Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Stop if you are interested State Of The Art is on Watchwrestling right now. Heard Cole Vs Jay was good.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
three steps ahead of you :eek:tunga:
Damn it! Gonna see the matches they have on show and see if its worth a watch. 12th Anniversary looks pretty lackluster except from Styles Vs Lethal and Cole Vs Hero.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
12th anniversary has been highly rated from what I have gathered.

I personally am impressed with ROH in 2014. Best their product has been in a long time and drawing good crowds. I don't think a crowd has been under 500 people since December.

Reactions: THG?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Thats good. I will reserve full judgement for 12th Anniversary until I have seen it, the card just looks luckluster.

One thing, NEVER have you main event open. You can tease it with both guys wanting it now and have someone like Nigel say no. Its main event for a reason.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Thats good. I will reserve full judgement for 12th Anniversary until I have seen it, the card just looks luckluster.

One thing, NEVER have you main event open. You can tease it with both guys wanting it now and have someone like Nigel say no. Its main event for a reason.
Cole vs Briscoe was never to my knowledge billed as the main event of state of the art. The lethal, Steen, Ciampa and Elgin 4way was.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Jay Briscoe Vs Adam Cole
Promotion: ROH
Show: State Of The Art
Rating: 2.3
In Depth: This match sucked balls. For the level of the guys in the match I am severely disappointed. It was boring. Nothing interesting happened. The ending was okay.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Cesaro vs Sami Zayn, NXT Arrival
Rating: 4.7
Comment: This is why I love pro wrestling. WWE are really stepping it up on the matches side. This was a master class in psychology. Both men worked termendously well and the chemistry is obvious. Zayn came off as a star in defeat.

Stop's spot count: 42

Stopspot

Reaction score
Mad Blankey (Naruki Doi, YAMATO, Cyber Kong, BXB Hulk) vs Monster Express (Sasochiko Boy, Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi), Nagoya elimination match, Dragon Gate Infinity #316
Rating: 3.7
Comment: This was an interesting match style. The Nagoya elimination match is a mix of a survivor series match and the rumble. It starts off with two people in the ring, then at a certain time limit (I think it was 5 minutes), a random competitor enters, meaning it can become a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1 or it could just as well even the numbers. Up until all members in the match have entered, people can be eliminated by over the top rope. But once everyone has entered the match, it become your standard elimination tag. This was a go home match for the last big ppv of the year for DG and was used to sell the main event of the ppv between Hulk and Yoshino. Mad Blankey got a lot of dominance in this and the Express worked really well as faces in peril, Tozawa being extremely good at it. Also the typical fast pace you'd expect out of Dragon Gate.

Stop's spot count: 43

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: The Decade vs Alexander,Page, Briscoe
Event: 12th anniversary
Rating: 3.5
Comment: Pretty entertaining trios match which featured some nice interactions, double team moves and a great spot in the last few minutes with the face team doing dives off the apron to the Decade members. Also Alexander got in a backbreaker on Strong to advance their feud which has got me interested in seeing a match between them.

Pop Tart Match Count: 23

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Jay Lethal vs AJ Styles
Event: 12th anniversary
Rating: 3.3
Comment: Really disappointing contest, not any memorable sequences, lacked intensity and near falls. Finish came abruptly, match needed more time.

Pop Tart Match Count: 24

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: ACH vs Davey Richards
Event: The Golden Dream
Rating: 4
Review: This was a really good encounter here both work so well together, really nice sequences due to the athletic nature of both guys, really back and forth affair. Good counters on display, ACH got the crowd on his side when he looked like he was going to pull of a win.

Pop Tart Match Count: 25

Stopspot

Reaction score
New Japan Strong style 42nd anniversary.

Tag match: Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
Rating: 2 stars
Comment: Just two stars but didn't need more. It was designed to give the two rookies some experience and Suzuki and Taichi a spot on the card. Was a fun match with the two veterans kicking the shit out of two rookies who also got chances to shine.

Tag match: CHAOS (Gedo & Jado) vs. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi
Rating: 2.9
Comment: Clocking in at just decent. Nakanishi stuck out as an odd man out in this one. Jado and Gedo are still fun and Kushida is one of my fav NJPW juniors but Nakanishi with his old heavyweight style and age just felt like a third wheel. Decent match but felt that a jr weight partner would have suited Kushida better. Nakanishi is still fun to watch in the right type of match, but here I did not feel him.

Six man tag: BUSHI, Captain New Japan & El Desperado vs. Jushin Liger, Super Strong Machine & Tiger Mask IV
Rating: 3
Comment: Seemed like more of a vehicle for Desperado's next feud more than anything. But there were a couple of nice spots pulled out and the flow of the match was decent. Not that big a fan of SSM but I'll take it.

Six man tag: BULLET CLUB (Bad Luck Fale, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi
Rating: 3.4
Comment: Enjoyed this one a fair bit. Bullet Club are all talented men and they were set up with good opponents, Devitt's rival Taguchi and two guys Fale have gone to war with it Makabe and Honma (or rather seems like he will go to war with Honma in the future). Was a good watch, could definitely have been better but was okay.

Eight man tag: CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima), Kazushi Sakuraba & Yuji Nagata
Rating: 2.5
Comment: Aka a bunch of old timers & Sakuraba. Yano hijinks are always fun and Kojima is a beast but I did not feel this one. Good match considering the overall age of the guys involved, but not for me.

Tag match: BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
Rating: 3.6
Comment: Them punches, them kicks, mmmmmm. I liked this one. A phycial showdown between two top teams. Looking forward to the rematch down the road, possibly with the belts on the line.

Tag match: CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito
Rating: 4
Comment: 3 guys I love watching and Naito (who is good but not on the level of the other 3) made for a real fun outing. Must be frustrating for Naito to be the babyface in his feud with Ishii but get booed in favor of Ishii. Naito's glorious return has not gone as NJPW intended but they seem to be rolling with it well.

Champion vs Champion: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi
Rating: 4.5
Comment: Yum. All I have to say. Really enjoyed this match. Felt at times like Okada was going through the motions but he is one of the best today if not the best in his generation. And Ibushi is the man. Really liked this champ vs champ match. Also dat German suplex :fap:

Stop's spot count: 51

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Fatal 4 way to determine number 1 contender-Drake Younger, Chris Hero, Johnny Gargano, and Kyle O'Reilly
Promotion: PWG
Event: DDT4 2014
Rating: 4.5
Comment: This was a really well executed match, unusually for this type of match pretty much all four guys were in the ring all the time, Starts of with all four guys chain wrestling each other in various pairs, there was some really unique stuff here such as all four guys in a test of strength with Hero gaining advantage and reversing all the pressure on the other three.
Loads of other cool stuff involving all four followed and a lot of brutal stiff strikes being thrown about. Finishing sequence involving Drake and Kyle was amazing, lots of drama.

Pop Tart Match Count: 26

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Match: RockNesMonsters vs Best Friends (Trent? And Chuck Taylor)
Event: DDT4
Rating:3/5
Comment: A good starter for DDT4, A Lot of Tag Team action and both teams got a fair bit of offensive in. Oh the Comedy in this match, The Chuck Taylor photo on Trent?’s Kneepad and The Best Friends’ Secret weapon, which had me laughing. Overall, Great match to start DDT4 off.
Forrest's Match Count: 6

Match: Innercity Machine Guns vs The African American Wolves
Event: DDT4
Rating: 4/5
Comment: A great Highflying match with good comedy segments as well. The Machine Guns wanted to be known as Martin Luther Kings of Wrestling, also Known as Malcom Degeneration X, Also Known as the Inner City Machine Guns. There was also a recurring joke where AR Fox and Ricochet would get Rich Swann and ACH mixed up, starting with Swann and ACH doing a Mirror sequence and Ricochet tagging in ACH by accident. Great match and the Crowd also got into it, singing All Night Long at certain parts of the match.
Forrest's Match Count: 7

Last edited: