Official 2010 March Madness Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated RJC

Reaction score
It's that time of the year ago, MARCH MADNESS. Possibly the best time in sports and we're just a short bit away from major Conference Tournaments beginning.

I'm so pumped for this tournament where to me the field is wide open. There's Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and the top half of the Big East all having great chances to win. It's going to be one hell of a month.

Discuss

TheCHB

Reaction score
I can't wait!!

It's to bad that Canada doesn't have a whole lot of coverage but hey atleast there's justin an ustream.

the408kid

Reaction score
I really hope one year we see a number 16 seed beat a number 1 seed. Although it's never happened, their have been times when it's almost happened. Princeton-Georgetown: 1989
Albany-UCONN: 2006

the408kid

Reaction score
So far the teams that are in are
1) Murray State
2) Winthrop
3) East Tennesse State
4) Cornell

Usually you wont see anything in the tournament from these teams but they could produce an upset or two.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I don't see a 1 seed losing this year. The 1 seeds are just too strong with them most likely being Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, and Duke. If K-State or Purdue would somehow sneak into a 1 seed then that's the only legitimate chance I see for one 16 seed.

the408kid

Reaction score
I don't see a 1 seed losing this year. The 1 seeds are just too strong with them most likely being Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, and Duke. If K-State or Purdue would somehow sneak into a 1 seed then that's the only legitimate chance I see for one 16 seed.
And even then it would still be next to impossible for a 16 seed to win.

straight_edge76

So is anybody interested in a IWF march madness tourney pick 'em? We did one last year and it was pretty cool.

straight_edge76

Yeah, well If I can get at least 10 or so people to take part then i'll create a group on Yahoo! sports.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
^ That link just says 'Error, you are not a member of this group.'

Could you email me an invite or something like that?

straight_edge76

sure dude, just PM me your email address ok?

edit- anybody that is interested in joining the March Madness pick 'em just PM me your email addeess and I'll send you an invite via Email.

the408kid

Reaction score
Wow what a day so far in the tournament.
It's been a day full of upsets.

#11 Old Dominion beats #6 Notre Dame
#13 Murray St. beats #4 Vanderbilt- via last second shot
#14 Ohio beats #3 Georgetown- game not even close
and #15 Robert Morris just loses in ot to #2 Villanova

To me the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament are the best 4 days in basketball and here's why imo:
1. Tons of games to watch on tv or online.
2. The teams from the small and mid-major conferences having the chance to pull the upset against major powerhouse programs.
3. The potential for many games going down to the last shot.

Now that I've stated my reasons for my opinion what's your take:

1. Is the first 4 days of March Madness the best time for basketball?
2. If not then what is?

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Ohio, the biggest assholes ever. I had Georgetown in the Elite 8, I'm a fucking blueberry.

I had Murray State but not Old Dominion so fuck them as well.

Robert Morris put on one hell of a show, more so Guard Karon Abraham who was banging 3s and taking it to the hole like he was a Big East Guard.

I'm more of a fan of the first weekend, so much excitement and tons of upsets are good to see even if they destory my bracket.

I'm basically raped bracket wise already, not all the way but pretty damn close.