Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
No, I haven't. Didn't have the time or will to watch it.

The only reason DBZ is/was good is because it was a part of everyone's childhood. The story had no plot as well as many plot holes.
When you expand and watch other anime's you realize that Dragonball Z wasn't that good.

I guess so.. But I still love it.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
As for the quality to the story, you haven't seen anything yet. It really gets crazy from the mid-end of the series.

Boy, you weren't kidding. Having finally completed Berserk, I have to say the story was really something special and would've been one of my all-time favorite animes had the story completed because jesus christ that ending killed me (still probably in my top twenty though). I went in knowing it ended on a cliffhanger, and one of the worsts, but there was no way I can prepare to the severity of it. Seriously, fuck you Berserk. I can't imagine a worse cliffhanger existing, I mean, fuck.

Overall, counting everything (story, characters, voice acting, OST, art, animation & personal enjoyment) I'd give Berserk an 8/10. The story was masterfully crafted and several episodes in the latter half left me in awe (particularly episode 19, one of the best episodes I've ever seen in anime), as I've said one of the best in anime, just wish it concluded. For the first half, I only really cared about Guts as a character but as the series went on I started liking Casca, Judeau (probably my second favorite character) & even Griffith (as odd as that may sound). The voice acting in the dub was pretty wonky, some pretty were really good (Guts jumps to mind) but I never really liked Griffith's VA. The OST was pretty good, I really liked this track. The art was normally gorgeous, would've love to see it move way more than it did. The show was clearly had budget issues and it really showed. Ignoring most animation tricks like speed lines, I still have a zero tolerance policy for using still pictures in lieu of actual animation. So many cool finishing moves were dulled do to just being a picture instead of any kind of fluid movement. The pictures looked fine but this is an anime, not a comic book. What's worse is they did it for stuff like when the Band of the Hawks were charging, which I could've accepted if it meant we wouldn't have gotten the pictures during the action sequences but that unfortunately wasn't the case. However, it hardly hindered my enjoyment of the series, it just bothered me a bit when it happened but the story & characters more than make up for it. So yeah, the "ending" is my biggest problem with this series and it's one I really can't forgive.

Episode 19 was the one where Guts & Griffith duel to see if Guts could leave the Hawks. But Guts & Casca's romance was another thing I really loved about the series, as predictable as it was that it'd happen, the execution was just phenomenal. One of my favorite couples in anime in all honesty. Maybe my second two. Oh and Adon was a terrible comic-relief villain, wish he died much sooner than but he provided some good moments so not too bad I suppose. Zodd was bad-ass as all hell.

Since I brought up that I heard it was similar to Gungrave, I can now say that it definitely has several similarities but they're completely different. The biggest difference for me lies in the relationship of the two main characters, Guts/Griffith and Brandon/Harry. With the former, I honestly never felt that much friendship between them but with the latter two their relationship was the strongest part of the series (really emotionally connected to it). If I'd compare them, I'd say Gungrave has better voice acting, animation & maybe OST but Berserk has a better story & characters. Though Gungrave's did actually have an ending, so it has that over Berserk too. Overall, both of them got an 8/10 in my review system but overall I enjoyed Berserk more.

Otherwise, I've watched very little Gurren Lagann, still kind of enjoying it. It's stupid. Read up to the beginning of Skypiea, taking longer for me to catch up then I thought it would, mostly because I like to binge read (like forty-sixty chapters) and I can rarely get motivated to start doing that (it's why I don't tend to read manga often).

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Boy, you weren't kidding. Having finally completed Berserk, I have to say the story was really something special and would've been one of my all-time favorite animes had the story completed because jesus christ that ending killed me (still probably in my top twenty though). I went in knowing it ended on a cliffhanger, and one of the worsts, but there was no way I can prepare to the severity of it. Seriously, fuck you Berserk. I can't imagine a worse cliffhanger existing, I mean, fuck.

Overall, counting everything (story, characters, voice acting, OST, art, animation & personal enjoyment) I'd give Berserk an 8/10. The story was masterfully crafted and several episodes in the latter half left me in awe (particularly episode 19, one of the best episodes I've ever seen in anime), as I've said one of the best in anime, just wish it concluded. For the first half, I only really cared about Guts as a character but as the series went on I started liking Casca, Judeau (probably my second favorite character) & even Griffith (as odd as that may sound). The voice acting in the dub was pretty wonky, some pretty were really good (Guts jumps to mind) but I never really liked Griffith's VA. The OST was pretty good, I really liked this track. The art was normally gorgeous, would've love to see it move way more than it did. The show was clearly had budget issues and it really showed. Ignoring most animation tricks like speed lines, I still have a zero tolerance policy for using still pictures in lieu of actual animation. So many cool finishing moves were dulled do to just being a picture instead of any kind of fluid movement. The pictures looked fine but this is an anime, not a comic book. What's worse is they did it for stuff like when the Band of the Hawks were charging, which I could've accepted if it meant we wouldn't have gotten the pictures during the action sequences but that unfortunately wasn't the case. However, it hardly hindered my enjoyment of the series, it just bothered me a bit when it happened but the story & characters more than make up for it. So yeah, the "ending" is my biggest problem with this series and it's one I really can't forgive.

Episode 19 was the one where Guts & Griffith duel to see if Guts could leave the Hawks. But Guts & Casca's romance was another thing I really loved about the series, as predictable as it was that it'd happen, the execution was just phenomenal. One of my favorite couples in anime in all honesty. Maybe my second two. Oh and Adon was a terrible comic-relief villain, wish he died much sooner than but he provided some good moments so not too bad I suppose. Zodd was bad-ass as all hell.

Since I brought up that I heard it was similar to Gungrave, I can now say that it definitely has several similarities but they're completely different. The biggest difference for me lies in the relationship of the two main characters, Guts/Griffith and Brandon/Harry. With the former, I honestly never felt that much friendship between them but with the latter two their relationship was the strongest part of the series (really emotionally connected to it). If I'd compare them, I'd say Gungrave has better voice acting, animation & maybe OST but Berserk has a better story & characters. Though Gungrave's did actually have an ending, so it has that over Berserk too. Overall, both of them got an 8/10 in my review system but overall I enjoyed Berserk more.

Otherwise, I've watched very little Gurren Lagann, still kind of enjoying it. It's stupid. Read up to the beginning of Skypiea, taking longer for me to catch up then I thought it would, mostly because I like to binge read (like forty-sixty chapters) and I can rarely get motivated to start doing that (it's why I don't tend to read manga often).

They just redid the series in HD and really made it more detailed.from the looks of it they'd a lot more money to play with. You should check it out if you have the chance. If you're interested in how the story progresses from there you can read the continuing Manga, or play Sword of the Berserk for the Dreamcast (really tough game). As for the VAs, I never bother, I always watch it subbed so I can hear the real original emotions. You can't help but lose some of that in the translation.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'll post some OST's that I enjoy from One Piece, Naruto and Case Closed.

Almost all or maybe all of the OST's in One Piece and Case Closed are solid.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
^Some great picks for One Piece's OST, a few of my favorites not mentioned . . .

Just so many awesome villain moments happened with this track playing.

Anything by Brook really, but this is my favorite.

Essentially a faster variant of a track that you posted. Played a lot during Water 7, probably my favorite after Mother Sea (love Overtaken too). The video contains spoilers in the form of pictures for those who haven't gotten to Water 7. I'll spoiler tag these when they it's fixed.

But yeah, One Piece's OST is incredibly solid. Probably my favorite from a shonen series, though DBZ had several solid ones.

They just redid the series in HD and really made it more detailed.from the looks of it they'd a lot more money to play with. You should check it out if you have the chance. If you're interested in how the story progresses from there you can read the continuing Manga, or play Sword of the Berserk for the Dreamcast (really tough game). As for the VAs, I never bother, I always watch it subbed so I can hear the real original emotions. You can't help but lose some of that in the translation.

I'll have to check those moves out then. Don't have a Dreamcast unfortunately, so I'll probably go with the manga. Gotta catch up on One Piece first before I start reading that one (think it has about three hundred or so chapters). I get that, though I don't always agree. Trigun's dub for instance, did a great job of matching the emotions of the original track. I can think of a few anime that I think did better than the original too (excluding the ones universally agreed better dubbed like Cowboy Bebop & Baccano!) but in a lot of cases yeah. Luckily most of my favorite anime have a great dub track as well, so I'm not depressed when I go and compared it to that Japanese track later.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
5770d9baba260b261fbed8a501a7dfbd.jpg

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, Nami's and Robin's aren't the greatest look. And they made Chopper just cuter. I also dislike something about Chopper, but I'll just end up telling it to you when you're done Fishman Island.

Finally know what you're talking about. I kind of put the anime on hold and just read the manga, I've finished both the Fishman Island & Punk Hazard's arc. Started Dressrosa but I'm not far into it at all.

The thing about Chopper being able to control Monster Point at will now (and it's the only thing he needs Rumble balls for), right? Yeah, I wasn't really thrilled about it. Just seemed like too big of an improvement for him, I don't really see how he can get any stronger outside of gaining Haki (and I definitely don't think he should get Haki) but finding out that after the three minutes are up he's paralyzed for quite some time (I don't remember the duration) which balances it enough for me not to have a big problem for it. Oh, and Chopper totally used a Rumble Ball to become gaurd point earlier in the arc.

Overall Fishman Island Arc was really meh. I loved Fisher Tiger's portion of the flashback, the chapter where everyone sans Luffy took out a Fishman (since Luffy already obliterated Hody) & everything in the wrap up from finding out about Shirahoshi being Poseidon, to the whole Akainu & Aokiji thing, etc. But otherwise, nothing really did anything for me, it was really long and just not that interesting. I can't criticize Hody for being a lame villain & a pushover since that was the entire point but I don't think Oda presented it in a way that was entertaining. There was no reason for this arc to be as long as it was. The only villain I liked in this arc was Zeo (Brook's opponent), he's also the only one that's name I remember outside of Decken & Hody.

Not sure where the anime is but my Punk Hazard thoughts may contain spoilers if you're just watching the anime. I'm not really going to go anymore in-depth than I did for FI but still.

This arc is one of the most disappointing arcs for me in the entire series. I absolutely loved it at first. I loved the ramifications of Aokiji vs. Akainu (they took forever to say it despite how obvious it was) making it one of the more interesting islands they visited. I loved the fight with the Dragon. I loved the Law vs. Smoker battle, which is probably one of my favorite fights in the entirety of One Piece. I loved the body switch move that Law did, lead to many funny moments (everything about Sanji in Nami's body was hilarious; laughed at Robin's reaction to Franky in Chopper & Franky just immediately going into Monster Point). The fight with the Yeti Cool Brothers was really fun to but overall I thought it lost a lot of it's luster rather quickly. The kid storyline wasn't that great (wasn't awful and I understand that they had to focus on it as much as they did but still) & I don't like Kin'emon or Momonosuke that much either. They're okay at points. Basically though, everything involving Law or Doflamingo was awesome, both are personal favorites and I like both the more I see them. Smoker was rather good here too. Not sure how I feel about Monte's battle though. On one hand I really like it but couldn't really get behind the whole Zoro not hurting her thing. I'm pretty sure it goes back to the whole "some battles aren't worth fighting" thing like in Jaya (which I still think is stupid but whatever that's his/Luffy's character) but if it turns out it's just a soft spot for women I'm going to be pretty piss as it contradicts Zoro's established character. Vergo was neat.

Caesar Clown was interesting at first but he didn't remain as such and just got too generic. None of the fights were that interesting and while I liked instances of it (Luffy telling Caesar that he's been picking fights with impossible odds that entire way or the Grizzly Maximum) it just took too long to get there and the build for the battle just wasn't that great. I don't really care for Baby 5 either but her DF power is cool. So yeah, expected more from it but I suppose it was a good arc disregarding that. Really nice build up for Dressrosa which I'm hoping is a great arc because so far the time-skip has only provided okay arcs.

*Edit*

Oh, and no I haven't seen Magi (heard about it though) and your DBZ sig is awesome.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Finally know what you're talking about. I kind of put the anime on hold and just read the manga, I've finished both the Fishman Island & Punk Hazard's arc. Started Dressrosa but I'm not far into it at all.

The thing about Chopper being able to control Monster Point at will now (and it's the only thing he needs Rumble balls for), right? Yeah, I wasn't really thrilled about it. Just seemed like too big of an improvement for him, I don't really see how he can get any stronger outside of gaining Haki (and I definitely don't think he should get Haki) but finding out that after the three minutes are up he's paralyzed for quite some time (I don't remember the duration) which balances it enough for me not to have a big problem for it. Oh, and Chopper totally used a Rumble Ball to become gaurd point earlier in the arc.

Overall Fishman Island Arc was really meh. I loved Fisher Tiger's portion of the flashback, the chapter where everyone sans Luffy took out a Fishman (since Luffy already obliterated Hody) & everything in the wrap up from finding out about Shirahoshi being Poseidon, to the whole Akainu & Aokiji thing, etc. But otherwise, nothing really did anything for me, it was really long and just not that interesting. I can't criticize Hody for being a lame villain & a pushover since that was the entire point but I don't think Oda presented it in a way that was entertaining. There was no reason for this arc to be as long as it was. The only villain I liked in this arc was Zeo (Brook's opponent), he's also the only one that's name I remember outside of Decken & Hody.

Not sure where the anime is but my Punk Hazard thoughts may contain spoilers if you're just watching the anime. I'm not really going to go anymore in-depth than I did for FI but still.

This arc is one of the most disappointing arcs for me in the entire series. I absolutely loved it at first. I loved the ramifications of Aokiji vs. Akainu (they took forever to say it despite how obvious it was) making it one of the more interesting islands they visited. I loved the fight with the Dragon. I loved the Law vs. Smoker battle, which is probably one of my favorite fights in the entirety of One Piece. I loved the body switch move that Law did, lead to many funny moments (everything about Sanji in Nami's body was hilarious; laughed at Robin's reaction to Franky in Chopper & Franky just immediately going into Monster Point). The fight with the Yeti Cool Brothers was really fun to but overall I thought it lost a lot of it's luster rather quickly. The kid storyline wasn't that great (wasn't awful and I understand that they had to focus on it as much as they did but still) & I don't like Kin'emon or Momonosuke that much either. They're okay at points. Basically though, everything involving Law or Doflamingo was awesome, both are personal favorites and I like both the more I see them. Smoker was rather good here too. Not sure how I feel about Monte's battle though. On one hand I really like it but couldn't really get behind the whole Zoro not hurting her thing. I'm pretty sure it goes back to the whole "some battles aren't worth fighting" thing like in Jaya (which I still think is stupid but whatever that's his/Luffy's character) but if it turns out it's just a soft spot for women I'm going to be pretty piss as it contradicts Zoro's established character. Vergo was neat.

Caesar Clown was interesting at first but he didn't remain as such and just got too generic. None of the fights were that interesting and while I liked instances of it (Luffy telling Caesar that he's been picking fights with impossible odds that entire way or the Grizzly Maximum) it just took too long to get there and the build for the battle just wasn't that great. I don't really care for Baby 5 either but her DF power is cool. So yeah, expected more from it but I suppose it was a good arc disregarding that. Really nice build up for Dressrosa which I'm hoping is a great arc because so far the time-skip has only provided okay arcs.

*Edit*

Oh, and no I haven't seen Magi (heard about it though) and your DBZ sig is awesome.
The Fishman Arc was just to show everyone how strong The Strawhats have gotten in two years. Not much to say about it, but the anime was probably worse than the manga. Also, I read the manga. Just a heads up, One Piece's anime pacing is terrible going forward. Also, wasn't too huge a fan of Punk Hazard. Sanji always saving the day was probably my favourite part or Zoro slicing Monet.

Also, thought you might want to check out this theory.

This theory is quite strange(and not mine,i did only some changes) but it is made with a lot of proves!(sorry for the fail english)
THEORY:
it's about the INHERITED WILL AND THE VOID CENTURY(about from the middle of the text and after the one piece is explained)

Let’s summarize things first :

As we know, there was an age called “The Void Century” in OP’s world timeline. Except Roger’s pirate, not a single living soul on this planet have any idea what the really happened within that gap.

However an Oharan archelogoist, Profesor Clover, had a slight hint about it. He told us that in that time there was once stood a prosperous and powerful ancient kingdom that ruled over the ocean. However, They had a certain enemy. This enemy felt threaten by the kingdoms existence and their certain ‘policy’. So then they invaded the kingdom and succeded. The kingdom was fallen to shred and somehow, the enemy managed to wipe out every single information about them from history.

Coincidentally, The end of the kingdom’s reign also marked the end of The Void Century. At the same time, an organization called The World Government was built for the first time. Clover had a theory that the WG was none other than the enemy itself.

Now let’s enter the theory :

"THE HIDDEN PATTERN"

There are 3 things that cannot be stopped :

Men’s Dream
The Flow of Time
Inherited Will

As long as people continue to seek the true meaning of freedom, they will never ceased to be!

-- Gol D. Roger --

As these words first appeared in chapter 100, they seems pretty meaningless tome. I took them as nothing more than some random cool quotes.

However, as sthe story goes deeper, I realized (and some of you might have figured it out as well) that One Piece story has been consistenly following those 3 things : Man’s Dream, The Flow of Time, Inherited Will.

Let’s see :
1. Hiluluk's Sakura

Hiluluk had an impossible goal, and that was to create a panacea capable of curing all kind of diseases or ilness. however his experiments were keep failing and failing for 30 years. though eventually, Hiluluk's Sakura was bloomed, it is still not a miracle cure. Chopper who greatly respect to Dr. Hiluluk inherited these will by setting sail and joining Luffy.

2. Golden Bell of Shandorian

Two best friends parted away on the shores of Jaya. Their friendship didn’t end here, they promised to meet again someday. Calgara kept ringing the golden bell so his friend wouldn't get lost in his way there. Unfortunately, the fate decided to send Island of Jaya 10.000 m above the sky. Calgara died in the war, while Norland was executed in his hometown. Their promise were totally buried.

400 years later, a boy named Luffy succesfully found and ring the long lost bell, thus fulfilling the forgotten promise.

3. All Blue

Zeff wanted to find the legendary all blue, but a year of sailing the grand line hasn’t bear him any fruit. However he was still pretty assured that the ocean exists somewhere in this world, so he inherited his dream to Sanji, hoping that Sanji will achieve his dream someday in the future.
I only picked 3 examples, but there are actually more of them. So, anyone captured the big picture I’m getting at? or not? well, Here is what I meant :

1. in the past, there’s someone who had a certain dream/desire/promise, but for a reason or two they didn’t manage to complete it (Man’s Dream)

2. the dream was delayed for many years (The Flow of Time)

3. Eventually, there will be someone in the future who will complete his/her dream (Inherited Will)
That’s right, starting from the first chapter up till now, the storyline has ALWAYS been following this very pattern. I’m quite surprised myself, we’ve been through this pattern over and over again, though I’m sure fery few people are awared of it. I call it “the golden pattern” (because Gold Roger created it).

This made me think, wouldn’t Roger has the pattern of his own as well? My curiosity was finally answered in chapter 576.

dc1f8c41263cea06ec401799061ad90c.jpg

6b9b0181fc1de0d068d4c89ceccfa725.jpg

So apperantly Roger had this will, a will that has been inherited for hundred years. And he waited for certain somoene to carry on this will… somehow it also has something to do with One Piece.

So what’s is this all about? What was Roger’s will exactly?

"ROGER’S DREAM"

The Golden Pattern (starting from here everything is 100% theory)

MEN’S DREAM
Roger’s will that Whitebeard was talking about, it actually wasn’t his original will. Roger inherited it as well from waaay back then, from 800 years ago to be precised. Yes, it was originally the will of The Ancient Kingdom (let’s call it AK from now on).

The AK was a big kingdom, it ruled over almost the whole world (just like WG does now). They apparently also had a pretty-advanced civilization. One could say that there’s almost nothing they couldn’t achieve with everthing they got at the time.

However they had an issue. As we know, the planet of OP contains of big four seas, east, west, north, and south, each were separated by the Red Line and the Grand Line. The AK saw Red Line and Grand Line as a big obstacle because they have been been preventing people from traveling from one sea to another, thus preventing the AK from reaching its full prosperity as well.

And So they made this project, an insane one, but has to be done. The project was about eliminating the Red Line and Grand Line to fuse the 4 seas into one big ocean, the united ocean. The called it the project of “One Piece”. In order to do so, they started to build some weapons which will be strong enough to destroy the red line (later called Ancient Weapons)

It turned out that not everybody was pleased by this project.. you know, politics. Some other kingdoms were totally against it, they smell a conspiracy was playing behind it. But the AK stood their ground no matter what. Guess what happened next? a huge war broke out. It’s the AK vs 20 kingdoms who were against the prject of "One Piece”.

The 20 kingdoms came out as the victor and they declared themselves as The World Government. Meanwhile the AK was reduced to shred, along with all their historiy, and the “One Piece” project was never heard again since then.

THE FLOW OF TIME
Unexpectedly, The AK has anticipated their downfall. Before the war begun they had carved historical notes on these certain metals which as hard as diamond(later called the poneglyphs) and hid them throughout the world, along with the weapons they’ve built. The AK really wanted to make sure that their desire wouldn’t die in case of anything bad happened to them.

the WG was mad with this fact and completetely prohibit any form of poneglyph dechipering.

but it's too late, the will has been passing through ages since then… silently waiting for someone to recieve the massage.

THE INHERITED WILL
800 years has passed, a pirate named Roger sucessfully reach Raftel and discovered the true history. He knows exactly what to do, but unfortunately his body didn’t allow him to… he had this incurable disease, remember? whereas the project needs a lot of power and time to complete, 2 things that Roger didn’t have that time.

Therefore, he decided to create The Golden Age of Piracy instead, hoping that there will appear someone who is strong and righteous enough to complete the massage in his place.

Who will be that ‘someone’? I think we all know the answer.

"THE PROJECT OF ONE PIECE"

Now… how exactly does this project work? Will fusing 4 seas into a united ocean make Luffy’s journey worthy?

Let me explain it… It’s gonna be a bit technical so I’ll include some ilustrations.

So here is roughly how the globe looks like.

opgeoglobemb1.jpg

Chapter 51, page 4

opnsewbluept8.jpg

Chapter 71, page 4

And this is the flat(word?) version :

33f05b3652fffa760194db4b299c732a.jpg

The idea of “One Piece” is to create a united ocean, a perfect ocean to sail. Therefore we have two jobs : fusing all the seas into one and eliminating Grand Line abnormality. GL’s abnormality? Is that even possible?

Apparently it is possible for the AK scientists. The trick is destroy a spot where every sea on the planet (north, west, east, south, grand line, new world, and calm belt) meet in one place. There is a spot like that? Actually, there are two, and both need to be destroyed. The two spots are reverse mountain and mariejoa/fishman island.

a simple ilustration :

de2b7a61acab51a6107e35005f0e0959.jpg

And here is the meeting spot, the circled area one :

64fe52ad6c4dbf6caab6a071b1911f2f.jpg

Think for a moment there… It made sense right? Mariejoa/fishman island also has a similar geography (minus the reverse canals).

The meeting spot are set. Next, the ancient weapons will do their job : annihilating those spots.

Ok let’s do it to reverse mountain first… FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

3d0786e6fa2084e555ae51f8c188858e.jpg

Even with the mighty power of the ancient weapons, the annihilation must be calculated and done correctly to get the wanted effect. If succeed, this what will happen next :

bfcf7c5387012e38aa8c139dd30c7ad2.jpg

Losing a huge mass of land, The sea became even more unstable than before, a big whirlpool will appeared on the center of destruction spot, storms and tidal wave occuring everywhere. However they’re only temporary, after a couple days the raging storm shall be subsided.

And then, the magic began…

disastrous random-weather on grand line and NW suddenly doesn’t occur anymore
the magnetic field which make a normal compass useless are completely gone
Even the wind starting to blow on Calm Belt

How about sea monsters? Well, this is the time where Poseidon come to play. The Poseidon has fully taken control of the sea king and make them some kind of ‘police’ of the ocean to prevent other sea monsters from going wild. (yes I do think this is very possible)

The ideal united ocean is finally created . The project of One Piece officialy succeeded!!

But is that it???

It’s not. There’s actually one more after-effect, and it’s the most important one.

The big whirlpool that appeared after the destruction of reverse mountain, It happened because the water mass of the four seas simultaneously flowed into the center of destruction -- the place where reverse mountain was stood once. Logically, that means every kind of living things which originally lives in four seas were brought there as well. You literally could find every fish species from all over the world here.

Wait, was that sounds familiar? Exactly, the destruction spot has became that legendary mythical sea…

a12b743cd7d6c17defcc3699608b1f77.jpg

The United Ocean and the legendary All Blue

At least 6 of Strawhats’s dream will be accomplished because of these achievementt.

Luffy -> he wanted to be the pirate king, “the man who has the most freedom in the ocean”. now that the ocean has been united, Luffy has literally achieved this feat.

Sanji -> it's obvious, he finally found the All Blue

Nami -> now that the entire ocean is free to sail, drawing world map is not so impossible anymore

Franky -> same reason with Nami, Sunny now can travel all over the world

Robin -> all of this happened because she found out the true history

Brook -> Ever wonder how Brook will return to the Twin Cape to meet Laboon? It seems impossible because the reverse mountain was in the way. But now, it’s GONE! They’ll meet again with ease, Bink’s Sake will be played along their emotional reunion. It will be a perfect moment.

How do you think??

Now how about the spot at mariejo/fishman island ??

“THE PROMISED DAY”

d1872074584827f4faece688ab83233c.jpg

6a6ddb53e9efe44fb9ab3cde75697c62.jpg

This mermaid… she didn’t lie at all. nor she’s wrong. She was actually foreseeing the event we’ve been talking about : the project of One Piece. And It is indeed Luffy who will trigger the event.

The ancestor of FI were actually well awared of this upcoming event.

How so? Here’s another theory : Joy Boy, he was actually the king of the AK.

Ok I know that sounds so random. There’s a theory for that but let’s save it for later…

Like a said, destroying both reverse mountain and fishman island is a must to complet the project. Therefore, King Joy Boy made a proposal of destroying FI to the former mermaid princess, Poseidon. She agreed but as an exchange she asked Joy Boy to move her people to a better place on the surface. Joy Boy gave a nod and started building Noah Arc afterwards.

Joy Boy managed to finish Noah but short after his kingdom lost a great battle against the 20 kingdoms. The promised cannot be fullfilled and he apoligized to Poseidon through poneglyph. However he still promised her “that day” would eventually come in the future, the day when fishmen and mermen live under the sun.

(You see that Oda used the another “golden pattern” again here)

Conclusion : “The promised day” and madam shirley’s prediction, they are actually the same thing.

The scenario is pretty simple : at “the promised day” Luffy will trigger the attack on the destruction spot, but before that, Shirahoshi will command the seaking to move all of the FI’s citizen to a safer place (by using Noah).

Once destroyed, the same magic which happened to reverse mountain spot will also be happened here. The All Blue will appear, replacing the destruction spot. mermen and fishmen will move here later and make a brand new civilization around the Sunny Tree of Eve (if Sunny Tree has the same reputation with Adam tree, it will completely survive the destruction. There are ilustrations for this but I lost it somewhere ).

Meanwhile, this also marked the end of WG’s reign because Mariejoa --the prime symbol of WG-- was buried alongside FI in the process. Luffy finally won his war against the WG.

opfishmanislandlocationoq4.jpg

If you look from above, both mariejoa and fishman island are located on the same place. Destruction are inevitable for both.

256d3cca6a71908db12e1bbfba3e44f0.jpg

A = Sunny Tree of Eve
B = the Red Line
C = underwater part of Red Line
D = Fishman Island
E = underwater cave
F = holy land Mariejoa

I actually had more ilustrations explaining the destruction in process, but I lost’em somewhere.

well to make it simple, everthing in this pic will be completely destroyed, except the sunny tree.
anyway, I want to add a bit more theory, about the AK.

The AK, did they really extinct from history?

In Robin’s flashback

619f7659f1a8bce22dfd823b955bb228.jpg

2ea90018a010a5c208e322c69143ecb7.jpg

Clover was about to reveal the kingdom’s name when he was shot by Spandine.

you know, It always seems a bit odd to me that gorosei felt threaten by revelation of the name alone. But it could means one thing : the kingdom is actually still exist until now. Gorosei are awared that people could recognize the name. Or even us readers could recognize it for that matter.

if the later was true, it means the kingdom name was mentioned somewhere before the W7 arc… let’s see, we have Arabasta, Drum, Shandora, and probably Raftel (it could be a kingdom’s name)

Beetwen the four, which one of them could be the AK? Apparently, a few facts about Shandoroa match the description of AK the most.
Shandora was collapsed 800 years ago after a big war with certain enemy (the AK was collapsed at that time as well)
Judging by the ancient picture of Bilca on the moon, the origin of Shandora, they apparently had an advanced-civilization with all that futuristic stuff (just like how Clover pictured the AK)
Shandora was once a prosperous kingdom 1000 years ago

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Fishman Arc was just to show everyone how strong The Strawhats have gotten in two years. Not much to say about it, but the anime was probably worse than the manga. Also, I read the manga. Just a heads up, One Piece's anime pacing is terrible going forward. Also, wasn't too huge a fan of Punk Hazard. Sanji always saving the day was probably my favourite part or Zoro slicing Monet.

Yeah, wish Oda structured the story differently so that it could've been over much faster. Forgot about Sanji's badass moment, loved when he saved Tashigi from Vergo. Sanji's always been my favorite character and for my money he's easily been the best part of the time-skip (Law's probably second best thing already).

The anime pacing being horrible doesn't surprise me, it wasn't that great when I stopped and Impel Down & Marineford had a ton of problems (I was really surprised when I read the manga versions, almost none of the Buggy stuff happened in the manga). The people who adapt the anime are kind of Blue, I have zero idea why they only adapted three of the cover stories considering the vast majority of them have had plot relevance or will have plot relevance (CP9's independent report [my favorite cover story] for example, I highly doubt that they won't show back up [as a matter of fact, one of the silhouettes watching Caesar's Smile project looked like Rob Lucci]) instead of just going one chapter per episode. And that theory makes it possible that Eneru will be showing up again too.

Speaking of which that theory is incredible. I'm not 100% sold but it's definitely plausible and I wouldn't be bothered by that direction at all. The Revolutionaries are surely going to play some massive role in that if it is indeed the case which just sounds fantastic. But I love any theory about the Void Century since in my opinion, it's the most interesting thing about One Piece.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's my top 10, if you're interested. If you'd like an explaination on any, I will provide one for you!

10. Sword Art Online

9. Cowboy Bepop

8. Bleach

7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

6. Monster

5. Samurai Champloo

4. Elfen Lied

3. Death Note

2. Code Geass

1. One Piece

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, wish Oda structured the story differently so that it could've been over much faster. Forgot about Sanji's badass moment, loved when he saved Tashigi from Vergo. Sanji's always been my favorite character and for my money he's easily been the best part of the time-skip (Law's probably second best thing already).

The anime pacing being horrible doesn't surprise me, it wasn't that great when I stopped and Impel Down & Marineford had a ton of problems (I was really surprised when I read the manga versions, almost none of the Buggy stuff happened in the manga). The people who adapt the anime are kind of Blue, I have zero idea why they only adapted three of the cover stories considering the vast majority of them have had plot relevance or will have plot relevance (CP9's independent report [my favorite cover story] for example, I highly doubt that they won't show back up [as a matter of fact, one of the silhouettes watching Caesar's Smile project looked like Rob Lucci]) instead of just going one chapter per episode. And that theory makes it possible that Eneru will be showing up again too.

Speaking of which that theory is incredible. I'm not 100% sold but it's definitely plausible and I wouldn't be bothered by that direction at all. The Revolutionaries are surely going to play some massive role in that if it is indeed the case which just sounds fantastic. But I love any theory about the Void Century since in my opinion, it's the most interesting thing about One Piece.
I haven't read that theory in a while, so I forgot if they had this theory. Apparently Dragon is one of the ancient weapons as we saw from his DF ability which is weather I believe.

Could explain why he's the most dangerous criminal. I'd personally like One Piece to focus more on the history of the void century. Just so intriguing. By the way, there's another theory I'll post here when you're caught up to the manga.

Here's my top 10, if you're interested. If you'd like an explaination on any, I will provide one for you!

10. Sword Art Online

9. Cowboy Bepop

8. Bleach

7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

6. Monster

5. Samurai Champloo

4. Elfen Lied

3. Death Note

2. Code Geass

1. One Piece

Nice, we got another One Piece fan. You caught up?

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I haven't read that theory in a while, so I forgot if they had this theory. Apparently Dragon is one of the ancient weapons as we saw from his DF ability. Weather I believe. Could explain why he's the most dangerous criminal. I'd personally like One Piece to focus more on the history of the void century. Just so intriguing. By the way, there's another theory I'll post here when you're caught up.

Nice, we got another One Piece fan. You caught up?
No, I hated waiting weekly for Bleach so I decided not to catch up in OP. I'm in the middle of the great war at the moment.

Reactions: CM Punk

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well to Anime and Manga, huge DBZ fan but right now I'm hard into Naruto and Attack on Titan.