Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well looking at the postives from Villa's match today, it was one of the better 0-0's you will see epsically in the first half, there were again some good performances from the younger players and it is point closer to safety, however once again we struggled to keep hold of the ball nearly enough, we looked shakey at the back and showed them too much respect and the creative spark to create a goal. A draw was a fair result, but the performance overall was not good enough, and if we had won it would have taken the pressure off us, plus O'Neill got a rough reception which I don't agree with. Still me and Mum had a good day.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
We drew 4-4 with Everton earlier, after blowing a 4-2 lead towards the end of the game. So we have to go to Man City in 8 days and win there like we did in the FA Cup, if we're to retain the Premiership. Especially since City are 2-0 up at Wolves and the gap is now 3 points and they have a better goal difference than us.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You don't have to win though, just so long as you don't lose.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It certainly keeps the title race interesting. Still think Utd will win it, as they have the experience to get a result at City when they need to, the fact that City have a far greater goal difference could still be a factor of course. I think that match will end a draw, but that the race will still go til the end of the season.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
As a neutral hater of both, I'd prefer Man Utd just so Nasri and Clichy dont get winners medals.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I forgot also that Liverpool lost again, this time to West Brom at Anfield (West Brom's first win there for 45 years) 8D

Seriously, Kenny just isn't cut out for managing anymore so he should just quit, but he won't. He'll spend whatever money he's given in the summer and they'll still be as crap as they are this season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And when I see who have won there this season, it makes me kind of pissed that Villa couldn't do the same.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Gerrard's been carrying them on his back for years, now hes slowing down they are royally fucked.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well done to Chelsea outstanding result tonight! Always had a feeling they might get through what with Balca not scoring an away goal. Still the ironic thing is that they might come up against a strong Munich on their home patch and still come undone.

So Villa never fail to disserpoint me, we know how to cock up in the most entertaining of ways lol. I see a nervy last three games now. IMO we need two more points to stay up, but we have West Brom Away (good at home, nothing to play for, so might be relaxed), Spurs at Villa Park (going for fourth) and Norwich Away (another strong home side). I think we might lose the first two, meaning we would have to win at Norwich, or at least hope for other results to spare us. Sudderly I get the feeling it might be worth putting some money on us going down.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Villa won't go down. Chelsea were magnificent tonight. Torres gets the vital goal how ironic.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Villa won't go down. Chelsea were magnificent tonight. Torres gets the vital goal how ironic.

Yeah I keep telling myself tonight, but you can't denay tonight was a golden chance for us to settle it with three games left. Think we may just be alright, but if things don't change next season we will go down.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Messi choked again. He hasn't played well lately, and it's probably because he's fatigued.

Still, the Ramires goal was really good and Torres for once didn't choke either.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm over the moon that Bolton won, nothing against Villa or anything but it opens up the relegation scrap even more and drags Wigan (Go down you cunts) and QPR back into the shit with Bolton still having a game in hand.

Awesome ending to the season, Championship (Utd & City) still up for grabs, 3rd and 4th (Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs & Chelsea) place still up for grabs and 2 relegation places open with upto 5 teams (Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, QPR & Villa) battling it out. :mark:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I was pleased Bolton won too. Seems like since the Muamba incident, it's given them an extra incentive to fight for their survival in the Premiership.

Still want Blackburn and Wigan to go down with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.