• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewb

Reaction score
Yeah, I go into the NBA thread all the time and tell those guys they don't know shit about basketball don't I?

I've never once pretended to be some major fan of Cavs, they are just my fave NBA team, not trying to make out I'm a diehard here. Another dense bunch of points from the armchair brigade, covering yourself in glory yet again huh.

I'm far from an armchair fan mate, I watched my team lift a league trophy on Saturday. Don't be too jealous of that now. #7YearsAndCounting

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Sorry but why would anyone want to be an armchair fan of Arsenal anyways? #7YearsAndCounting

Cork is just prove he has no real substance to arguments, quite embarrassing really. I've probably been to more matches than Cork xD and going by his logic, I'm presuming I can't be an England because I've never been to an England game, amirite? Also, what about 'rasslin, can I not be a fan of wrestling if I haven't seen it live?

High five for stupid logic!

Reaction score
That's pretty rich coming from a Liverpool fan. You're hardly in a position to talk about a lack of trophies.

Also, what's with the hashtag? This isn't Twitter you know.

Don't pick on the Cardiff fan for doing it too... Ummm as for the lack of Trophy, the League Cup in 2012 still one step above Arsenal. No need to get butthurt and defensive :S.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Don't pick on the Cardiff fan for doing it too... Ummm as for the lack of Trophy, the League Cup in 2012 still one step above Arsenal. No need to get butthurt and defensive :S.

Hence why I said "lack of trophies".

I'm not butthurt, and I don't think I'm being that defensive. I'm just saying that one League Cup over the course of 6-7 years hardly leaves you in a position to take a dig at Arsenal, who are in fact in a better position than you anyway.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

So do you support Liverpool and Cardiff?

As for QPR I think the thing is Rednapp has said that it is going to be very hard to find buyers for those better players due to their wages and what QPR played for them. Thing is they don't want to lose too many anyway as right now they have the squad to come straight back up. Has to be good news for them that such a good manager has agreed to stay.

Lewb

Reaction score
So do you support Liverpool and Cardiff?

As for QPR I think the thing is Rednapp has said that it is going to be very hard to find buyers for those better players due to their wages and what QPR played for them. Thing is they don't want to lose too many anyway as right now they have the squad to come straight back up. Has to be good news for them that such a good manager has agreed to stay.

Nah, I started the hashtagging, that's why he was on about Cardiff heh :p

I don't see the big thing about Harry Redknapp being a good manager. He royally screwed Portsmouth, he had a good squad at Tottenham and he's the worst premier league manager ever at QPR statistically. Bet he's wishing he took the Russian national job now haha.

The only thing I've ever found myself agreeing with Cork is, I hope Wigan go down. They don't offer anything new after 4-5 years in the top flight. Martinez will go to a bigger club in the summer.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't see the big thing about Harry Redknapp being a good manager. He royally screwed Portsmouth, he had a good squad at Tottenham and he's the worst premier league manager ever at QPR statistically. Bet he's wishing he took the Russian national job now haha.

I agree, he's always been just a wheeler-dealer but he's a big name so I thought he'd still be in demand.

It's only a year or so since he was talked about for the England job.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I disagree on the Harry hate, the guy has made them genuine top 4 contenders and that shouldn't be overlooked. The QPR experiment was always going to end badly and I think himself would have known that given the absolute piss poor squad that Hughes had assembled before him. A full pre season with his own signings and a clearout of the garbage already there and I think he would keep them in the premier league.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I disagree on the Harry hate, the guy has made them genuine top 4 contenders and that shouldn't be overlooked. The QPR experiment was always going to end badly and I think himself would have known that given the absolute piss poor squad that Hughes had assembled before him. A full pre season with his own signings and a clearout of the garbage already there and I think he would keep them in the premier league.

Completely agree. The idea that Rednapp has been a lucky manager doesn't wash because if that was true then he would have made a career out of it and no one has that much luck. He has been successful at pretty much every club he has managed and like you quite rightly said he turned Spurs into a top five/four side. QPR did improve under him it was just always going to be a hard job keeping them up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
On a different note my local team Brighton are certain of a play off place, and will finish at least fourth which means they are likely to be playing rivals Palace in the semis. Exciting times no matter what happens. I suspect that if they don't go up they may have trouble holding on to Poyet, but if they do then think he will stay for sure. Also big final league game against Wolves at the weekend, Wolves still fighting to stay up.

Lewb

Reaction score
On a different note my local team Brighton are certain of a play off place, and will finish at least fourth which means they are likely to be playing rivals Palace in the semis. Exciting times no matter what happens. I suspect that if they don't go up they may have trouble holding on to Poyet, but if they do then think he will stay for sure. Also big final league game against Wolves at the weekend, Wolves still fighting to stay up.

Out of the playoff hopefuls, I hope Brighton do it. And I hope you fecking smash Holloways boys in the process :) aha

Reaction score
Brighton's biggest threat will be Watford, I rather see a deflated Hull go into the playoffs, they'll be reeling from the fact they failed to get that automatic spot. So fingers crossed with that, that being said it looks like I'll be off to see the playoff game at the Amex thanks to family owning season tickets/ executive seats :D.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

To be fair he had a shit load of money to get that Champs League spot, and if it wasn't for Spurs being epic flops the last game of the 07 season against West Ham, they would of been 4th under Jol too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To be fair he had a shit load of money to get that Champs League spot, and if it wasn't for Spurs being epic flops the last game of the 07 season against West Ham, they would of been 4th under Jol too.
Shit load of money or not he still got them in there and let's not pretend like the clubs above them at that stage weren't throwing it about. Fact of the matter is he got them into the Top 4 twice, albeit the second time was for nothing because of Chelsea's champions league heroics. Say he splashed money, say he inherited a good squad but at the end of the day he got the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.