Official album/song/video review thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Big Sean
Album: Finally Famous
Grade: A

Top 5 favorite tracks: Celebrity, I Do It, So Much More, My House, Don't Tell Me You Love Me.
Been catching up on a lot of his music before I listened to this and got to say he's become one of my favorite artist. Got to be the most entertaining rapper with his lyrics. A lot of great production on this album he delivered on the beats for the most part. Wasn't a fan of the Ass Dance song but pretty much liked all the rest of the songs.

Starbuck

Reaction score
Live at the Fillmore - the Allman Brothers Band
A+, 110%, 12/12

This has got to be one of the best live albums in the history of music, there's no denying the musical connection at this historic concert that spanned over a weekend over forty years ago. Brothers Duane and Gregg formed this jam band with intentions of just covering their favorite songs and teaching people that the magic of improvisation can make any band look stellar. But they couldn't do it alone, as Dickey Betts plays lead guitar alongside Duane Allman, brother Gregg plays the organ, Berry Oakley melodically grooves on the bass while drummers Butch Trucks and Jai Johnson lay down beats. Guest musicians Thom Doucette (harmonica) and Steve Miller (piano... yes, the Steve Miller) are briefly noticed on a couple tracks, too. Two discs was enough to put out, but I'm telling ya that there were a lot more songs than that played at the Fillmore. They were have said to go on 6 to 8 hours for three nights, closing the show out. Stand out tracks? I can't even tell ya, but I'll recommend you listen to One Way Out, Stormy Monday, Statesboro Blues, You Don't Love Me/Soul Serenade and the overwhelming blend of everything right contained in the 33 minute-long Mountain Jam. Listen to this, if you love blues, jazz, classical, rock and roll or anything that has pure emotion and feel in the playing and music itself, you'll find it here.

Kairi

Reaction score
album - here i am
artist - kelly rowland
grade b

solid album i thought and damn good effort from kelly

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Drake
Song: Headlines
Grade: C

1st single from his Take Care album and overall I say it's a average to above average song. Not something I think is gonna create big buzz for his album but it is a solid track. Two songs in Trust Issues and Marvins Room imo were better choices for singles rather than throwaway tracks like they ended up being.

Kairi

Reaction score
Watch The Throne
B +

I normally hate when two famous people get together but this album was nice. Love the song Made It In Amercia off the track it's probably my favorite cause Frank Ocean made it extra nice.

Kairi

Reaction score
boy in detention mixtape

C

--

it's odd for me when chris raps but he had some nice lines and the beats were cool

Kairi

Reaction score
song - she will
artist lil wayne ft drake
grade - C

i want wayne to come hard on this carter iv album and so far i'm not getting that vibe. it's a decent single choice at best if he chooses it but not liking weezy, need something awesome from him soon

Kairi

Reaction score
gucci gucci remix

original song is by kreyshawn ; remix is by trey songz

trey just needs to stop trying to rap, sorry i like you trey but for this you get a zero

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Jay-Z and Kanye West
Album: Watch The Throne
Grade: C+

This was one of the most looked forward to albums of the year and while it has some solid songs on it I expected more considering the guys involved. The album wasn't bad but it wasn't as great as it should have been. So will give it a C+ probably will listen to it again to see if I was right or wrong on the grade or not but as it stands now there was no classic song on the album and I was expecting a few.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd say I agree with your rating, but I might go up to a B grade. I wasn't expecting much seeing as how they turned the idea from a little project into an album over buzz. It also came out in less than a year then it was announced which usually doesn't help Rappers like this. I am enjoying Kanye's production on it and seeing how this is much better than Dark Twisted Fantasy. I hated how just about every song was about 10 minutes long full of Rappers that weren't Kanye. I can't even call it a solo album. This was a step above that nonsense and probably better than Jay-Z's last three CDs.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Drake & Nicki Minaj
Song: Make Me Proud

Song has grew on me a little bit compared to when I first listened to it and makes for a good single. Song probably could have been better but has a catchy hook that works for the song and did just enough to be a decent track.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Wale
Album: Ambition

Has some nice beats on it and he does good on some songs but just really pails in comparison to his first album that was just better in everyway. One of the main things is it lacked the subject matter that Attention Deficit had and got really away from on this album which I kind of expected moving to MMG. So it's a average album to me that didn't have any true standout tracks and doesn't hold a lot of replay value.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Nipsey Hussle
Mixtape: TMC (part 2)
Grade: C+

Solid mixtape but probably will say it's his weakest one to date. Could use some better beat selection on a few tracks. Hoping he'll finally just go ahead and put an album out already.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Artist: Drake
Album: Take Care
Grade: B

Actually find this better than his first album. Made the right choice having 40 produce most of the album though tbh given how amazing his production is he should have a whole album produced by him. "Look What You've Done" imo is the best track on the album though Lord Knows has the best produced track on it. A few songs on that do nothing for me such as Headlines and HYFR but overall a really good album.

Top 3 songs:
1. Look What You've Done
2. Doing It Wrong
3. Lord Knows

Kairi

Reaction score
talk that talk leaked so i listened to it
artist : rihanna
grade: c

while i like some of the songs on it, i feel that something more needs to be expected from rihanna by now as opposed to her sexual songs. overall cd is okay though.