA sent them a day early anyways so most stores will be getting it tomorrow. I'm one of the slowest stores in the area and still sold quite a bit. All my pre-orders, and then about as many walk ins as pre-orders, but still had 360 & PS3 versions left over when I closed tonight.

chessarmy

OMG, I just called my local Gamestop and they have it in stock!!! I'm going to the mall later to buy it, I'm so excited!!!!