Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree w/ Dale, can't keep him around as an ornament just because he did good things a decade ago, every manager and player has a shelf life.

Also decided I'm not gonna renew my season ticket no matter what happens from now until the end of the season, it's pathetic and I dont feel like spending nearly a grand to watch a team of also-rans waiting for their move to a Manchester club.

Really hope Wenger decides to leave at the end of this season rather than have to sack him, but his contract doesn't finish until the end of next season. If they give him a new one I will lose my shit.

Also re; paper rumours, I would swap Walcott for Nani any day of the week. Nani always rips us to shreds when he plays us, the things Walcott has done in his Arsenal career I can count on one hand.

Nearly a grand, really?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Most expensive season tickets in the Prem.

I exaggerated a tad, mine was £820 IIRC, we get a certain # of League Cup games 'free' too, but well...look at how that turned out. :lol:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm interested in the Walcott situation quite alot because the supposed reason of the contract dispute is him wanting to play upfront. Will be interesting to see which team he ends up playing on the wing for.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Couple of interesting games for Villa, we have Liverpool away today and then Chelsea away next week, both tough games. Would have liked to have played Liverpool a month ago as they starting to come into form, but certainly theres a chance for a result, and who knows with Chelsea coming back from that pointless tournament in Japan it might be a good time to play them. A couple of points would do me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Credit where it's due, Villa's second goal was a lovely move.

Taarabt is such a quality player, why he's not at one of the top clubs I have no idea.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
QPR won? I guess the world really is ending this coming Friday....

In all seriousness LOL at Chelsea!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Oh Prod its a pointless mikey mouse cup, winning a pub tournament would mean more. They should be more concerned with the effect it has on their form.

Am really happy now! Who needs Bent? Mid table and a league cup is a realistic target now imo.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Am really happy now! Who needs Bent? Mid table and a league cup is a realistic target now imo.
You're 14th and still only 3 points above the relegation zone with two difficult league games coming up, enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
[/B]

Oh Prod its a pointless mikey mouse cup, winning a pub tournament would mean more. They should be more concerned with the effect it has on their form.

Mickey Mouse Cup that you'd be creaming over if Villa won.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

:D

Only took 17 games but finally QPR won. Still in a lot of trouble as we could be last again after Reading play and are still 5 points away from safety. Need to string together a couple of wins very soon.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Mickey Mouse Cup that you'd be creaming over if Villa won.
No I wouldn't and you know it, you would be saying the same if Utd lost in the final of it, but because its Chelsea you
are taking a cheap shot lol.

Dale you have trouble admitting you are wrong. Lambert is a good manager and chances are we are just going to get better
from now on. Even if we missed out in the cup progress still would have been made this season.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Villa should be alright if they sell Bent for about £10/12m and get some dece defenders in, and Benteke & Weimann dont get injured. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they went down though because they are the worst team we've played this season.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
How am I wrong? I said you'd be relegation fodder and you currently are, you're 3 points above the relegation zone and by the time the weekend is over you could be sucked even further into it. Explain how that's factually wrong will you.

Status
Not open for further replies.