Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
All 86 will go to Tottenham in whatever payment scheme they settled on, could be X million a year for X amount of years.
Nothing goes to his previous club Southampton because they fucked up badly and here's why

That salary is extremely high for a player regardless of what the transfer fee is. As far as what money Bale and his agents will have got, the agents will have made some serious bank and i'm sure Bale will have got a pretty packet too as a sweetener or whatever you want to call it, not that he needed it to move to a club like Real. He'll have had to forfit is loyalty bonus from Tottenham though as he was the one who engineered the move and not Tottenham themselves, but given what money he's going to make that'll be nothing.

That is crazy, for some reason I was sure that part of it would go to the player, never realised it all went to the club. Southampton really screwed up didn't they, looking at their current position it would have been a handy $20 million to have. Didn't even get a decent player out of the deal, terrible all round.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is crazy, for some reason I was sure that part of it would go to the player, never realised it all went to the club. Southampton really screwed up didn't they, looking at their current position it would have been a handy $20 million to have. Didn't even get a decent player out of the deal, terrible all round.

What do you mean their current position? Southampton are doing quite well, stayed up quite easily up last season and look like they will have a decent season this time too. You can't always predict the future at the time Bale didn't look like a world beater and given their struggles 2 mill wasn't bad.

I don't think he should get any of the fee, Bale is already £10m a year in wages.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What do you mean their current position? Southampton are doing quite well, stayed up quite easily up last season and look like they will have a decent season this time too. You can't always predict the future at the time Bale didn't look like a world beater and given their struggles 2 mill wasn't bad.

I don't think he should get any of the fee, Bale is already £10m a year in wages.

I know that they are doing well in mid table but potentially with another £20m they could add another big player and try to push even further up the table. I agree that you can't predict the future but still it is pretty bad to look back on.

They are paying for the player so I think that any player should get a cut even if they are getting a huge wage.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Soton are rich anyway, they were skint when they waived the sell on clause but they got took over by a Swiss investor who later died, he left his estate to the club though.

Plus they have an academy with a conveyor belt of future internationals, Shaw and Ward-Prowse are the latest ones but they've produced Ox and Walcott too. They're in a good spot atm.

Soton are rich anyway, they were skint when they waived the sell on clause but they got took over by a Swiss investor who later died, he left his estate to the club though.

Plus they have an academy with a conveyor belt of future internationals, Shaw and Ward-Prowse are the latest ones but they've produced Ox and Walcott too. They're in a good spot atm.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
They collected the fee when they were heading for admin. It probably kept the club afloat. Sure it would have been nice to get the cash now but ultimately cashing in early kept them alive.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Going to the Stadium of Shite to see my boy, the signing of the summer, MESUT OZIL make his eagerly anticipated Premier League debut tomorrow.

Just a reminder that if you don't have tickets you can catch Sunderland 0 - 7 Arsenal on BBC 1 at around 10;30.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The inexperienced played a part for Villa yesterday. Newcastle have some talented mid-fielders and we just made it too easy for them to play and some sloppy defending didn't help either. The right team won, maybe Newcastle are starting to turn the corner. We will have to put it right next week at Norwich.

Excellent win for Everton, a great way to get your first of the season and suddenly three draws in a row doesn't look too bad. Think the jury is out on if Eto will prove a good signing for Chelsea. To totally disregard their three other strikers seemed a risky move.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
The inexperienced played a part for Villa yesterday. Newcastle have some talented mid-fielders and we just made it too easy for them to play and some sloppy defending didn't help either. The right team won, maybe Newcastle are starting to turn the corner. We will have to put it right next week at Norwich.

Excellent win for Everton, a great way to get your first of the season and suddenly three draws in a row doesn't look too bad. Think the jury is out on if Eto will prove a good signing for Chelsea. To totally disregard their three other strikers seemed a risky move.

Fantastic win, a load of Everton fans were slating Naismith's selection yet he scored the winner, we looked very good defensively bar Howards mistake but Barry was fantastic, hasn't played in months possibly years and comes in with a man of the match performance on his debut, City could do with him atm

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Top of the league.

We shalllll not
We shall not be moved.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think Liverpool will be happy with leaving Swansea with a point, it keeps them unbeaten and it isn't an easy place to go to.

The home side meanwhile were much better and a point against the early pace setters should give them something to build on. Swansea's main problem IMO is that they have added another striker to support Michu but have not adapted their style of play in order to give them regular service. Basically the pair are often getting isolated and there are not enough other sources of goals around the team. In a nutshell they only have one way to play and it is starting to be found out, this along with their involvement in Europe I think could lead to them slipping into the bottom half this season, but I still think they should be ok in the long term.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Liverpool's bubble has burst, they got hammered and needed secret agent Shelvey to bail them out.

At least they don't have Europe so they can concentrate on making that top 10. Vital point for them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Think Liverpool will be happy with leaving Swansea with a point, it keeps them unbeaten and it isn't an easy place to go to.

The home side meanwhile were much better and a point against the early pace setters should give them something to build on. Swansea's main problem IMO is that they have added another striker to support Michu but have not adapted their style of play in order to give them regular service. Basically the pair are often getting isolated and there are not enough other sources of goals around the team. In a nutshell they only have one way to play and it is starting to be found out, this along with their involvement in Europe I think could lead to them slipping into the bottom half this season, but I still think they should be ok in the long term.
not been able to watch any games but from what I've heard so far about this Michu and Bony partnership is that it has a Cisse/Ba vibe where they weren't really able to play with one another.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
not been able to watch any games but from what I've heard so far about this Michu and Bony partnership is that it has a Cisse/Ba vibe where they weren't really able to play with one another.

Their different kinds of players I would say, Michu more the flair player who likes to have the ball around the box and make something happen, and Bony more a target man, but I think the problem maybe more with Swansea restricting themselves to the slow passing style of play and not always getting the ball forward quickly enough.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Great point for Brighton tonight away at QPR not many teams will get something from there this season let alone keep a clean sheet. That's five unbeaten for them now and they have recovered well from a sluggish start. Looks like they have picked up from where they left off last season and will be looking for a play-off place again.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian