Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Sagna has been horrible lately, Szcsesny is worryingly erratic too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
:mark:

Incredible win to defeat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Really needed a win soon but I didn't expect it to come against top opposition. Good to see a huge improvement in defense and that win might make the club a little bit more attractive during the transfer window.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
:mark:

Incredible win to defeat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Really needed a win soon but I didn't expect it to come against top opposition. Good to see a huge improvement in defense and that win might make the club a little bit more attractive during the transfer window.

Really suprised me because Chelsea had been hitting some good form lately. That is very much the Harry factor don't think QPR would have been capable of that result under Hughes. It will still be tough for him to keep them up, but if anyone can he can.

Ba has gone to Chelsea, interesting one, they do need another striker to offer them something different, but sometimes when you haven't played at a top club the step up and preassure can be a bit much. Will be interesting to see if he plays him with Torres.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Definitely didn't see that result coming. Before yesterday I was sure both Reading and QPR would get relegated this season. It'll be interesting to see if they can build up some momentum after that win.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Reading are a very well run club with a good young manager, so I think even if they go down they will stick with him and have a decent chance of coming straight back up. QPR are a mess frankly, will be interesting to see how long Redknapp stays there, guess if he kept them up at least there is money there to build for the future.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Yeah, I really don't mind Reading, there's a lot of teams in the league I'd rather see go down this season. Can't say the same for QPR though, I'd be quite pleased to see them get relegated this season. Watching a team that expensive play that bad is almost annoying to watch.

Ant

Up The Villa
Reaction score
As a Villa fan i must say i am more than slightly concerned with our results/performances the past month and a half.

Buying players for the future is all well and good but football is a results business and we need results now not in five years.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good news for Arsenal, Squillaci and Djourou expected to leave the club in the next couple of days and Chamakh who has been awful for ages is closing in on a move to West Ham. I honestly think that he will do alright with them as they certainly play a style that will cater to him.

Frank Lampard's agent has confirmed that he will indeed leave the club at the end of the season.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Always liked Djourou but he's never gonna be ahead of Verminator and Kos the boss.

Chamakh never really got a chance, when he played for us he usually scored....Squillaci was an awful buy though, good riddance.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As a Villa fan i must say i am more than slightly concerned with our results/performances the past month and a half.

Buying players for the future is all well and good but football is a results business and we need results now not in five years.

Think that is a little unfair, given the players we have lost over the last few years and change over of managers since O'Neill we are in a rebuilding process, but that is going to take time and I think we have the right manager to do that. We are now entering a period of more winnable fixtures against the likes of Southampton and Newcastle and given how tight the points are a few wins would shoot us up quite a bit. I have said all along that we will finish mid-way and I still believe that is relaistic.

First upset of the cup weekend with Brighton dumping Newcastle out 2-0, althrough given Newcastle's injuries and lack confidence it is not really that suprising, with Brighton a strong championship side. Pandrew is in a bit of trouble, but they should stick by him. Crawley are leading Reading too.

Aniking

Reaction score
First upset of the cup weekend with Brighton dumping Newcastle out 2-0, althrough given Newcastle's injuries and lack confidence it is not really that suprising, with Brighton a strong championship side. Pandrew is in a bit of trouble, but they should stick by him. Crawley are leading Reading too.

I wasn't overly surprised to read that Newcastle have been knocked out. As you say, Newcastle lack confidence, and to me it's been the case throughout the season as a result of their injury crisis. They didn't have one last season, yet look at how well they did. If they get their best (or close to) team on the pitch regularly, they'll climb the table. I just hope it doesn't result in Pardew being axed, because frankly that'd be a joke.

Watching the Southampton/Chelsea game and it's 2-1 to Chelsea at half-time. Southampton started the better side and scored through Rodriquez, but after that Chelsea woke up and worked their way back into it with an easy tap in by Ba and a sweet volley by Moses.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I wasn't overly surprised to read that Newcastle have been knocked out. As you say, Newcastle lack confidence, and to me it's been the case throughout the season as a result of their injury crisis. They didn't have one last season, yet look at how well they did. If they get their best (or close to) team on the pitch regularly, they'll climb the table. I just hope it doesn't result in Pardew being axed, because frankly that'd be a joke.

Watching the Southampton/Chelsea game and it's 2-1 to Chelsea at half-time. Southampton started the better side and scored through Rodriquez, but after that Chelsea woke up and worked their way back into it with an easy tap in by Ba and a sweet volley by Moses.

Yeah and Moses is proving a solid siging who could have a bi future there.

Villa in some trouble right now, and it could be two nil to Ipswich. Don't want a replay with our involvement in the other cup, either we lose or win, right now FA cup comes below the league and COC.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
2-1 will do me, Ipswich are going well under McCarthy and it is always harder at home in the cup, goal for Bent is a plus too. Job done.

Well done to both Macclesfield and Luton great upsets today.

Status
Not open for further replies.