Official Boxing Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Yeah it was a good fight from Geale, he looked good and Mundine was typical Mundine. First boxing I've watched in a while though and I realised that kick boxing has really spoiled me, its not exciting compared to K1 or Thai boxing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He was at a whole other level to Mundine and just outclassed him. I can see Mundine either retiring now or taking a few easy fights to pad out his record before he bows out. Soliman vs. Sturm is on Saturday morning and I can't see Soliman beating Sturm. Will be good seeing Geale beat Sturm again and then hopefully he can fight to get back the title that he was stripped of right after he won it.

It is definitely a lot slower pace to MMA as well and it took me a bit to get used to again.

Aniking

Reaction score
My news feed on Facebook was full of status' begging for Geale to knock Mundine the fuck out, followed by so many praising him for beating him. I read one status that was cheering for Mundine, but in all honesty I think it was just to go against the crowd for shits and gigs.

I was following live updates of the fight all night and it was great to read Geale controlled the fight. Not surprised in the slightest that Mundine was a poor loser. He actually thought he won the fight, but by the sounds of it he wasn't even close.

I live in the same suburb as Geale (and Brett Emerton) and he comes into work every now and then. One of his kids started Kindergarten today and he was there to say bye at 9am this morning. The life of a champion rolls on another day.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was hoping for a KO as well just so that Mundine wouldn't have any grounds to complain about the result, although he still probably would have complained.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Met Mundine the once in a club in Vegas, horrible big time charlie who thinks he's the dogs bollocks because he got featured in a video game.

Expected Geale to school him and happy he did, Mundine didn't deserve the fight in the first place.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He has the biggest ego of any sports star yet he can't back it up. Everytime he was talking himself up before the Geale fight to the media I wish one reporter would have simply said 286. That is the number of tickets he sold in his US debut after proclaiming to everyone that he would take the US by storm and end up fighting Mayweather.

Surprisingly Sam Soliman beat Felix Sturm today therefore earning a mandatory title shot against Daniel Geale. Geale's promoter had already said that if Soliman won they would look at asking for a voluntary defence first but who knows what will happen now.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
BBCSport said:
Floyd Mayweather signs new TV deal to fight six bouts in 30 months
Floyd Mayweather will fight six bouts over a 30-month period that could make the eight-time world champion the richest individual athlete in the world.

The 35-year-old will fight welterweight Robert Guerrero in the first of these bouts on 4 May.

"Mayweather's new deal is by far the biggest in the sport of boxing," said Mayweather's promotions company.

The specific financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The Guerrero fight will be Mayweather's first since beating Miguel Cotto for the WBA light-middleweight title by unanimous decision in May last year, extending his record to 43-0 (26 KOs).

The American then sentence for domestic violence before he was released on 3 August.

The new television deal sees Mayweather, who holds the WBC welterweight and WBA light middleweight belts, leave HBO for Showtime.

He averages more than one million pay-per-view buys per event - more than any other boxer.

"At this record-setting PPV performance level, if all six fights contemplated by this deal occur, it will be the richest individual athlete deal in all of
sports," added the statement from Mayweather's promotions company.

What does everyone think of this move?

Massive payday for Mayweather yet again and another big blow for HBO to lose him. What I find really interesting is the length of his deal, if he completes all the fights in his deal and presuming that he wins all his fights he will end up 49-0. Will he do a Rocky Marciano and retire at 49-0 or try to go one better.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
great deal for him, not many prospects out there to beat him. Fuck HBO, they don't do spots right anyways.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Zou Shiming holds key to boxing in China - ESPN

Good ESPN article about Bob Arum trying to break into the China market with a local boxer Zou Shiming. Won two gold medals and a bronze medal over three Olympic games so he has a fantastic pedigree. His first ever professional fight is coming up in Macau and Arum along with the Venetian is trying to create a new market for the sport over there. Should be the most watched boxing fight of all time since it is being shown on free tv in China. Be interesting to see how he goes and to see how Arum goes in his quest over the next decade with breaking into the Chinese market.