Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated RJC

Reaction score
World Series Prediction: Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Any AL Team

...Maybe not but I do see the Pirates making a serious run at breaking the most embarassing streak in sports history, 17 consecutive losing seasons is a disgrace to the city and the sport in general.

They have tons of potential this year and if CF Andrew McCutchen does not make the All Star team then it'll be another example of the same mediocre guys getting recognition.

straight_edge76

They have potential... Yes. I am expecting all that potential to be traded away by the deadline lol.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Yeah, usually a safe bet right?

I am probably one of the only ones who was glad to see the guys who went, leave.

Nate McLouth to the Braves- Great decision, popular player but was NEVER going to lead the team anywhere. We got way more back than we should have, 3 great prospects and it freed up a spot for McCutchen who in every way is better than McLouth with the possible exception of HRs. McCutch is superior at defense, base stealing, flat out speed, & marketability to McLouth.

Adam LaRoche to wherever he went- Godsend, dude was terrible, dreadful. Good riddance and freed up a spot for Garrett Jones who seemed to be a minor league lifer to get his chance to shine and drilled tons of HRs.

Freddy Sanchez to the Giants- This guy went straight up for highly touted prospect pitcher Tim Alderson. I wasn't a huge fan of Freddy but he served a great purpose, extending at bats and excelling in strong hitting streaks. Defense was top notch but he wouldn't have been worth the money to keep him.

Jack Wilson to the Mariners- Another amazing defensive player but let's face it the offense was never there. What we got back was far greater than what could have been with Jack. Prospect Jeff Clement looks to be the starting 1B by year's end or 2011.

Any other trades last year didn't really matter except acquiring talent. The good thing about this team is there isn't tons of trade bait with the exception of C Ryan Doumit & P Zach Duke, the only 2 Pirates I see being traded this year. They have accumulated the talent needed now let's see where it can go.

Pedro Alvarez & Jose Tabata could be great mid season additions from the minors as well.

the408kid

Reaction score
World Series Prediction: Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Any AL Team

...Maybe not but I do see the Pirates making a serious run at breaking the most embarassing streak in sports history, 17 consecutive losing seasons is a disgrace to the city and the sport in general.

They have tons of potential this year and if CF Andrew McCutchen does not make the All Star team then it'll be another example of the same mediocre guys getting recognition.
The Chicago Cubs not winning the World Series since 1908 is the most embarrassing streak in sports history.

Travis40

Opening Day for the Rangers is next Monday. Their ST record is like 6-16-1 or something like that. I hate when people get worried about Spring Training, because the starters are gone after the 5th inning anyways lol. Surprisingly, the Rangers rotation will be...

Scott Feldman
Rich Harden
Colby Lewis
Matt Harrison
CJ Wilson (AHHHHH :()

Neftali Feliz is sent to the bullpen, and Derek Holland is surprisingly sent to AAA Oklahoma City to start the season. Tommy Hunter is starting the season on the DL, and when he gets back, will start the year in AAA also. I'm hoping the Rangers do well in their first two series' against Toronto and Seattle. I think Seattle is VERY overrated this year. Yes, they have Lee, Felix, Figgins, and Ichiro, but that's it. Who's going to drive Figgins and Ichiro in? Who's coming in out of the pen after Lee and Felix come out of the game?

Here's my predictions for the 2010 season.

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Twins
AL West - Rangers
AL Wild Card - Red Sox

ALDS:
Rangers over Red Sox
Yankees over Twins

ALCS:
Yankees over Rangers

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wild Card - Braves

NLDS:
Cardinals over Braves
Dodgers over Phillies

NLCS:
Cardinals over Dodgers

World Series:
Cardinals over Yankees

AL MVP - Mark Teixeria
AL Cy Young - Felix Hernandez
AL ROY - Neftali Feliz

NL MVP - Albert Pujols
NL Cy Young - Josh Johnson
NL ROY - Jason Heyward

soulpower

Reaction score
YAAAAAWN! AN EZ WIN for the Sox last night. They're on pace to go 162-0, while the Yanks are on pace tp gp 0-162.

Might as well just give Boston the title.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Easy win? Are you kidding me?

The Yankees imo lost that game moreso then BoSox winning. This may be my Yankee fan showing but I do believe that if CC would have been pulled before he was the Yankees could have by all means won that game.

But, the Yankee bullpen does need to solidify itself for them to be considered not only legit contenders to win another World Series but also to win the AL East again.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
BUCCOS BABY 1-0, 4 years straight.

Garrett Jones for the HR Derby.

In all seriousness, it looks like for once the Pirates offense will be fairly good while the defense and pitching will still be lacking. Closer Octavio Dotel did pitch a shut out 9th inning and gave me confidence for once in a closer.

hbkfan

Reaction score
rays took care of the yankees yesterday glad to see them doing so well this year.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Ok, It may still be a bit early but division predictions anyone? Here are mine:

AL
East- Yankees
West- Rangers
Central- Twins
Wildcard- Rays

NL
East- Phillies
West- Dodgers
Central- Cardinals
Wildcard- Reds

Wordlife

Reaction score
Rays for Wildcard??? You think they're going to choke in the East? They have an MLB Record of 29 wins this early.... ???

But anything could happen. I like your predictions.

the408kid

Reaction score
I just saw the replay again of that call at first, doesn't matter what the call was a pitched a perfect game.