Official 2020 NFL Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
They won the Super Bowl. Obviously they weren't that mediocre a team.

Reactions: Petty

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
They won the Super Bowl. Obviously they weren't that mediocre a team.

The 2010 San Diego Chargers were 1st in Offense and 1st in Defense and still missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record. It's true a record isn't everything but context is needed for each team. The 2011 Giants were 9th Offensively but 25th Defensively. They were a mediocre team that happened to get hot at the right time, plus all of their post-season victories from the Conference Round onwards were come-from-behind.

Just saying, the 2011 Giants were the definition of mediocre.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also to be fair, most of those teams that get in with shitty records are division winners, assuming this new format simply adds more wildcard teams then you probably won't end up with more shitty teams, but more good teams that would have lost their spot to shitty division winners under the current playoff format.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
This move just screams 'we want more money.' That's all it's about. I'm not saying it ruins the NFL or anything. The NFL is pretty much bulletproof these days as we all just love the game of football. It just seems kind of pointless, again, outside of the money.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The 2010 San Diego Chargers were 1st in Offense and 1st in Defense and still missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record. It's true a record isn't everything but context is needed for each team. The 2011 Giants were 9th Offensively but 25th Defensively. They were a mediocre team that happened to get hot at the right time, plus all of their post-season victories from the Conference Round onwards were come-from-behind.

Just saying, the 2011 Giants were the definition of mediocre.
I really don't think any of that is that important. The goal is winning games and ultimately titles. You can be dead last in all statistical categories but if you get the job done at the end of the day... you're good.

On the flipside, if you go 13-3 and can't get get the win when the chips are down... meh. Record didn't really mean much, did it?

So I mean, yeah. A 9-7 record is mediocre and ranking 20th in defense is mediocre. True that. But once you win the title, you shouldn't be called mediocre. Imo.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
If you win when it matters, you aren't mediocre. So, stop that shit. The Giants being 9-7 and winning it all means they were simply the better team that year.

In more important information.. Burrow has stated he don't wanna play for the Bengals. lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It doesn't mean they were the better team that year lmao it means they were the better team THAT GAME :lmao I mean I also kinda agree that if a team wins their league's championship and literally cannot have a better outcome then you shouldn't really criticize them either, but I also don't think it's a rule that you have to think the champions are the absolute best team when people get lucky, injured, or whatever else in sports. Like I mean upsets happen all the time, and I don't think anyone thinks that every team that upsets a number one team in basketball is better...except for SFA beating Duke which should have had them ranked number 1 in the country 4 LIFE :axe:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
It doesn't mean they were the better team that year lmao it means they were the better team THAT GAME :lmao I mean I also kinda agree that if a team wins their league's championship and literally cannot have a better outcome then you shouldn't really criticize them either, but I also don't think it's a rule that you have to think the champions are the absolute best team when people get lucky, injured, or whatever else in sports. Like I mean upsets happen all the time, and I don't think anyone thinks that every team that upsets a number one team in basketball is better...except for SFA beating Duke which should have had them ranked number 1 in the country 4 LIFE :axe:

Wrong.
Luck only plays a small part in winning. Very small part. If you guys are gonna sit here and cry about what a teams record is and when it comes to winning just because it isn't your team then I dunno what to tell you. Your team can try again next year. My team can't win a god damn playoff game and you don't see me bitching and moaning about it.

Regardless of who wants to agree or not, you win it all you are basically the best team in the league for that year. You got the championship to prove it. Just what it is. I'm not gonna argue that opinion with anyone cause that's just the way I see it. Shit happens.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just don't like assigning hard "rules" to what's considered the "best" in anything. Most years I 100% agree the team that wins the championship is the best in the league, and even if I don't think they were the best team in the league then I agree they were the best in the championship game bc they won it....but I mean if you think every team that gets an upset is better than the team they beat then I can accept that bc SFA is better than Duke AXE EM :axe:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Also to be fair, most of those teams that get in with shitty records are division winners, assuming this new format simply adds more wildcard teams then you probably won't end up with more shitty teams, but more good teams that would have lost their spot to shitty division winners under the current playoff format.

This is a really good point, it might actually get more good teams in who deserve it over a team who got in only cause the while damn division sucked. Like the 2014 NFC South. Panthers made it in with a really shitty record of 7-8-1, because the whole division that year was straight up ass. Then you had the Eagles, who were 10-6 miss the playoffs, because they didn't get a wildcard because they weren't as good as The Lions and Cardinals. So we would've had another winning team actually get in to the playoffs, where a team with a losing record actually made it. But the NFC as a whole kind of blew that year, cause an 8-8 49ers also would've made it as well. Just slightly better than the Panthers.

Reactions: Chris

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I just don't like assigning hard "rules" to what's considered the "best" in anything. Most years I 100% agree the team that wins the championship is the best in the league, and even if I don't think they were the best team in the league then I agree they were the best in the championship game bc they won it....but I mean if you think every team that gets an upset is better than the team they beat then I can accept that bc SFA is better than Duke AXE EM :axe:

I still remember how happy I was when Mercer beat Duke during March Madness a few years ago. :TI: so many people's brackets got busted cause of that game. My hometown was happy as hell tho. It all ended their next game when Tennessee beat them, but for a moment they felt like they were on top of the world.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Too bad SFA will never matter again...though.

:hayden3

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is a really good point, it might actually get more good teams in who deserve it over a team who got in only cause the while damn division sucked. Like the 2014 NFC South. Panthers made it in with a really shitty record of 7-8-1, because the whole division that year was straight up ass. Then you had the Eagles, who were 10-6 miss the playoffs, because they didn't get a wildcard because they weren't as good as The Lions and Cardinals. So we would've had another winning team actually get in to the playoffs, where a team with a losing record actually made it. But the NFC as a whole kind of blew that year, cause an 8-8 49ers also would've made it as well. Just slightly better than the Panthers.

Yeah exactly. People automatically assume shittier teams are gonna make it in when that's probably not going to be the case with a wildcard format. I actually prefer the division system the NFL uses for playoffs better than say the NBA's of just taking the best 8 teams of each conference bc taking the best 8 doesn't factor in your divisions strength of schedule bc the NBA still plays within their division more. It would basically make playing each member of the division twice in a season meaningless if the NFL went to that, every regular season game would count the same instead of division ones being more important.

Reactions: Vegeta

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp