Official 2020 NFL Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I mean, possibly. I just don’t place the blame on him for the teams short comings. They’ve been plenty of other things wrong with the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh for sure. I just think Ryan's been tainted with bad coaching for all these years and nothing's going to get better until the franchise and Ryan mutually part ways.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh for sure. I just think Ryan's been tainted with bad coaching for all these years and nothing's going to get better until the franchise and Ryan mutually part ways.

I’d be okay with them getting someone. Only problem is I have zero idea who I want them to get lol. Idk if I want a rookie or them to get someone who’s been in the league awhile.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I’d be okay with them getting someone. Only problem is I have zero idea who I want them to get lol. Idk if I want a rookie or them to get someone who’s been in the league awhile.

A trade for Deshaun Watson or Matthew Stafford could actually really revitalize the Falcons, in my opinion at least.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
A trade for Deshaun Watson or Matthew Stafford could actually really revitalize the Falcons, in my opinion at least.

I seen a story today that mentions Watson and the Falcons. I be fine with it.

Stafford I’d like since he was a Bulldog. Haha.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Forget which Madden but I did trade Ryan for him in one of them before.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Looks like the Rams are contenders to try to acquire Stafford, which means the future for Jared Goff looks grim at this point:

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford considers the Los Angeles Rams a viable contender in his trade market, sources told ESPN on Friday.

While it's unclear what the Rams can do with quarterback Jared Goff's long-term deal on the books, they've inquired about Stafford's services and explored what it would take to get something done with Detroit, sources said.

Cutting Goff would cost the Rams $65.2 million in dead money; trading him would cost $22.2 million. Goff signed a four-year, $134 million extension with $110 million guaranteed in the 2019 offseason after Goff and the Rams made a trip to the Super Bowl.

The Lions' front office is familiar with the Rams' salary-cap situation. General manager Brad Holmes was a longtime Rams executive before landing his GM job in Detroit this month.

Rams general manager Les Snead said earlier this week that it would not be easy to overcome the amount of money invested in Goff, but added that "anything can be done" in a salary-cap system when asked if it would be possible to move on from the former No. 1 pick. Coach Sean McVay also was lukewarm in his public support of Goff, saying he's the quarterback "right now" when recently asked about Goff's status as a 2021 starter in Los Angeles.

And Goff was aware the Rams would likely weigh quarterback options this offseason, with some people around the league believing Goff would welcome a fresh start elsewhere. Goff has 18,171 passing yards, 107 touchdown passes, 55 interceptions and 42 regular-season wins since entering the league in 2016.

The Rams might have to get creative if they hope to swing a trade for Stafford. They don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft due to last season's deal to acquire Jalen Ramsey. They have a second-round pick this year and a first-rounder in 2022.

The Lions and Stafford last week mutually agreed to a separation. A source familiar with the situation told ESPN on Saturday night that the Lions would be looking for "fair market value" for Stafford, who is the franchise leader in every major passing category.

NFL teams started reaching out to the Lions about Stafford earlier this week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Several teams have interest in Stafford, with multiple executives around the league believing the Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers, among others, will be involved.

Stafford is prioritizing the chance to compete for championships above all else in the process of finding a new NFL home, sources said.

Trading Stafford will mean $19 million in dead money for the Lions in 2021, saving Detroit $14 million in cap space for next season. There's also a deadline of sorts because Stafford has a $10 million roster bonus due the fifth day of the new league year, which begins March 17.

Perspective teams could attempt to extend Stafford's contract to cultivate a long-term commitment.

Stafford will leave Detroit, whenever he is traded, having thrown for 45,109 yards and 282 touchdowns with 144 interceptions. The Lions made three playoff appearances with Stafford, losing in the wild-card round all three times.

ESPN
Stafford with the Rams would be beneficial because of the dead money they need to get rid of. And for Stafford, he'll have talented wide receivers around him and maybe more if they can acquire a third wide receiver, to play alongside with Higbee, Kupp and Woods (if they all manage to remain with the team).

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Jared goff is terrible anyway

• Haha

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Jared goff is terrible anyway
He's been overrated for the past three seasons. He may put up excellent stats the past, but when it comes to the playoffs, he's not that consistent.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Very much like Wentz and the Eagles highly doubt anything gets done with him because of the Contract especially with Years left on their Contracts. I like Stafford he's a Gun Slinger and he's tougher to me than Goff will ever be. Problem is he's older now so you think that with time Goff can turn it around and you don't need to go after an older player who is starting to rack up injuries. Should be interesting how it works out as we head towards the Free Agency and the Draft.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Well fuck The Rams got it done, but for Stafford he better get them where they need to be within two years or this this deal will look foolish.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Well fuck The Rams got it done, but for Stafford he better get them where they need to be within two years or this this deal will look foolish.
That's insane how much the Rams gave up to get him.

And you're absolutely right @HoHo Kimura, he needs to get them back in contention for the Super Bowl for the next few years, or else it would be a huge failure for the organization. The Rams need to do all they can to make him comfortable and confident to compete with the team.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You see that huge deal and now think about what The Texans will get for Watson when he's traded. It needs to be higher no doubt too and I bet Howie Roseman for my Eagles going nuts wanting to trade Wentz right now.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
2025 is the next time rams got 1st rd pick

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
2025 is the next time rams got 1st rd pick
Oh wow lol

Sean McVay better not do anything stupid to disrupt the team, or his top players could leave for free agency, resulting the team falling apart in the future.