Official 8/18 Impact Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
- What will be the fallout from the brutal attack by Ric Flair's "Fortune" on the Hardcore Originals this past week? Will all hell break loose in TNA Wrestling? Sources tell us Fourtune plan to speak out about their attack on the broadcast!

- There will be a major update on the condition of TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam following the horrific injuries he suffered at the hands of Abyss

- Plus, in a rematch, new Knockouts Champion Angelina Love will defend the gold against former titleholder Madison Rayne!

[YT]TtGTeTeuvjs&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much hyped for the episode, but I hope to god they have a good follow up to that angle last week. Fortune is finally starting to look good. KEEP IT UP!!!!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah. What better way to hype the show than to do post what the company says. (leaving myself wide open there for obvious attacks. Who strikes 1st?)

...god...

Reaction score
That's actually really sad because TNA was VERY good this week. Awesome tournament, awesome finishes (Kurt Angle vs. Douglas Williams was the shit). Fucking freaked for Angelina/Velvet reuniting, they built it up perfectly and it's probably the most I've ever been excited for something involving women's wrestling, hopefully they won't drag out this masked shit too long (see: Joey Mercury). Fortune beating up all the old guys was so symbolically nice, maybe TNA telling the fans something as a whole. But most of all, the tournament looks bad ass: Angle, Hardy, Pope, Anderson, pretty much TNA's elite right there, and I'm happy to see that it's probably going to come down to Angle and Anderson. Possibly re-heel turn with Anderson cheating to fire Angle? It's always what he wanted and he failed before, it would be perfect and then Anderson wins the gold (who truly I'd like to see win other than Pope who I doubt will win, but he could chase the title nicely for a culmination). Hardy's fat, like his brother, so fuck that and this would be the best way for Angle to wrap up with TNA, going out in facing the guy he had like the greatest feud with earlier this year.

Also, don't know why AJ couldn't beat Tommy fucking Dreamer clean.

Reaction score
I really don't like 4 faces left in the tournmanet, seems like silly booking but I bet this is where Kennedy turns.

What happened to that push Lethal was getting?

Hogan, Jarrett, Nash and Sting bore me to sleep, every week.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
What is this stuff that Hogan, Sting, Jarrett, and Nash are talking about. I literally just tone them out cause I don't care but the shit went on forever. The best part about that segment was Fortune taking them all out. How great are they now btw. I thought it was just EV 2.0 that they wanted out but it's all the old fucks taking up their tv time.

Angle, Dinero, Anderson, and Hardy in the finals? I can dig that. I would have rather Hardy be substituted with Wolfe, but he's been jobbed to heel. I'm hoping we get Angle vs Dinero in the finals with Dinero going over. If that's the main event of the ppv, I'd order it.

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ Agreed about Angle/Pope, that would be a main event for BFG that i'd order but it would only work if Pope goes over.

iMPACT! this past Thursday was great btw, I enjoyed it from top to bottom. Obviously it wasn't a perfect show, but the overall direction of TNA is improving recently