Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Shit load of money or not he still got them in there and let's not pretend like the clubs above them at that stage weren't throwing it about. Fact of the matter is he got them into the Top 4 twice, albeit the second time was for nothing because of Chelsea's champions league heroics. Say he splashed money, say he inherited a good squad but at the end of the day he got the job done.

Also compared to their rivals they didn't actually spend that much, it was mix of good management and getting the right players.

Well Brighton are one of the form sides which can be an important factor in the play-offs, agree that Watford are their main threat they have the look of a team who are ready for promotion. Good for you WWS looks like I will struggle to get a ticket, but will try anyway.

Lewb

Reaction score
Also compared to their rivals they didn't actually spend that much, it was mix of good management and getting the right players.

Well Brighton are one of the form sides which can be an important factor in the play-offs, agree that Watford are their main threat they have the look of a team who are ready for promotion. Good for you WWS looks like I will struggle to get a ticket, but will try anyway.

You better hope a Cardiff turn up to the KC and give Hull the run around. I don't think they will though. I think Hull will turn us over. Watford Brighton final then.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Awesome final day of the Championship so many twists and turns and teams really going for it. No one can complain about the effect Cardiff put in against Hull, what drama it was with the Watford game being 15 minutes behind it and Hull needing to wait for that result.

Lesicter did really well in making the play-offs when it looked highly unlikely they will go in as a dark horses with Watford the favourites, but Brighton the form team.

Gutted about Peterborough going down, my original home town. Can see them becoming a bit of a Yo-yo club, too good for League one, but just not quite cutting it in the Championship.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Anyone else thing Norwich might go down?

Wigan are definitely going to stay up. Today's result was massive. I think it'll be either Norwich or Newcastle who go down.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Newcastle don't beat QPR, they have us last game of the season and we could still need to win to make Champs League.

Would be a tough ask for them.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Arsenal finish 3rd. Don't like Chelsea and Bale is a horrible bastard so it's the lesser of three evils.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Anyone else thing Norwich might go down?

Wigan are definitely going to stay up. Today's result was massive. I think it'll be either Norwich or Newcastle who go down.

I don't know Wigan still have a lot of work to do. Newcastle and Norwich look the two most nervy right now, but then if Sunderland don't get a result tomorrow they are still very much in it. As for Villa well I tend to think the confiderence we have right now should carry us over the line, but then again if we did lose both remaining games (which isn't impossible) then that might see us down.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
And once again Bradford City are off to Wembley :mark: 5-4 aggregate win :wank:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
THANK-YOU SWANSEA!!:white: Almost home and hosed now, don't fuck it up Villa!

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Surely Aston Villa are safe anyway, right? 40 points is generally the safe mark.

Big game tomorrow. If Spurs get the win at Stamford Bridge that'd be it for us.

Our last two games aren't very easy at all. Thanks to Swansea Wigan still aren't safe and will surely be up for a fight on Saturday, as well as Newcastle who probably won't be safe by the last game of the season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Surely Aston Villa are safe anyway, right? 40 points is generally the safe mark.

Our last two games aren't very easy at all. Thanks to Swansea Wigan still aren't safe and will surely be up for a fight on Saturday, as well as Newcastle who probably won't be safe by the last game of the season.

Can't believe you keep doubting your side they are one of the form teams at the moment and have that experience of getting there every year. Besides Spurs beating Chelsea at the Bridge is a big ask. As for the Wigan game I wouldn't be supprised if you put a few past them they will be knackered from the weekend and may have just about conceeded relugation by then.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wigan should be an easy game after watching their dreadful defending tonight plus the fact they'll be 3 days removed from the cup final.

Aniking

Reaction score

As it stands, anybody 41 points and above is mathematically safe from relegation. We've known for a while that the teams entrenched in the Top 9 are safe, but now West Ham and Stoke City are (barring two HUGE losses for Stoke to the tune of like 8-0). Anybody sitting on 40 points is still mathematically a chance to drop down, but generally that is the safe mark. You never know though.

Tottenham beating Chelsea wouldn't be the end of us at all, it would just mean it's slightly out of our hands. If Chelsea win, finishing 3rd is definitely out of our hands, which is why I've got my fingers crossed for a draw. We'd by 2 behind Chelsea and 1 in front of Tottenham having played the same amount of games, which would be quite promising considering we do have the easier run in compared to them.

But you're right, Wigan and Newcastle won't be easy matches. Newcastle might be depending on if they know they're safe going into the game, but the Wigan match won't be straightforward that's for sure.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Fergie's retiring at the end of the season. He's going to become a Director & Ambassador.

Interesting to see who we'll bring in to replace him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Gonna miss Fergie as a coach for the club, amazing career he has had.

I just hope Mourinho never touches Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.