Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Oh people are going to laugh when Dwight ends up in Miami next year...

...Bosh's contract, plus a couple no-name guys on their bench... they could do it... and WOULD do it. MJ's stupid enough, Pat Riley is crazy enough.

I know one thing though, if he stays in Orlando and HE lobbies for a couple players to come join him, that job will be VERY appealing to the Zenmaster.

Reaction score
^^^The triangle is nearly impossible to stop with a dominant big man. I truly feel the 01 Lakers could have beaten the 96 Bulls.

But I don't see Zen Master EVER going to work for Shaq. I'll laugh my ass off if they bring him in as GM.

Reaction score
So it's a Heat-Spurs finals. Heat struggled against a very depleted, hurt and old Celtics team. Don't care what you guys think about Rondo, he dropped 44 tonight, doesn't change the fact he's only the 3rd best pg left in the playoffs. The best PG left showed the second best what "dominate" means.

Last night was a great game. The Spurs absolutely DOMINATED the Thunder for 2.75 quarters. The Thunder showed grit and resolve and Harden played so, so awesome. Durant scored more than Westbrook with 7 less shots, not good. But Scott Brooks actually looked like a legit coach, he almost coached his team back into it. But here is what separates the Spurs from the Thunder, things I already mentioned, but are abundantly obvious:

The Thunder have legs. But the Spurs have legs and more of them. The Thunder, at their best, just aren't good enough to hang with the Spurs because they are plain out deeper. The Thunder are going to have to park Perkins for this series to even stand a chance, but their best guys played nearly to the top of their abilities and it just isn't enough.

Westbrook just isn't good enough to defend Parker. Parks were his ass out last night. Tony outclassed him in every facet of the game imaginable. He gave him an Ivy League class in how to work off screens, shot selection, game management and how to finish at the rim. Westbrook is 7 or so years younger than Parks, but Parks out marathoned ol boy.

Depth. Depth. Depth. Everytime the Thunder made a run, someone, from Neal, to Danny Green to Gino hit a dagger to put them back down.

Honestly, I don't see OKC getting past 5 if not swept. I can't wait to slap the shit out of Miami.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^If the Thunder can get Ibaka to play like he did tonight the next game and the following game in San Antonio, they can close this in 6...

...I mean, Westbrook, Harden, and Durant put up 90+ pts. combined... and lost, by 4. All that tells me, is that it's time for the bigs to contribute when they get those opportunities. They can score, it can happen... we saw tonight just how dominant the bigs can be when the mid-range jumper is effective for the 1-3. Having said that though, the Spurs really are the best team left in the playoffs. Best teams CAN lose... but I can admit Enzo's right... they're just deep, they run, they score, and they're playing as solid and sound as ever.

On the other end... the Celtics got robbed. YES, they robbed themselves in the 4th with stupid play and Pierce being an idiot (btw, Pierce's 6th foul wasn't a foul, and the foul that DID happen should have been on Garnett, not Paul). But then you get into OT and Wade pulls his USUAL shit... slapping people in the face (remember the All Star game vs. Kobe? Identical) and then kicked Garnett when Garnett supposedly fouled him.

BTW, did you see Rondo come out and shoot 3's WAY BEHIND THE ARC IN THE CLUTCH!?!?!? WOW!

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
OKC and Boston both up 3 - 2, who'd a thunk it ? I think if San Antonio can get there shit together and play the way everyone knows they can theyll definitely be alright but they just havent been playing up to their full potential, I think they'll win next game but its gonna be close the rest of the way. As for the Heat, I don't think theyre gonna go to Boston and leave with the W. Hoping for a Spurs/Celtics final now

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
So it's a Heat-Spurs finals.

Honestly, I don't see OKC getting past 5 if not swept. I can't wait to slap the shit out of Miami.

:lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao:

Reaction score
:lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao: :lmmmao:

Didn't play it earlier, but here's the Welcome to the "We got beat in the 1st rd by an 8th seed" Club invitation. Only thing is the 76ers are the absolute worst 8th seed EVER. And the Bulls without D Rose are better the 6ers. I hope we win so I can rub my eDick in your face a little bit. Not too hard since we did need 7 games.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Didn't play it earlier, but here's the Welcome to the "We got beat in the 1st rd by an 8th seed" Club invitation. Only thing is the 76ers are the absolute worst 8th seed EVER. And the Bulls without D Rose are better the 6ers. I hope we win so I can rub my eDick in your face a little bit. Not too hard since we did need 7 games.

lol

First off, the Sixers aren't that bad of a team. That have a decent young nucleus with a great coach who can develop talent. They did get lucky as fuck though in the playoffs. It wasn't just Rose, but Noah as well, Deng played with one arm, Boozer was irrelevant. The only guys doing anything for them were Rip and Taj Gibson, and even with all that, they still needed a miracle in the last seconds to avoid going back to Chicago for game 7 and losing the series.

After that they took Boston to the 7 fuckin games, but even with that, Boston had Allen playing on one leg, Bradley out, Pierce was nonexistant. The only guys for them doing anything were KG and Rondo. Obiously they aren't that great and needed a lot of help to get where they did, but probably aren't the worst 8th seed ever.

And I don't hate the Spurs, lol. I actually want them to win because I don't like what fucking Clay Bennett did to the city of Seattle, but that's besides the point. Not making fun of the Spurs, but moreso you for picking San Antonio and Miami (lulz) into the Finals after they both went up 2-0. Not saying I wouldn't have done the same, but I didn't post it, lol.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The difference with the Spurs running the Clippers and the Thunder is that the Clippers don't have that violent mid-to-long range shot, whereas the Thunder barrage will put 30 pts up in any given quarter and leave you playing catch up. That's where the Thunder get the edge in the long run, especially with Westbrook playing the way he's playing, which is the way I said a few pages back that he'd have to play if they were going to be a threat. He's shooting with patience, letting things set on the floor around him and he's making great decisions in shooting vs. passing. I think the Spurs can take them to 7, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder won in 6. No way do the Spurs not take 2 games easily though.

I mean... shit... lol

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Lebron's shoulders must be tired, you know from carrying the team last game. Aside from Bron and Wade that's one pathetic roster, Haslem shows up at times, Chalmers does some dumb fouls, Mike Miller runs like somebody got shot but I think the biggest problem is Spoelstra, he can't coach.

I think we all want a Heat/OKC final, can't really take watching another old guy team vs. a young team again.

And Enzo, what happen to your team?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Spoelstra's NOT A COACH! HE'S A MASCOT!

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
This has to be the most sickening Finals i've ever seen. I'm actually going to have to root for the Heat against the traitors. I hate this season. ):