Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Damnit. I wanted the Cavs in the conference finals so we can beat them again. Too bad Boston beat us to it again. Orlando wins this series 4-2. These games should be good though. I'm not seeing any type of blow out. Rondo must be getting his dick sucked before he plays his games now.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Poor Bron-Bron. The amount of speculation after that game, where the good ol' King will call home next year, was insane. Chicago, New York, LA (Clippers), New Jersey, Miami.

But there's still alot of playoffs left, I'm guessing LA/Orlando again.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking bout. Orlando with another W. Don't sleep on my team. They said it was over for the Magics. I said it ain't over til we lose 4 games. And we still got 2 to go.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
NBA Free Agency

Chris Bosh
Dwyane Wade
Joe Johnson
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stoudemire
LeBron James

Who goes where?

Dre

Reaction score
I say LeBron(?) and Bosh/Amare to the Knicks, Wade stays in Miami if they can require Boozer or Amare, Johnson stays in Atlanta, and Dirk will stay in Dallas for more money.

hbkfan

Reaction score
do you think orlando can tie it up tonight or do you think boston will close it off. im hoping boston for boston not a fan of orlando

exC.On

Reaction score
Boston vs. LA for the 232532 time. YAWN.

Hopefully Boston wins, I don't want Kobe winning his 5th ring and all the talk about comparing him to MJ.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
^But it will happen. He's only 31 and he's on his way to getting a 5th ring. He's still got 3-4 good years left in him.

Oh yeah, Lakers in 6.

Dre

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say this, Kobe will retire with 6-7 championship rings. Then we'll never hear the end of the Jordan & Kobe comparisons.

It's hard to pick who will win this series, but I do know that this will go the distance.

Reaction score
Lakers in 6.

Free Agent Signings

Chris Bosh - NEW YORK. They're going to throw a whole lot of money at somebody, so why not start with a big man in hopes of luring a backcourt talent as well. Also, he's used to playing for shitty teams (Toronto)

Dwyane Wade -stays in MIAMI IF...(see Amare' Stoudemire)

Joe Johnson -NEW YORK I know people are gonna be disappointed it's not LeBron, but I'm not sure he's going anywhere. Clearly Johnson wants to get paid, and New York is willing to pay anyone for being able to tie their shoes, so it seems like a clear fit. Throw Bosh and Johnson together and the Knickerbockers should....SHOULD at least contend for the playoffs, but I still don't see them being a legit threat in the east.

Dirk Nowitski -stays in DALLAS. Dirk loves Cuban and still wants to prove he is an elite number 1 superstar on his own that can get it done in the playoffs.

Amare Stoudemire - his time is clearly up in Phoenix as he and Nash are clearly never going to get over the hump together. He signs with MIAMI.

LeBron James - staying put in CLEVELAND. He wants to build his legacy where he started and prove he can win a championship being the focal point. If he signs along side a Stoudamire, Bosh, or Wade people are going to say "see LeBron couldn't get it done on his own", just like they said about Kobe before last season.

Ray Allen - CHICAGO I think Jesus still has plenty of ball left in him. And it's obvious Chicago is in need of a clutch perimeter shooter to go along with D-Rose. Win or lose in the Finals I think Allen will realize his time with the Celtics is over.

Shaquille O'Neal - LA CLIPPERS Shaq returns to LA to try to take back some of Kobe's spotlight after #24 wins his 2nd Championship without The Diesel and Shaq is still sitting at 1. You might think think this is crazy bc Shaq wants to play for a contender, but with Davis and Gordon in the backcourt and Kaman emerging as a solid big, Shaq could be a piece that helps get opponents bigs into foul trouble. If Griffin comes back 100% watch out for the Clips to be a sleeper in the West next season.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I was listening to the Sid and Tim Uncut podcast (which I suggest any sports fan to listen to, it's free on iTunes) and they said something interesting about Phoenix. If Amare leaves, Nash is pretty much by himself, you think he can make a call to a certain German center? They ran shit in Dallas.

Reaction score
That'd be pretty tight man...but I really don't see Dirk leaving Big D. Cuban will pretty much give him whatever contract he wants to keep him there.