Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
David Moyes is nailed on.

Sad to see him go, not a fan of the club and I absoutely despise some of the things he's done over the years but he's part of the reason the Arsenal/Man Utd derby is so fierce. I was gutted to see Roy Keane retire for the same reasons, I'd hate for them to slip down the league.

Next season suddenly got interesting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
David Moyes is nailed on.

Sad to see him go, not a fan of the club and I absoutely despise some of the things he's done over the years but he's part of the reason the Arsenal/Man Utd derby is so fierce. I was gutted to see Roy Keane retire for the same reasons, I'd hate for them to slip down the league.Next season suddenly got interesting.

I wouldn't.

As much as I respect him as a manager I think he has been quite desgusting for the game of football, people talk about how cynical Jose is, this guy is far worse. Just a bully who expects special treatment from everyone in football but shows little respect in return. Was that rant long enough?

Would love to see Moyles get a chance like this.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to feel about Fergie stepping down. On one hand it's sad because he has been a brilliant manager, his success backs that up and he'll be incredibly missed. On the other hand, he's the prime example of the type of manager I just hate. If one of his players is offside and scores, he'll cook up a reason why it's just. If the opposition team scores an offside goal, the entire world is against his team. I love managers who can just go "Yeah, our goal was offside, not much I can do about that. We got the 3 points and we'll take them" instead of making up some bullshit for why the offside goal was the right call or whatever.

In any case, I'm sure we've all thought for years what would happen to Man Utd once Fergie retired. No matter who they bring in, they'll slide a little, which will make for a really interesting season. I'd hate to see the new manager get placed under huge pressure if they don't immediately live up to Fergie's standards. That'd be unbelievably unfair.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If it is Moyes, I think the title will be off back to the other side of Manchester if they spend wisely in the summer. Fergie will still play a role for Moyes behind closed doors, but it's a ridiculously huge step for Moyes to take.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Not really sad to see Fergie go. Without a doubt the greatest manager that's ever lived, but also a very hateful man.

Can't believe you keep doubting your side they are one of the form teams at the moment and have that experience of getting there every year. Besides Spurs beating Chelsea at the Bridge is a big ask. As for the Wigan game I wouldn't be supprised if you put a few past them they will be knackered from the weekend and may have just about conceeded relugation by then.

I'm not really doubting them, I know how consistent they are at getting into the top four and I expect them to do it this season, but just as long as Spurs don't win their game in hand tonight.

I also expect us to win our two games of the season, but it will be hard considering both teams are fighting for survival.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Lol bitter fergie haters itt.

Best manager in Football. Keith needs to wipe his bitter tears, ruined Football? LOL. Like Aston Villa had any bearing on Football in the first place to be ruined by Fergie.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't.

As much as I respect him as a manager I think he has been quite desgusting for the game of football, people talk about how cynical Jose is, this guy is far worse. Just a bully who expects special treatment from everyone in football but shows little respect in return. Was that rant long enough?

Would love to see Moyles get a chance like this.

I smell the bullshit and bitterness from a mile a way.

Disgusting for the game of Football? Yeah, if you say so pal. Revolutionized the way a club was ran, cut out the bullshit from players, and built squads from Youth. If you think a manager who created a lot of talk about the sport was bad for it, then you're stupid.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
Now that the season is pretty much over, I'm pretty satisfied with Liverpool finishing 7th. Came from the very bottom in which my roommate constantly called them LOLverpool, which got old quick, and landed in top ten. Thats pretty cool. For a club that just got a new manager who played a different style, I'll take it. I hope they crack top five next season. It'll be damn tough, and if fucking Suarez stops being a diving/biting fucknut that'd be great too. I dunno who would really benefit them to buy. I'd personally like to see Carroll back but I already know what everybody would say so you dont need too. Hope next season is way better for sure.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I smell the bullshit and bitterness from a mile a way.

Disgusting for the game of Football? Yeah, if you say so pal. Revolutionized the way a club was ran, cut out the bullshit from players, and built squads from Youth. If you think a manager who created a lot of talk about the sport was bad for it, then you're stupid.

I am going to raise above your BS and stick to the truth of what I said. I never once said he was bad for Football or that he is not a great manager, possibly the greatest club manager in history and I have once suggested otherwise.

As for some of your points he revolutionized the way the club was run in terms of football, not sure about anyway else, you are forgetting the massive debt Utd have enquired over the years and frankly its not Fergie's fault, but he doesn't care he is one of those managers who is happy to spend the money and not worry about if it leaves the club worse off in the long run. Also yes he has been very good for the youth side of things, but my guess is that beyond handling them when the step up to first team level he actually had very little to do with that side of things.

My points were aimed at Fergie the person, and the way he builled refs and managers, and how he always comes out with excuses every time his team loses, when you have had the sort of success he has had you think it would make it easier to accept defeat.

Finally I don't know why you chose to attack my football club, we have a proud history of our own and I would not swarp clubs for anything in the world.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am delighted for Moyes. The question now is where for Everton? The next manager has a big job on his hands.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I've read Mark Hughes, Roberto Martinez or Neil Lennon, and have to say any of those names would be awful.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've read Mark Hughes, Roberto Martinez or Neil Lennon, and have to say any of those names would be awful.

Hughes is looking more overated all the time so I don't think they should go with him, Lennon is 50/50 it is hard to tell how he would do at a higher standard. Disagree with you about Martinez he has shown me enough at Wigan to suggest that he might deserve a chance like this. Don't forget Moyes had only managed at Preston before being appointed.

Aniking

Reaction score
Yeah I don't rate Hughes. I agree that he's fairly overrated. Neil Lennon I don't know much about, so no comment. I'd be interested to see how Roberto Martinez goes seeing how Wigan have a limited budget every season like Everton. Everton's would be larger, but Martinez has managed to develop some fine players over the years, and the same can be said for Moyes at Everton. He'd be a much better fit.

I've also seen Phil Neville's name mentioned, but I don't think that'd be a wise option. Granted he's been an Everton player for the past 8 years or so and knows the club inside and out, but he has never managed before. Too risky.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rooting for Man City today, can't be dealing with pointless, shitty teams like Wigan winning a trophy.

Lewb

Reaction score
Rooting for Man City today, can't be dealing with pointless, shitty teams like Wigan winning a trophy.

Same here. Normally an underdog guy but there will be over 30k fans in wembley that dont bother going to home games, Wigan as a club dont really deserve it even if the players on the pitch do.

On the Everton manager front, as long as our Malky dont go id be happy. Di Matteo would be my choice. An unemployed champs league winningmanager that must be busting to prove his worth truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.