*Official Booker T to TNA? Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

The words are floating around the Internet, and news has confirmed that indeed BookerT (King Booker) is now a Free Agent and has been released by the WWE, What do you think? Is it a good move for TNA to sign one of the biggest names of WWE, and a former 5 Time wCw Champion? Booker would have no problem with this, he is a free agent now and was unhappy with WWE for the last 2-3 Months. TNA has got the chance to grab one of the top names of the Industry and have him on their show. I think that yes, TNA should sign BookerT they can get so popular with the audience. With guys like Jarrett, Angle and Sting already around and a fresh BookerT, TNA can be one big name. :wassat: Now that Booker T is officially gone from WWE, the big question is whether or not he'll show up in TNA in a few days. WWE released a statement that Booker T and his wife were no longer a part of their company. There was a dispute between Booker T and WWE over his 60 day suspension.His official release date will be on October 27, 2007. That is believed to be the day when Booker T will be contractually free to work for another wrestling company. As is tradition with professional wrestlers, vague comments were released that would hint that Booker T is headed towards TNA soon. It is believed that Booker T will be eligible to work for TNA before their next pay per view, Genesis.TNA might already have an agreement with Booker T since one of the matches already booked for Genesis involves a mystery opponent. Those that don't want to see TNA picking up a big star like Booker T have used his commitment to his wrestling promotion as a weak excuse.However, TNA wrestlers are required to work approximately 5 days a month right now unless they accept independent booking. Plus, Booker T was capable of running his wrestling school while he was working the hectic WWE schedule. If signed, Booker T would immediately join a main event scene that already features well known wrestlers like Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, and eventually Kevin Nash. TNA's plan has always been to combine established stars with talented homegrown talent. TNA could also choose to play on the real life friendship between Booker T and Team 3D (formerly known as the Dudley Boys in WWE). A stable with those three would be interesting. Plus, there are reports that Pacman Jones is done with TNA, so Ron Killings is going to need something to do. He deserves a nice push for all of his efforts in carrying Pacman Jones. Put Ron Killings with Booker T, Brother Ray, and Brother Devon, and you have yourselves a stable worth talking about.Another reason why Booker T would sign with TNA is to open up more cross promotions between his promotion and TNA. For the past few months, the PWA (Pro Wrestling Alliance) has been using TNA wrestlers after WWE decided to pull their wrestlers from the shows. By signing with TNA, Booker T would have more leverage in getting well known TNA wrestlers on his shows. Since he is already established in Texas, Booker T could also help TNA expand their business there as well. If TNA can pull this off, then it would be a major coup for them. A big wrestling star with Booker T's credentials doesn't come around every day.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I doubt it will increase ratings. I mean it should and that would be good but honestly being realistic... if Kurt Angle couldn't do it I doubt Booker T could.

The Rated R CMStar

I agree, not Kurt Angle, Christian or Sting have made an big impact neither will Booker

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
how many of these "should TNA sign (former WWE wrestler)?" are there going to be

anyways i think TNA should sign him because they signed every other exWWE superstar so why not him

if i were booker t i would be insulted if TNA didnt sign me

JHar888

Reaction score
If they got him, they'd be insane. I could see him feuding with Sting, Samoa Joe, or another top TNA face if he were a heel, or if he were a face, he could feud with Angle for the title. I'd definately watch TNA iMPACT! a lot more. I think that him or just about any top free agent could increase ratings.

xtremebadass

Booker T in TNA wouldn't really increase ratings, but it would make alot of people interested. Booker is a big name despite his Douche Bag qualities, I wouldn't mind seeing him in his sergeant gimmick from WCW, just as long as Sharmell isn't with him, I am all for him in TNA, now we can have Booker T vs. Scott Steiner ONE MORE TIME!!! Yes.

Barurot

Reaction score
But with an over-crowded upper midcard/main event roster which they currently have no idea how to book, it's really not a good idea to sign King Bookah right now...

Reaction score
I think his he is more interested in running his own wrestling company. Than going to TNA wrestling!:cool3:

Travis40

He's way to old to start wrestling for another company...so no...just no. He'll be focusing on running his own company.

Reaction score
You guys give shit to TNA for picking up old WWE "rejects" but yet still make these fucking stupid threads of whether or not TNA should sign somebody that WWE just fired...FUCK YOU GOD DAMN SHEEP!

Reaction score
You guys give shit to TNA for picking up old WWE "rejects" but yet still make these fucking stupid threads of whether or not TNA should sign somebody that WWE just fired...FUCK YOU GOD DAMN SHEEP!

Why don't you pull out a gun and shoot somebody like damn!:laugh:

Reaction score
booker's act was getting stale,adding him would'nt change much to the current state of tna affairs,they should reinforce their x division with more talent,the x division is what makes tna interesting.

chavoheat

Reaction score
A lot of people are upset that Booker is gone from WWE, so they're going to try to tarnish his credibility.

Fact is, it wasn't too long ago that Booker was considered good enough by WWE to hold the World Heavyweight Championship.

Even this year, Booker has been considered good enough to main event a few WWE pay per views.

You'd be a fool to think that he's not good any more simply because he's left WWE.

MJ807

Reaction score
IF TNA were to sign Booker T it would not boost there raings at all, but I would like to see Booker T in TNA as long as he's not King Booker I'm fine with it.

JHar888

Reaction score
If they were to pick up Sabu, Rob Van Dam, and The Sandman, they could change the whole product's "gimmick" to an ECW type promotion. However, King Booker doesn't fit, although I hope to see him in TNA sometime soon.