Official 2020 NFL Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Congrats Doom you think Henry has another dominating performance in him this Weekend? I think he does, The Patriots better not sleep on The Titans!
The Patriots rushing defense is still pretty solid despite their struggles these in December. He's the best running back this season, I hope he puts up a top notch performance against them.

Rivera is the right man for the job. I think players will want to come in and play for him more vs the previous Coaches they have hired. Jack Del Rio as Defensive Coordinator puts it over the top great signs, now it's time to load up on talent on both sides of the ball.
Great hire by the Redskins. He'll bring new life to the organization as they have really struggled to get back in the playoffs since 2015. Even worse, they haven't won a playoff game since 2005. He'll get this team back to their winning ways.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Patriots rushing defense is still pretty solid despite their struggles these in December. He's the best running back this season, I hope he puts up a top notch performance against them.

Great hire by the Redskins. He'll bring new life to the organization as they have really struggled to get back in the playoffs since 2015. Even worse, they haven't won a playoff game since 2005. He'll get this team back to their winning ways.

Yup and we could be seeing before next Season a new Cowboys and Giants Coach. Pretty crazy if it happens to see such a change in a Season with Coaches in one Division.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Maybe I'm missing the boat on this, but what about Ron Rivera is exactly exciting? Despite having great years in 2013, 2015, and 2018, if you take away those three seasons, he's 38-53-1 as head coach. I get I'm taking away their best years, but at the same time, if I just take away 2015, he's 61-62. He's an extremely mediocre coach that got by because he had arguably one of the best quarterbacks of this generation bailing him out.

Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.

Reactions: Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
It looks like the Cowboys and Jason Garrett has met its end:

Jason Garrett's time with the Dallas Cowboys is coming to an end.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that after showing an "abundance of care and respect" for Garrett, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have decided the coach will not be part of the organization moving forward.

According to multiple sources, the Joneses and Garrett did not have their scheduled meeting at The Star on Thursday after meeting on Monday and Tuesday without any resolution on the coach's status. Garrett's contract is set to expire on Jan. 14 and his status with the team has been an issue since last February when the Cowboys opted not to offer him an extension.

The Cowboys missed the playoffs in 2019 and finished 8-8 for the fourth time in Garrett's nine seasons as coach. He will finish as the second-longest tenured and second-most winningest coach in team history to Tom Landry with a record of 85-67, but he won just two playoff games and was unable to get past the divisional round.

Once the parting becomes official, the Cowboys will begin their first full-blown coaching search since Bill Parcells' retirement following the 2006 season. Before hiring Wade Phillips ahead of the 2007 season, the Cowboys cast a wide net in their interview process that included Garrett, Norv Turner, Mike Singletary, Jim Caldwell, Ron Rivera, Todd Bowles, Todd Haley and Tony Sparano.

ESPN
It was quite obvious on why Jerry Jones has been unhappy with Garrett and their lack of playoff contention overall. I doubt Jerry will ever find the right coach to turn the Cowboys to a winning team and beyond. Even if it takes hiring Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley wouldn't cut it.

Also, the finalist for the 2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame has been announced:

Former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu and former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne were named finalists Thursday for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2020 in their first year of eligibility. Five other former NFL greats made their first appearance as finalists.

Safety LeRoy Butler (Packers 1990-2001), wide receiver Torry Holt (Rams 1999-2008; Jaguars 2009), linebacker Sam Mills (Saints 1986-94; Panthers 1995-97), linebacker Zach Thomas (Dolphins 1996-2007; Cowboys 2008) and defensive tackle Bryant Young (49ers 1994-2007) were also named finalists for the first time, though all five previously had been eligible.

The other finalists for the Class of 2020:
  • Steve Atwater (Broncos 1989-98; Jets 1999)
  • Tony Boselli (Jaguars 1995-2001)
  • Isaac Bruce (Rams 1994-2007; 49ers 2008-09)
  • Alan Faneca (Steelers 1998-2007, Jets 2008-09; Cardinals 2010)
  • Steve Hutchinson (Seahawks 2001-05; Vikings 2006-11; Titans 2012)
  • Edgerrin James (Colts 1999-2005; Cardinals 2006-08; Seahawks 2009)
  • John Lynch (Buccaneers 1993-2003; Broncos 2004-07)
  • Richard Seymour (Patriots 2001-08; Raiders 2009-12)
As many as five of the finalists will be chosen Feb. 1 -- the day before Super Bowl LIV -- for the Hall's Class of 2020 by the board of selectors. The Class of 2020 will be formally introduced during the NFL Honors show that evening.

It is Lynch's seventh time as a finalist, Faneca's fifth time and the fourth time for Boselli, Bruce and James. Atwater and Hutchinson have each been a finalist three times.

Mills, who also played three seasons in the USFL before a 12-year NFL career with New Orleans and Carolina, is in his 18th year of eligibility and this year is the first time he has been named a Hall of Fame finalist. Mills and Atwater, in their 18th and 16th years of eligibility, respectively, have waited the longest for potential enshrinement among this year's finalists.

First-time-eligible finalists have been the headliners of the previous two Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremonies. Ray Lewis, Randy Moss and Brian Urlacher were first-time-eligible finalists when they were chosen for the Class of 2018. Champ Bailey and Ed Reed were first-time finalists when they were chosen for the Class of 2019.

Polamalu played 12 seasons with the Steelers and was named to eight Pro Bowls; Wayne was named to six Pro Bowls.

Wayne and James were teammates with the Colts for five seasons.

The Hall of Fame's Class of 2020 will include just the five modern-era finalists who are voted for enshrinement, because this year the contributor and seniors enshrinees will be part of the Hall of Fame's Centennial Class that will include 10 seniors, three contributors and two coaches.

The modern-era Class of 2020 will be enshrined Aug. 8 in Canton, Ohio, and the Centennial Class will be enshrined Sept. 16 during the celebration of the NFL's 100th year.

ESPN

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yet again Jim Marshall misses the finals for the Hall of Fame, yet again it a illegitimate class.

Hutchinson better win that shit.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Hmm you know for a moment I thought Garrett was coming back. They had two or three meetings in the past Week or so and if you were going to let go of a guy why allow him to continue operations if he was in control still. Yeah Jones might never find the perfect Coach for him especially if don't win the SB anytime soon. Troy Polamalu easily going in I feel. One of my favorite Defensive Players to play in the NFL, he was always making plays with his long hair flowing.

Sakura

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
eagles
Maybe I'm missing the boat on this, but what about Ron Rivera is exactly exciting? Despite having great years in 2013, 2015, and 2018, if you take away those three seasons, he's 38-53-1 as head coach. I get I'm taking away their best years, but at the same time, if I just take away 2015, he's 61-62. He's an extremely mediocre coach that got by because he had arguably one of the best quarterbacks of this generation bailing him out.

Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.
Yeah, 2015 alone was really the only thing of much note. And failing to do much of anything since? Meh.

Be interesting to see how he does elsewhere, but Redskins are almost as bad as the Browns when it comes to management and ownership.

As for Garrett? Well, his contract is up soon, anyway. It's no shocker. But the problem is and always has been more than the coaching, and that it is a literal circus in Jerryworld. The problem starts with the Jones family. When your owner is your GM, it's rarely a good thing.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Jerry Jones has supposedly been rumored to want to trade with Minnesota for Mike Zimmer.

If that is actually true, I god damned hope we get two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds. :heston

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Who’s gonna clap on the sidelines now?

Reactions: Chris

Sakura

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
eagles
Probably Mike McCarthy or Urban Meyer. Neither would surprise me of those two. I'd say McDaniels is a possibility, too.

But if they are smart and ambitious, they'll find a way to land Riley or Rhule.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
With the Bills leading the game 16-0 in the first and early second half, The Texans is on fire right now, scoring 19 unanswered points. What a game this has been!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
INSANE game.

I am glad the Bills lost so that I don't have to listen to it from family and friends (mostly family), hahaha, come join me on the elimination couch, again.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
The Texans complete the comeback in thrilling fashion in overtime! Great way to start off the playoffs!

Bummer for the Bills as they have yet win a playoff game since 1995.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
The Titans keeping up with the Patriots with the lead 14-13. The Titans are playing very well against the well-experienced Patriots.

Also, Happy Birthday to the rushing champion Derrick Henry, as he already rushed for 106 yards in the first half.

Last edited: