Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Toguro was awesome but Sensui's just on a whole other level. If there's one thing Togashi excels out, it's creating compelling & unique villains. I personally feel he outdoes Sensui in Hunter x Hunter with Meruem from the Chimera Ant arc. My only problem with Chapter Black is . . .

The double deus ex machina it took for Yusuke to beat Sensui. The ending speech of Sensui was excellent but I'd rather he wasn't defeated by Yusuke coming back to life & then his demon ancestor taking over his body & finishing the job.

You ever check out Rurouni Kenshin? It has a ton of fillers that you'd have to skip over & the beginning of the series is weak in general but the Kyoto arc is pretty awesome. Was my personal favorite arc in anime prior to watching Hunter x Hunter.
I agree. Wasn't too huge on his ancestor taking over his body and defeating Sensui with no real attempt. And I wish that we got to see more of Yuske's ancestors fighting ability. Mostly because he was very OP.

I was literally going to check out Rurouni Kenshin like a month ago because it was on Crackle, BUT they had way too many ads and it was dubbed. Not that I hate dubs, but I feel the creator hand picks the voice actors and dubs rarely do that. One Piece is the only known show where I know that they come from Japan to audition English voice actors.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I agree. Wasn't too huge on his ancestor taking over his body and defeating Sensui with no real attempt. And I wish that we got to see more of Yuske's ancestors fighting ability. Mostly because he was very OP.

I was literally going to check out Rurouni Kenshin like a month ago because it was on Crackle, BUT they had way too many ads and it was dubbed. Not that I hate dubs, but I feel the creator hand picks the voice actors and dubs rarely do that. One Piece is the only known show where I know that they come from Japan to audition English voice actors.

Wow, they actually had to fly to Japan? That's awesome. I'm not really bothered by who picks out the VA's as long as they're fitting and/or good. I do like the dub for the TV series (the movie & OVA's were dubbed by a different company & are very, very wooden), mostly for Shishio & Saito but it can definitely get on the annoying side. Haven't checked out the sub counterpart that much though. I think Crunchyroll has it subbed if you're ever interested in checking it out. On that note, here's a little guide to avoid the filler in RK if you ever do watch it . . .

Episodes 01-05 ~ introduction episodes
Episodes 06-07 ~ Jin-E Kurogasa mini-arc
Episodes 08-11 ~ Oniwabanshu mini-arc
Episodes 11-18 ~ filler episodes
Episodes 19-21 ~ Raijuuta mini-arc*
Episode 22 ~ Filler episode
Episode 23-24 ~ Seikiho Army revival mini-arc
Episodes 25-27 ~ Pirate Shura filler arc
Episodes 28-62 ~ Kyoto arc (Shishio arc)
Episodes 63-95 ~ Bunch of fillers

*Despite being a canon arc, this can be completely skipped without missing anything remotely important to the rest of the show (unless you plan on watching on all filler [they aren't all bad but I wouldn't say they're worth it]). The anime took a lot of liberties with that arc, actually, they outright changed 83% of that arc (Watsuki, the mangaka, hated/was-greatly-disappointed-by the arc in the manga, so I'm assuming that's why they changed it [I liked the manga version better]).

It's only really worth watching for the Kyoto arc but if the day ever comes where you want to watch it I figured I'd throw this out there now (I didn't make the list by the way, I simply have access to it).

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Wow, they actually had to fly to Japan? That's awesome. I'm not really bothered by who picks out the VA's as long as they're fitting and/or good. I do like the dub for the TV series (the movie & OVA's were dubbed by a different company & are very, very wooden), mostly for Shishio & Saito but it can definitely get on the annoying side. Haven't checked out the sub counterpart that much though. I think Crunchyroll has it subbed if you're ever interested in checking it out. On that note, here's a little guide to avoid the filler in RK if you ever do watch it . . .

Episodes 01-05 ~ introduction episodes
Episodes 06-07 ~ Jin-E Kurogasa mini-arc
Episodes 08-11 ~ Oniwabanshu mini-arc
Episodes 11-18 ~ filler episodes
Episodes 19-21 ~ Raijuuta mini-arc*
Episode 22 ~ Filler episode
Episode 23-24 ~ Seikiho Army revival mini-arc
Episodes 25-27 ~ Pirate Shura filler arc
Episodes 28-62 ~ Kyoto arc (Shishio arc)
Episodes 63-95 ~ Bunch of fillers

*Despite being a canon arc, this can be completely skipped without missing anything remotely important to the rest of the show (unless you plan on watching on all filler [they aren't all bad but I wouldn't say they're worth it]). The anime took a lot of liberties with that arc, actually, they outright changed 83% of that arc (Watsuki, the mangaka, hated/was-greatly-disappointed-by the arc in the manga, so I'm assuming that's why they changed it [I liked the manga version better]).

It's only really worth watching for the Kyoto arc but if the day ever comes where you want to watch it I figured I'd throw this out there now (I didn't make the list by the way, I simply have access to it).
Thanks. And also, it's the other way around. They come from Japan to America. :dawg:

I'm not too huge on skipping filler unless it's really useless. The only way I got through all of Naruto was just by skipping filler because at least 40% of it is and they have nearly 600 episodes. I'll watch Kenshin when I have time. I actually wish there was a hyperbolic time chamber just so I can watch all the anime that I want to see without worrying how much time I'm wasting.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Thanks. And also, it's the other way around. They come from Japan to America. :dawg:

I'm not too huge on skipping filler unless it's really useless. The only way I got through all of Naruto was just by skipping filler because at least 40% of it is and they have nearly 600 episodes. I'll watch Kenshin when I have time. I actually wish there was a hyperbolic time chamber just so I can watch all the anime that I want to see without worrying how much time I'm wasting.

Oh, haha, I totally read that wrong.

I agree with you, on both counts. I haven't skipped an episode of a single episode on my anime list but I can definitely understand why people due. The stuff after the Kyoto arc is completely useless (since it ended up getting the series cancelled, so we never got the Jinchuu arc animated [well, fully (Kyoto's arcs better anyway)]). That said, I kinda prefer those fillers to the ones in the beginning (well, at least the first filler arc post-Kyoto was better than the poor beginning fillers in my opinion). I need to get around to watching some more anime, haven't really felt like I've watched much of anything in awhile (but that's likely because my days have just become slightly more busier the past few days).

Reactions: CM Punk

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I agree. Your usage of the word "actually" leads me to believe you think I was insulting it, I wasn't. I was simply stating it was quick watch & considering all episodes were about four minutes long (well, technically three ignoring the ED but I just couldn't watch an episode without staying & watching the ED, surprisingly one of my favorites). It was a fun watch.

Geez, they make a lot of Pokémon. Anyway, I recently saw Origin this month myself, it was a pretty good watch. Way too rushed, the actual story itself isn't that great & characters were [mostly] poor but I loved the animation & fight choreography (particularly during Charmander vs. Squirtle). Plus the OST was really nostalgic. & from the pool of movies, the third has always been my favorite. Haven't watched them in years though.

From what I've seen on your list, I'd say either Madoka Magica or Death Note are my favorite. Probably Death Note for the first two-thirds & the conclusion. I kinda feel like I admire Madoka Magica for it's beautiful, often unique visuals & it's great score, more than I actually liked it. But I still liked it a lot (not sure if you checked my list but it got an 9 on there for the aforementioned reasons but I probably only like it an 8). Also, I know what this says about me but I was on Kyubey's side pretty much the entire time.

Oh & on the note for the Spring Season coming. I don't tend to watch anime as they're currently airing, just because I hate being forced to wait to see the next installment but I'm rather pumped for the second season of Mushishi. One of my personal favorites & due the show being entirely episodic, it's less harrowing to have to wait.

I did think you were making fun of MM. I agree it was a fun little watch for an hour.

And yeah but if they included all Pokemon in one, my list wouldn't be dominated with it :p. Most of them are the movies tbf. Origins was good but I agree it was rushed. Should've gone for a full series, even if that was just a typical 12 episodes. As for my favourite movie, I would say the Keldeo one. That also featured Ash the least and the story was about the Pokemon in it rather than Ash... go figure. They could've had the exact same movie without him in it.

For Madoka, I didn't really like the art style of the characters, the faces annoyed me. The characters themselves were great, the music was excellent and the story was good. One of the better ones I've seen. Death Note was good but it went slightly downhill when insert name here died and then suddenly there were a few kiras. Got a bit silly. Still good though. Pro Kyubey? I'll be fair, she made VERY good points but despite that, as a Human I had to dislike them :p. She was quite the cunt but with fair enough points.

I agree on disliking having to wait but I got into watching current subbed ones not too long ago and it's good to spread them out, gives me more to watch. I do like splurging and watching entire series over a few days though. Did that with the two seasons of Little Busters and it was worth it.

As for the ones on the list, I would say the best ones are Little Busters and K-On. I got WAY too into K-On and I have no idea why.

Kill la Kill is excellent though, once it's finished it'll be very high up the list and is already.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
What shows are you guys watching from the Spring Season?

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I did think you were making fun of MM. I agree it was a fun little watch for an hour.

And yeah but if they included all Pokemon in one, my list wouldn't be dominated with it :p. Most of them are the movies tbf. Origins was good but I agree it was rushed. Should've gone for a full series, even if that was just a typical 12 episodes. As for my favourite movie, I would say the Keldeo one. That also featured Ash the least and the story was about the Pokemon in it rather than Ash... go figure. They could've had the exact same movie without him in it.

I haven't seen that one yet, I'll probably end up seeing all the Pokémon movies eventually but the [anime] series doesn't hold that big of a place in my heart that I'm really itching to go check them out. Plus, I'd want to rewatch the older ones before I get to the newer ones so I could rate them appropriately on my list. Guessing you're not a big Ash fan either. I think I liked him more than Red in Origins, if just for the fact that he didn't try to capture somebody else's Pokémon (can't tell you how hard I faceplam'd at that) but I don't really like Ash. At one point I did like him but I was really young.

For Madoka, I didn't really like the art style of the characters, the faces annoyed me. The characters themselves were great, the music was excellent and the story was good. One of the better ones I've seen. Death Note was good but it went slightly downhill when insert name here died and then suddenly there were a few kiras. Got a bit silly. Still good though. Pro Kyubey? I'll be fair, she made VERY good points but despite that, as a Human I had to dislike them :p. She was quite the cunt but with fair enough points.

Yeah, Madoka's character designs seem to be an acquired taste. One of my friends also said that their faces bothered them and I can see it. Personally, I liked it. Death Note got incredibly boring near the end until the finale. & haha, yeah, within the context of the story, I found it hard not to side with Kyubey.

I agree on disliking having to wait but I got into watching current subbed ones not too long ago and it's good to spread them out, gives me more to watch. I do like splurging and watching entire series over a few days though. Did that with the two seasons of Little Busters and it was worth it.

As for the ones on the list, I would say the best ones are Little Busters and K-On. I got WAY too into K-On and I have no idea why.

Kill la Kill is excellent though, once it's finished it'll be very high up the list and is already.

Despite my stance of hating to wait, I actually ended up starting quick a bit from the spring season outside of Mushishi. Couldn't help myself, I was bored and they were there. I haven't seen K-On yet but it's been on my plan to watch list forever (it's a long list). I'll get to it eventually. Didn't have Little Busters on my plan to watch list so I added it. I'm pretty much always down to give most anime a shot down the road.

I didn't really enjoy most of what I saw from Kill la Kill but I didn't get too far into it (only 6 episodes). I've been hearing conflicting things about how it goes from there but I'll have to wait until I get around to watching more.

What shows are you guys watching from the Spring Season?

I'll be watching Akuma no Riddle, Baby Steps, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Captain Earth, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Haikyuu!!, One Week Friends, Kindaichi Case Files Returns, Mushishi & Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. I also finally started Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so I'll probably end up watching the current season [Stardust Crushers] when I finish the first season.

Reactions: Muur

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I was fine with Ash till he he became a noob again in Unova. He's been good in X/Y though so I hope they make up for a terrible gen in terms of the show. The Keldeo movie was great though. Still didn't need Ash in it though.

The faces was the only thing that bothered me, the designs of the background and the fights and the like was beautiful and it had one one of the best stories ever. I didn't side with Kyueby I just said she had a very good point and if you see it from her side you can get it.

LB was amazing.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Lmfao as of this is a thing

it's fucking terrible too

Wasn't bad for the first bit in the original version with the Japanese voices, then it got dreadful.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Lmso so you've actually seen it? I just skipped through the first episode and was not impressed.