Official 2020 NFL Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
It's official. Multiple news sources has confirmed that Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, after 17 seasons in the league.

It's a shame that he never won the Super Bowl. The 2007 AFC Championship Game was the closest that he got there.

Aside from that, he had a stellar career, passing for 6,4440 yards, passing for 421 touchdowns and 209 interceptions, a successful 95.2 career passing rating and throwing over 4,000 yards in 12 out of 17 seasons.

That's still an outstanding career for Rivers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I may have made fun of Phillip Rivers for most of his career but man sure did have a helluva one

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I honestly thought he would have a few more years left in him - he must of jumped before he was pushed.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Deshaun really doesn't deserve to be held down by the Texans anymore, I'll agree

• Wow

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Deshaun Watson for Kirk Cousins and 2 1st Round Draft Picks confirmed.

:heston

Yeah right lol. If only.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Looks like the Eagles found their new head coach.
The Philadelphia Eagles are hiring Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni to be the team's next head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

Sirianni, 39, spent three seasons as an assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs, five seasons with the Chargers and the past three with the Colts.

He replaces Doug Pederson, who was fired Jan. 11 after going 4-11-1 in his fifth season with the team. He went 46-39-1 and won the Super Bowl during the 2017 season -- the first of three straight playoff appearances for the Eagles under Pederson.

ESPN

Also, news from the Bleacher Report has reported that the Steelers has signed Dwayne Haskins.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Dwayne Haskins as the Steeler's starting QB? :heston

Yeah, I think the Steelers are straight fucked for the next few years. JuJu is gonna be gone, their defense isn't getting any younger, and they don't have the guy who had been *the* franchise for over 15 years.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Dwayne Haskins as the Steeler's starting QB? :heston

Yeah, I think the Steelers are straight fucked for the next few years. JuJu is gonna be gone, their defense isn't getting any younger, and they don't have the guy who had been *the* franchise for over 15 years.
I think they will unless they bring in a quarterback to replace Big Ben. Both Haskins and Rudolph can't hold the torch for #7 when he calls it a career. But yes, they need somebody that can lead the team to success in the future.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Looks like the Eagles found their new head coach.

Also, news from the Bleacher Report has reported that the Steelers has signed Dwayne Haskins.

I'm happy they finally found their Coach then I was like who..

Now researching where he came from I look forward if he can help create some Magic for our Offense. I know the team really...really wanted Duce Staley as Coach, but he worked with Frank Reich who I give high praise towards in helping us win a SB a few Years ago. Ask Carson if he would of loved him back on our Staff he had his MVP like Season when he was there. Now we need a Defensive Coach to get us back to to looking like a tough Defense rather than a one lifeless at times.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Here's some news that's been going on lately in the NFL:

- Patricia's reunited with Belichick.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Matt Patricia, who was fired as Detroit Lions head coach in November before the completion of his third year on the job, is returning to the New England Patriots' coaching staff in 2021, a source confirmed.

Patricia had been an assistant on Bill Belichick's staff from 2004 to 2017 before landing the Lions job. In Detroit, he posted a 13-29-1 record, with one of those victories coming over Belichick's Patriots early in his first season.

Patricia, 46, had most recently served as the Patriots' defensive coordinator from 2012 to 2017, and in his absence, Belichick hasn't given that title to another coach. But Belichick referenced this past season that his son Steve, the outside linebackers coach, was calling the defense.

Also, inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo has a significant role. Mayo, 34, is considered a coach on the rise, as evidenced by his recent interview with the Philadelphia Eagles for their head-coaching opening that went to Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni.

Patricia's return mirrors, in part, what came in 2014, when Belichick hired Michael Lombardi -- his former director of player personnel with the Cleveland Browns (1991-95) -- as an assistant to the head coach.

The familiarity that Lombardi had with Belichick, and the team's overall system, made his transition into the organization rather seamless.

The Boston Globe first reported Patricia's return.

ESPN

- It's confirmed by multiple sources that Mahomes is out of concussion protocol and is ready to play in the AFC Championship Game against the Bills.

- Antonio Brown won't be playing in the NFC Championship Game after suffering a knee injury against the Saints, in the Divisional Round.

-
Vance McDonald announces retirement from the NFL after 8 seasons.

All sources are confirmed by ESPN.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Patricia comes back home to Daddy after figuring out he didn't have the tools to be a Head Coach right now. Sucks no Brown we want to see the best players on the field and not let any doubt happen when the whistle blows who was the better team on Sunday. Eric Bieniemy is still the best Coach out there and it's maddening to me how he hasn't been signed from the Learning Tree from Reid. I know why and it sad that some of these Coaches with less than a pedigree than him are getting signed by Teams rolling the dice on them, but not doing the same for him.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Chiefs Super Bowl victory confirmed

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
The Matthew Stafford era in Detroit appears to be coming to an end.

After meetings in recent weeks in which Stafford expressed a desire for a fresh start, the Lions understood his position and plan to begin discussing trade options in the coming weeks for their star quarterback, per sources.

The sides have had open and healthy discussions since the season ended. But with the Lions starting over again, hiring Dan Campbell as head coach and Brad Holmes as general manager, Stafford told the team he feels it's the right time to move on and team officials agreed, per sources.

The Lions also own the No. 7 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft and are well-positioned to maneuver and target their next franchise QB. The team just made a long-term commitment to Campbell with a six-year contract. Holmes got a five-year deal.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 draft, Stafford has spent his entire 12-year career in Detroit, setting franchise records with 45,109 passing yards and 282 touchdown passes while playing through a myriad of injuries under three different head coaches (four including interim coach Darrell Bevell last season) and making just three playoff appearances without a win.

Despite Stafford's age and injury history, there figures to be a strong trade market if the Lions are willing to move him. He has two years and $43 million left on his contract – a bargain price for a quarterback who is still playing at a high level. Among others, the Broncos, Colts, Panthers, Patriots, Saints and Washington Football Team enter 2021 with significant QB questions.

Any trade would likely happen prior to the fifth day of the 2021 league year in March, when Stafford is due a $10 million roster bonus. The Lions would carry $19 million in dead money on their salary cap in 2021, but a trade would yield a savings of $14 million in cap space and $20 million in cash at a time the NFL's salary cap is expected to drop.

Stafford started all 16 games last season despite playing through rib, right thumb, ankle and neck injuries. None of those injuries are expected to require offseason surgery, a source said.

NFL
It's a shame that the Lions are parting way with Stafford. Then again, I think it was best for them to have a fresh new start in 2021, with new Lions HC Dan Campbell and the direction they are heading.

For Stafford, I think he'll easily get another starting job as QB in the league. He's still playing above average, he's 32, he needs to be with the right team with a good receiving core around him.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Stafford to the Vikings, I can just see the headlines now.