Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I was gonna watch the game but I fell asleep just before kick off. Then I woke up in the 2nd half put Sky Sports News on to check the score and Arsenal were 3-0 up. Van Persie should've scored the 4th too. After he missed it, I kinda felt Arsenal wouldn't get the 4th goal they needed to take the game to Extra Time so I stopped watching the game.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, what a sitter too.

Shouldnt of tried to be clever and lob it, should of just banged it and took Abbiati's head off.

Saying that, we got lucky with El Shawwry and Nocerino missing clear chances too.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The only way I see Mancini being axed is if they don't win the Premier League this season and don't manage it next season either. Maybe if he wins the Premier League this season and doesn't next season, combined with a failure in the Champions League, than his head could be on the chopping block too.

Mourinho and Abramovich have allegedly patched up their issues a while ago, so I wouldn't rule it out. I'd prefer to see him go to Tottenham, because even though I'm an Arsenal fan, I'm fucking Australian and only consider our rivals as those competing for the same thing we are and not by who the closest club is to Arsenal in England. Right now I consider our main rivals to be Tottenham, Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool as they're competing for 3rd & 4th against us.

Apparently AVB left the Chelsea training ground in tears after his sacking because none or hardly any of the players went up to him to say goodbye. I honestly feel sorry for the guy even if I thought the writing was on the wall. I truly hope he pops up somewhere and makes waves with whatever team he manages next.

AVB is a good young manager and he will have a bright future. He may have been the wrong man for Chelsea is all. Then again he should have been given longer and the chance to bring him own players in and I think a lot of the players need to look at themselves.

Deuce

Reaction score
I agree Keith, I think he might have been the wrong person for Chelsea as well.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Messi scored 5 goals which is a Champions League record, earlier for Barcelona in their 7-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

I went to watch Spurs/Stevenage earlier at White Hart Lane and had fun for my first time ever visiting White Hart Lane.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I agree Keith, I think he might have been the wrong person for Chelsea as well.
Why was the wrong guy? Who should they have got instead?

Aniking

Reaction score
I agree with Breakaway, Messi did score 5 goals this morning.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
all i have to say today is well done atheltico bilbao, what a fantastic team, they outplayed united and if there goals were dubious there hearts were not! i hope the 2nd leg is just as entertaining

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
At 3-1 I didn't see us being able to qualify. With us being able to get the 2nd goal, it gives us a chance now of being able to go to Bilbao next week and hopefully win 2-0 and go through. But once again our home form in Europe has let us down.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Breakaway i agree our home form this season has been terrible, they were saying if we combined our home form last season with our away form this season we would of won the title already lol

Medo

Reaction score
I am so depressed of our performance lately and yea i don't see us qualify as well Breakaway

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why was the wrong guy? Who should they have got instead?

Well it was proven at least in the short term that he was the wrong man for the job. Like I said he a promising young manager it is just he was wrong for the Chelsea job at this point. They should have held on to Carlo he did nothing wrong.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well it was proven at least in the short term that he was the wrong man for the job. Like I said he a promising young manager it is just he was wrong for the Chelsea job at this point. They should have held on to Carlo he did nothing wrong.
Yeah I get that, I just wanted to hear what the spammer had to say that's all apart from just coming in here to get a post up.

Given they've suffered another loss yesterday, i'd like to ask Dod what his thoughts are on Kenny being in charge because I read a really good point that someone made elsewhere which i'm going to quote below

What do Liverpool fans really think of Dalglish? For the criticism Hodgson got last year, that obnoxious prick is getting away with murder when you look at all the money he's spent too. If it was anyone else but a Liverpool legend, he'd be public enemy number one.

I think it's a fair point he makes, although I guess that carling cup win gives him a bit of breathing space.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah big blow today for City, it is now Utd's Title to lose.

I too think Liverpool are underperforming, and the likes of Downing, Henderson and Adam are not the sort of signings which are going to take them to the next level. Even Suerz has had a poor season. Then again progress has been made, it will be a boast to win their first trophy in sometime. I always thought the top four would be beyond them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.